WDW Permits part 2

hpyhnt 1000

My, Orange County is picky! Some of these things that have permits filed... seems like a waste of time and paper for everyone involved. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's still amazing to me that they have to file a permit for small changes such as the new ice machine at Liberty Tree Tavern.

That does not involve the structural part of the building or the existing purpose of the building.

:)
But it does involve plumbing, electrical hook ups etc

My, Orange County is picky! Some of these things that have permits filed... seems like a waste of time and paper for everyone involved. :shrug:
It is not just Orange county pretty much every county is like this. Miami/Dade is the absolute worst. I think you need to file for a permit in order to file a permit.

brkgnews

What's more amazing is what does NOT need a permit... am I correct that we never saw a single permit directly related to the dismantling of the want at SSE? I don't recall one.

One wonders if there's a "hush hush" clause that allows Disney to do major proprietary things like that without putting the permits into the public record (obtaining permits, but keeping them sealed)

RiversideBunny

It does seem strange if a permit is required, for instance, to repair sidewalks at the resorts, but a major change like removal of the wand goes ahead without a permit?
Maybe the permit was disguised under some vague terms.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
What's more amazing is what does NOT need a permit... am I correct that we never saw a single permit directly related to the dismantling of the want at SSE? I don't recall one.

One wonders if there's a "hush hush" clause that allows Disney to do major proprietary things like that without putting the permits into the public record (obtaining permits, but keeping them sealed)

It does seem strange if a permit is required, for instance, to repair sidewalks at the resorts, but a major change like removal of the wand goes ahead without a permit?
Maybe the permit was disguised under some vague terms.

It has been my understanding that if work is done by Disney itself the permits are filed at a different office and are not available on line.

WDW Monorail

There was a permit for the Wand demo but..... it was scanned in to the system after most of the work was done.
:p

I really wish we could get our hands on the internal company notifications. :slurp:

WDW Monorail

I recently came across this number...

In recent years, RCID has applied for about 4700-5000 permits or more each year. Of course, not all of these are NCs as we see in this thread.

DisneyDrum

Hmm..I guess the ugly purple innoventions canopy isn't going away, since there're painting it. I guess it's something.

And I think the addition of an IBM demonstration to innoventions is new..I wonder what that's about...

RiversideBunny

It still seems weird to have to get a permit to replace an ice machine.
That's more like routine maintenance than a change.
It involves electrical wiring and plumbing so that's probably the reason.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It still seems weird to have to get a permit to replace an ice machine.
That's more like routine maintenance than a change.
It involves electrical wiring and plumbing so that's probably the reason.

Correct. Many are hardwired in and of course they have a water connection as well as a drain.

hokielutz

That really is a ton of paperwork for anything involving replacement or small additions, not to mention the permits that are required for anything that is of large scale.

They could probably fill a few warehouses with all the permits WDW has needed for its history.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would assume these are the restroom under the old Skyway bldg. If it is it kind of stinks that money is being invested in that bldg when it should just go away.
It is also glad to know that according to Orange county Timekeeper and Dream Flight are still in Tomorrowland.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom