WDW Permits Part 4

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
awe man. was looking forward to them finally starting the snow white mine ride. damn.

thanks for finding all the permits though! =D

If that one happens, it will be filed by Construction (most likely), and I bet there's an official announcement before the file a building permit.

They already made that mistake once (filed blueprints for FLE with the local jurisdiction before they made it public) - they ain't gonna do it again :)

scott7302

Castle Hub Construction?

What does that mean exactly... I am going to be in Disney world from the 21st January until 8th February, are they going to ruin the hub with construction walls as they have done far end of Main street?

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Castle Hub Construction?

What does that mean exactly... I am going to be in Disney world from the 21st January until 8th February, are they going to ruin the hub with construction walls as they have done far end of Main street?

It's a BVCC permit, so I don't anticipate it being major. Heck, maybe it's the permit for taking down the dream lights :shrug:

scott7302

Ah thank you for that!

I see your going to be there the same time as me!

I LOVE the Wilderness Lodge! I have never stayed there but fell in love with it when I was there last time, staying at Polynesian Resort and cannot wait. Only reason did not stay there is because of the room view... We have requested a magic kingdom view room!

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Ah thank you for that!

I see your going to be there the same time as me!

I LOVE the Wilderness Lodge! I have never stayed there but fell in love with it when I was there last time, staying at Polynesian Resort and cannot wait. Only reason did not stay there is because of the room view... We have requested a magic kingdom view room!

Don't hold me to it....but I too am hoping for few construction walls on Main Street. We're taking my brother and his new wife (her first visit) and tried to time our dates for low crowds, yet after the annual closing of Splash. We'll see.

But yeah, I'm sure we'll pass each other and never know it. We'll be there Jan 30 - Feb 5. Villas at Wilderness Lodge, actually (DVC members). My wife wants to stay at Poly....maybe November :)

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/12/11 Update

Looks like they're starting on Golden Oaks with the construction of the clubhouse.

Also, a Signage and Graphics Package for the Haunted Mansion. The new queue isn't done, so is this perhaps the rumored return of Fastpass?

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Why would HM need a next gen queue? The line goes fast anyway! Maybe it needs a gift shop so it can be like every other Disney ride. :p

Nobody mentioned a Next Gen Queue for HM in this thread. That's being discussed elsewhere.

This is just regarding a building permit filed for new signs at the Haunted Mansion. Likely directional and informational signs for the extended queue.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/18/11 Update

And what may be the biggest news of the day... :lookaroun

...they're doing some carpentry work in the Tiki VIP lounge.

Related to the fire, or pure coincidence?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And what may be the biggest news of the day... :lookaroun

...they're doing some carpentry work in the Tiki VIP lounge.

Related to the fire, or pure coincidence?
A good possibility it is related to the fire. The contractor is SCS hardwood floors. From the rumors going around the sprinkler system went off during the fire. If that is correct and they went off over hardwood floors there is a good chance they look like this now.

396_5bf8.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
A good possibility it is related to the fire. The contractor is SCS hardwood floors. From the rumors going around the sprinkler system went off during the fire. If that is correct and they went off over hardwood floors there is a good chance they look like this now.

Indeed. But what the heck is the Tiki VIP Lounge?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom