WDW Marathon Weekend 2009

Greenlawler

I just finished reading your marathon review. WOW. What a great story. You really captured the essence of what a (newbie) runner is feeling through out the race. I ran Disney in 2005. It was my third marathon, but I had all those same feelings running (excuse the pun) through my head. 'I feel great', 'maybe I will actually hit sub 5', 'Disney Rocks', 'why does mile 18 hurt so much'...just like you, I ran much faster then I thought I would. I flew through the parks and even though I stopped for pictures, with many characters, I got my best marathon time ever (5:15).
While reading your story, I almost started crying when I read the part about 'making your own history'. What a great thing to say.
Congratulations on a great first run. Just like you, I was hooked after my first. I hope to see you in January.

Thanks Kwit35,
I hope your training goes well, we were at Disney last week so I fell behind a little.

HollyBelle

Great race report, Greenlawler. My boyfriend and I are also avid character hunters! We have been for the last four years and they are also are motivation and inspiration for running the marathon. It's almost surreal to read about your experience with Hades. Seeing a picture of him was the beginning of our journey, as well. I think it's great that you went back for the picture.

It's my hope to capture at least 3 new characters during the race. This includes any classics donning outfits we haven't been able to take pictures with yet (i.e. Mickey and Minnie from the Jammin Jungle parade, Chip/Dale in Mexico gear, and more). But I'd say the one I'm truly on the lookout for is Kermit.

Thanks for your insight... It's helping me to get pumped about running this race!

bryPOD

Original Poster
Hey everyone.
So I've been going down for the marathon weekend for over 8 years to cheer on my father. I can only think of of 2 marathon weekends where Splash Mountain has been operational. It is usually down for 10 days for repair during this time of year. I called and made a formal complaint, and actually got some positive feedback. I encourage all of you to do the same!

Thanks.

ultramm

My wife and I are doing the Dopey again. 4th Goofy and 2nd Dopey for me and 3rd Goofy and 2nd Dopey for here.

We leave 9 weeks on Weds for WDW and are at BWV. See you there!

Main Street USA

I just got back from the race for the taste, but I'm holding off on the marathon unti the 2010 race. I think I'm going for the goofy.....I think. Congrats to all of you who are heading down for this one. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun!

bryPOD

Original Poster
We were there a couple years ago for the marathon. The crowds were not bad at all. It was probably the best trip we ever had.

I second that; I go yearly for this event and the crowds are minimal and their is this great energy in the air. A fun time for runners and disney fans alike!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom