WDW Permits Part 3

flavious27

3 permits today. One of them is for relocating the power connection at the TTC ferry landing. Didn't they do this a year ago?

Also added a few from Osceola County from recent weeks (we don't check them as often). 3 for work in a Celebration office building yesterday, and one at ESPN on the 18th.

Can anyone signup for an account on this government site to view these permits?

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
11/30/10 Update

Starting work at Hyperion Wharf, it appears. Carpentry work at the boat dock. Perhaps unrelated.

Lots of work coming up at the MK:
* Facade work at City Hall
* Stroller parking by the treehouse (ugh)
* Electrical work at Astro Orbiter (apparently not enough to justify a ride closure any more)
* The rest of the Adventureland Restroom Refurb
* Electrical work at Small World. (Dang. Knew there was something they forgot during the actual refurb!)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Starting work at Hyperion Wharf, it appears. Carpentry work at the boat dock. Perhaps unrelated.

Lots of work coming up at the MK:
* Facade work at City Hall
* Stroller parking by the treehouse (ugh)
* Electrical work at Astro Orbiter (apparently not enough to justify a ride closure any more)
* The rest of the Adventureland Restroom Refurb
* Electrical work at Small World. (Dang. Knew there was something they forgot during the actual refurb!)

They have to file a permit to rope off an area for stroller parking? :eek:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
They have to file a permit to rope off an area for stroller parking? :eek:

:lol: Almost.

It's actually for "pavement" work. I guess the strollers are important enough to spend money on new concrete. A shame our hard earned ticket-dollars are going towards better pavement surfaces for those wretched things.

flavious27

:lol: Almost.

It's actually for "pavement" work. I guess the strollers are important enough to spend money on new concrete. A shame our hard earned ticket-dollars are going towards better pavement surfaces for those wretched things.

you have to put up with it, disney would lose alot of cash if strollers and those families did not visit.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/02/10 Update

Updates brought to you today by SeaCastle.

Also, note that I'm using the last reserved post in this thread. Starting in January, I'll be using WDW Permits Part 4.

A couple of interesting permits today. Mechanical work at Cindy's Castle. Electrical work for a food cart in the hub, as you head to TL, and also for a merchandise cart at Poly.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/03/10

19 permits filed today...all by BVCC.

The only one that caught my attention was work at 1396A MK Drive, which coincides with any of the FLE locations, or Pooh. Perhaps WDW is adding their final touches to the Pooh queue.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/14/10 Update

Permit filed for electrical work at Primeval Whirl.

Some pump and heat exchanger work at "Living Seas". Refurb of the Friendship boat dock near Canada. Roof repairs to Land greenhouse.

A new barricade at Fantasia Gardens :shrug:

Beginning refurb of CM bathrooms in the Village Haus, and some mechanical work at the Jungle Cruise boat storage area.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/16/10 Update

Today's permits researched by SeaCastle

A handful of permits today, with two at the MK.

They actually filed a permit to decorate the MK bus platform. Seems like overkill to me. Not really "construction" unless there's more to it than we think.

Also, they're preparing for the graphics package at the Expo Hall. That's usually one of the last few tasks. Are we seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Today's permits researched by SeaCastle

A handful of permits today, with two at the MK.

They actually filed a permit to decorate the MK bus platform. Seems like overkill to me. Not really "construction" unless there's more to it than we think.

Also, they're preparing for the graphics package at the Expo Hall. That's usually one of the last few tasks. Are we seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?
There is only one thing that could mean......monorail expansion.:drevil:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
12/17/10 Update

11 permits brought to you today by the letters B, V, C and C.

As my cohort SeaCastle said, "It's a BVCC day, but some interesting locations."

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Can you elaborate on these ones?

No furtherr information is provided by BVCC construction permits rather than the fact that construction will take place.

What SeaCastle said. What you see is what you get, when it comes to BVCC filing them. A whole lot of nothing. :(

However, I have come to find that when BVCC is doing the work, it means one of two things:

A) It's extremely minor work that didn't justify them putting it out for bid, or

B) It's Disney-specific work, like specialty tasks that include components coming from Central Shops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom