WDW Permits Part 4

RSoxNo1

SeaCastle has brought it to my attention that WDI is installing a 10-trailer complex at Epcot.

10 trailers is a lot of trailers. I know there's a WDI building behind FW, so maybe they're going to remodel that building and everyone's moving into temporary offices.

I'd like to think they're gearing up for a major project, but we would have seen site plans by now.

Would that be too large (and too early) for the Test Track refurbishment? I suppose the other possible project that would necessitate that type of trailer complex would be Brazil?

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Would that be too large (and too early) for the Test Track refurbishment? I suppose the other possible project that would necessitate that type of trailer complex would be Brazil?

10 trailers is a huge complex, especially when WDI has an office behind Epcot already. Isn't it near Test Track, or am I thinking of something else?

A refurb of an existing ride wouldn't require that much resources, in my estimation. It will be a relatively simple project, compared to others they have going on.

Now, adding a country...that would take some serious office space. But again, I have seen no paperwork filed anywhere that leads me to believe any new development at Epcot will be taking place in the near future.

PhilharMagician

10 trailers is a huge complex, especially when WDI has an office behind Epcot already. Isn't it near Test Track, or am I thinking of something else?

A refurb of an existing ride wouldn't require that much resources, in my estimation. It will be a relatively simple project, compared to others they have going on.

Now, adding a country...that would take some serious office space. But again, I have seen no paperwork filed anywhere that leads me to believe any new development at Epcot will be taking place in the near future.

I thought the WDI office is behind Mission Space?

Where would there be enough room to set up 10 trailers? The lot behind the Outpost?

I still do not see the need for that many trailers for even adding a country. That is a lot of office space! They do not have that many trailers set up for the Fantasyland expansion or should I say that much square ft of office space since they now seem to have semi permanent buildings on site at the SToLport.

Very curious.

cbconglom

ok but if only a few people in the company know exactly what is getting greenlit and if they file a permit and we can guess it then that ruins the suprise. i'm sure we'll know in one week at d23

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Directly behind WoL is the current WDI office. That would explain the location, but not the reason.

So....this makes me lean even further toward a refurb of WDI's office building, with the trailers being a temporary displacement location for them.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
08/17/11 Update

Sorry for the delay. I've been out of town, but SeaCastle researched the permits this week in my stead.

The 16th provided an assortment of fun filings, including some work at the American Adventure in preparation for Christmas (maybe I'll get to witness some of the work on my Backstage Magic tour on the 30th); a refurb of Rose and Crown; replacement of the Rivers of America backstage dock; and other miscellaneous items.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
08/25/11 Update

Kicking off the installation of Osborne lights, with some electrical and structural infrastructure work.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
09/01/2011 Update

I just returned from WDW, and am just now catching up on last week's permits.

SeaCastle was also down in the World, and we had the great opportunity to meet in person. He was a bit delayed by Irene, but they were able to take a nice trip. I think he's returning today, so we'll be back on schedule this week.

uklad79

So is the big expansion of WDI offices for this AK land? Or DTD or FL? or DVC? so much going on maybe they needed to increase the size of the team in Orlando.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
So is the big expansion of WDI offices for this AK land? Or DTD or FL? or DVC? so much going on maybe they needed to increase the size of the team in Orlando.

They started building it far too soon for Avatar. The first year of Avatar development will take place in Anaheim. We won't see or hear anything else about it in FL until they get the site development package approved by the Drainage Board. It will be at that time when we see a WDI mobilization near AK - likely near the AK parade facility.

What is Nsa?

North Service Area. It's the mass of facilities immediately north of the Magic Kingdom. It was actually the first infrastructure built on property, as they needed Central Shops as a place to build the rides.

Currently, NSA includes the train garage, which has the monorail "roundhouse" above it, and a bus repair shop to the side; Central Shops, where they make everything from signs to trash cans, to entire rides; the main cooling tower for MK; a trash incinerator; a small power plant; cast parking; the Disney Institute; the Holiday Services warehouse; and a few more things. You can check it out on an online map service.

wdw71fan

They started building it far too soon for Avatar. The first year of Avatar development will take place in Anaheim. We won't see or hear anything else about it in FL until they get the site development package approved by the Drainage Board. It will be at that time when we see a WDI mobilization near AK - likely near the AK parade facility.

North Service Area. It's the mass of facilities immediately north of the Magic Kingdom. It was actually the first infrastructure built on property, as they needed Central Shops as a place to build the rides.

Currently, NSA includes the train garage, which has the monorail "roundhouse" above it, and a bus repair shop to the side; Central Shops, where they make everything from signs to trash cans, to entire rides; the main cooling tower for MK; a trash incinerator; a small power plant; cast parking; the Disney Institute; the Holiday Services warehouse; and a few more things. You can check it out on an online map service.

Disney University, not Disney Institute....

also, spectro is stored there right now.. Textile services (see: laundry for the MK, etc) costuming for MK and the surrounding resorts, cast stores, the bone yard for MK, and more..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom