WDW NEWS, Year in Review.....

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by orangefan15
Since you mentioned other movies (Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, etc.)...what about The Rookie?!?!?!? It was in the theaters for a while (had a pretty good box office numbers if I remember correctly) and got some pretty good reviews.
It certainly did better than that flop of a movie, Treasure Planet...which I honestly liked, but the marketing did it in--can't plug a movie as just being on IMAX for months and then just before it opens, decide to put it on all screens...anyway, you forgot:

-"a bug's land" opens at Disney's California Adventure
-Disney's Aladdin--A Musical Spectacular opens at Disney's California Adventure
-Mulholland Madness reopens
-Walt Disney Studios Paris opens
-Tower of Terror groundbreaks
-Pop Century's opening date continues to be pushed back (although it's indefinite now...)
-major Splash Mountain rehab at Disneyland Park
-major Matterhorn Bobsleds rehab
-major King Arthur Carousel rehab
-Sleeping Beauty Castle closed for months...you guessed it, rehab (still closed...through at least the end of may)
-SHOCKWAVE at Epcot
-Disney decides to start showing Fantasy in the Sky and SpectroMagic during the week (couple days each week)
-attendance continues to increase (as supported by slowly increasing hours)
-Disney's Eureka! A California Parade now presented only during the summer (even though people love it...)
-"it's a small world" repainted at Disneyland Park
-Hong Kong Disneyland grounbreaks
I think it has been a fine year for Disney. You all are being rather hard on the company; they have spent quite a bit of money in Parks and Resorts this year

TURKEY

Defibrilators are throughout the parks and resorts.

TB Bucs held training camp at Wide World of Sports, possibly becoming a long term deal.

pheneix

>>>Sleeping Beauty Castle closed for months...you guessed it, rehab (still closed...through at least the end of may)<<<

The walkthrough has been closed for good, partially because of security reasons and mostly because of cutbacks. It will probably be under "rehab" for another year before it dissappears off of the radar for good.

>>>Disney's Eureka! A California Parade now presented only during the summer (even though people love it...)<<<

Eureka is gone for good...

I don't think I've seen the Epcot power outage and closure added to the thread anywhere either.

ToTBellHop

Regarding Eureka's current hiatus...I would have though Disney would have learned from Animal Kingdom that you really need a daytime parade in all of the parks--especially the case in a park with no fireworks that just plays the Electrical Parade three nights a week...of greatest annoyance to me, though, is the fact that this was a good parade...almost as stupid as not showing Fantasmic! from November through June while only showing Believe...There's Magic in the Stars twice a week...but that's a different story. Seems counter-productive to spend millions on the new Aladdin show while canceling an already-popular parade. As for the Castle, it's not closed PERMANENTLY, just for a while. Keep in mind it is 48 years old and made out of wood; it needs work. They want it to be open for the 50th Anniversary at least...anyway, not a big deal that it is closed. The kewlest thing about the Castles is looking at them down their respective Main Streets (or World Bazaars...)

pheneix

>>>Seems counter-productive to spend millions on the new Aladdin show while canceling an already-popular parade.<<<

It's called siphoning funds...

>>>As for the Castle, it's not closed PERMANENTLY, just for a while.<<<

I don't think we are on the same page here. There was once a little walkthrough attraction that you had to enter through a door in the back of the castle that you could go to. I don't remember the specifics about this, but I know that it was closed a couple of years ago as a cutback measure. The main thoroughfare is open/will reopen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom