WDW is for lovers

DiPSU224

Original Poster
I bought a shirt last time I was at the parks that says "Walt Disney World is for Lovers" that I thought was pretty cute. We all know WDW is a really romantic place when shared with someone we love, not to mention that I've heard that its the #1 honeymoon destination. So what is your favorite romantic thing to do with your significant other while visiting WDW? :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Too Many to Choose

Well, to narrow it down to one...

Victoria and Alberts for that special dinner,

Fireworks than relaxing in the park until the "Goodnight Kiss" (park kiss that is)

Slow boad rides

Many of the dinners, particularly Epcot and Resorts

Letting CM's know of a special day and let them help make a fuss.

I could go on and on...:kiss:

WDW1971

Re: OOP's

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger
Boats, boats, I mean boats.

But the boad rides are in the Mexico pavilion, AKA the tunnel of love.

LOL

I need to tell my wife that's what supposed to happen on that ride, then...:rolleyes:

phlydude

How many can say that they brought back an unexpected very expensive souvenier while on vacation?

"His name is Joey but mom calls him a little souvenier..." - Disney Cruiseline Commercial

barnebd5

I hope to have many of those moments there soon....I'll be moving down to Kissimme next week and hopefully getting a job at WDW, so all you single ladies 18yo bachelor coming through.....lol man I feel like a jerk right now.

diddy_mouse

i'd have to say walking through DTD at night, then taking the boat ride back to POFQ.... :kiss: also being near Cinderella Castle at night...so pretty and romantic

Erika

John puts me on his shoulders so I can see the parade :lol:

(we don't get there ahead of time and end up in the way back, nobody behind us)

Maybe not romantic in the traditional sense, but hey, he's pretty darn thoughtful. That can't be comfortable in 90+ degree humid weather.

pat in the hat

I think just being in the parks in the (late) evening has a romantic air to it. By the way, I believe that it was Virginia's department of tourism that made the phrase popular with their widely promoted "Virginia is for Lovers" campaign in the 70's (if my memory serves me correctly!).:)

Vernonpush

Sadly, my most romantic thing to do is gone. We went on our 10th anniversary to the Magic Kingdom. After the Spectromagic parade passed us in Liberty Square I said "let's get on the Skyway to Tomorrowland" we got in line, we waited, and we waited. My partner said " we'll miss the fireworks", I said "No we won't". We finally boarded the gondola and got 6 feet from the Fantasyland station when the ride stopped, the music started and we began the slow ride, up in the air, watching Fantasy in the Sky as we made our way to Tomorrowland. I miss that ride.

thimblekisses

Hey we bought those shirts last weekend! We had seen them a couple of years ago and said "oh we'll get those next time" but then they were gone! Well they resurfaced in the Character Premier outlet store for $7.99 and we were thrilled! So we snatched up a couple. They're sooo nice and soft and delightfully retro. Look for them in an upcoming photo post!

DiPSU224

Original Poster
I started this thread last year after one of our trips, and then we got engaged on our next trip during Wishes! Our new favorite romantic thing to do is watch the fireworks from our exact engagement spot. :) My avatar is us at the spot where he proposed.
I still have my "WDW is for Lovers" T-shirt but they only had large sizes when I bought it so it's nice and comfy to wear to bed.

disneyhope

All right, I've decided I want this shirt SO SO BAD. I'm going to WDW in June for my honeymoon, and it'd be way cute to have these! Is there anywhere I can get this shirt without actually going to the parks? I'm scouring the ebay...

It'd be AWESOME if someone could post pictures!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom