WDW NEWS, Year in Review.....

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Oh what a year its been, here is a list of things i can think of that have opened/happened this year.

PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST!!!

1. Primeval Whirl.....march 31st
2. JIYI with FIGMENT.....august
3. Disney Pin Traders.....Downtown Disney
4. Segway at Epcot
5. Disney Magic....sets sail to the western caribbean
6. New food area at the Caribbean Beach
7. New DVC at Beach Club
8. New DVC starts construction at LBV
9. Shades of Green closes for extensive rehab
10. New paint/rehan of main street facade and Castle
11. Main Street Cinema now another shop
12. Cop/timekeeper still seasonal
13. MORE characters everywhere
14. Safety....new gates at splash ect, and new speils
15. Crystal Palace Rehab
16. Casey's Rehab
17. Splash Rehab
18. HM Rehab
19. Norway Rehab
20. Itally/canada paint/rehab
21. More MVMCP, up to 12 from 7
22. More MNSSHP, up to 7 from 5
23. Street widening downtown/ repave ramps of world drive
24. Bonnet Creek construction begins
25. New OIA disney store
26. Lilo and Stitch
27. The Country Bears
28. Treasure Planet
29. E-Rides are back
30. Early Entry is back
31. Mission Space building completed
32. Lion King Closed
33. Huntchback of Noterdame Closed
34. 1 word and a number... TOWER 4!!!!!!!!!
35. New AFI post ride show at Backlot tour, Villains theme
36. Carriage rides at PO and FW resorts
37. Once upon a toy at Downtown Disney
38. Tampa Bay Bucs
39. Next generation FastPasses
40. Pessler leaves WDW parks and resorts

thats all i can come up with.....help me out guys.....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Walt Disney Story.....now exposition hall, basically a Kodak store
Main Steet Cinama....just a mini emporiam
West Center Street....now part of the emporium
Magic shop................part of the emporium
Penny Arcade..............you guest it, part of the emporium
Firehouse..................extension of the emporium

Welcome to the Walk Di$ney World!

Mookie

The store inside Main Street Cinema is pretty cool though, it features merchandise from Disney parks all over the world. The 'movie' playing shows scenes from all four of Disney's resorts.

JLW11Hi

Yep, all in all, a pretty slow year!

I hope that with Mission: Space and Philharmagic comming, and with the rumored projects at Epcot, and any more new rumors that pop up, 2003 should be a better year addition wise.

mickeyfanatics

2002, just like 2001, and 2000, almost nothing spectacular was added to WDW. I can still count on 2 hands (only 10 fingers) the number of true attractions that they have added since the Millenium Celebration began in October of 1999. That is almost 3 1/4 years!!! I hope 2003 it will be "the place to be" as their new t-shirts say. They really need to "add" something new withouth destroying anything. But I still return with my kids for our favorite attractions.

lnsemsf

They also put those obnoxious screens in Spaceship Earth, it's under the catagory of saftey, but it's also a ride change so maybe worth it's own mention. Also the passholder lounges came and went.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
Yep, all in all, a pretty slow year!

I hope that with Mission: Space and Philharmagic comming, and with the rumored projects at Epcot, and any more new rumors that pop up, 2003 should be a better year addition wise.

I really don't know about this. I mean, by the trip reports people post, it seems to me Disney is forgetting what made itself so great. So for 2003, I hope they tend to what they already have more carefully and more lovingly then worry about throwing new stuff around and neglecting what's already there.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
OR as SirNimajneb/GrizzlyHall call it "Wallet Disney World"! :hammer: :hammer: Or to put it in the "Eisnic" language, "Wallet Di$ney World!" :hammer: :brick: :p :hammer:

you better check your sources :)

Michael72688

2002 hasn't been an easy year for Disney, or any company for that matter! So in my opinion I think they did what they could with what they had, now I also am not pleased with somethings they did (cutting ToD in half), or the fact they havent added at new ride (not like the Magic Carpets of Aladdin) So lets all hope 2003 will be a great year! :sohappy:

Originally posted by Michael72688
So lets all hope 2003 will be a great year! :sohappy:

By all indications, it will be. A mega-huge-monster new attraction, and another headliner opening with Mission: Space and Philharmagic

We can hope that these, along with hopeful travel and economic rebounds, will build the base for yet another Disney rennaissance!

I'm just looking forward to June when me and my family are heading back.. I'm looking forward to making my own opinion on M:S and not wasting my time riding TT :lol:

::CONCEPT:: for the same level of thrill you recieve at TT...go rent a convertible and drive 65mph through Nashville... lemme tell ya.. that's scary..LMAO

orangefan15

Since you mentioned other movies (Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, etc.)...what about The Rookie?!?!?!? It was in the theaters for a while (had a pretty good box office numbers if I remember correctly) and got some pretty good reviews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom