WDW in October

For the last 4 years, we've gone to WDW in June (the week of Father's Day). Due to a conflict, we are going in October this year (Oct 14-21). Do you think this is a good time to go? (crowds, weather, park hours,etc?) Also, what can you tell me about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Is it worth going to? My kids are 11 and 5 years old. Thanks for any info you can give me. I am new to this forum board and I love it. GREAT FORUM!!!:D

DisneyFreak

My wife and I have been there a couple times in October and it's close to being perfect!! The weather is great (not real hot and not as much rain as in JUne). The parks aren't open as long but the crowds are smaller so you still get to do a lot. What I like about the parks closing earlier is that you get to experience more of the "World" in the evening and have to worry about hitting everything in the park till late at night. Sorry, I don't know anything about the Halloween party though.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
It should be wonderful; still warm enough for swimming & water parks, but not oppressively hot, as it can be even in early June. The crowds will probably be better, too. The FL schools will be in session.(next year, our county schools get out in May!)

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I feel alot better about missing our usual June date at the "World". Now I'm looking forward to October. But does anybody know anything about the Halloween Party?

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by marciahahn
It should be wonderful; still warm enough for swimming & water parks, but not oppressively hot, as it can be even in early June. The crowds will probably be better, too. The FL schools will be in session.(next year, our county schools get out in May!)

yeah the lines should be real slim and you should have the time of ur life.

Upvote 0

Smee

Until we had kids, October was our favorite month to go and it was always great. The weather is perfect, warm enough to swim but not hot and humid. Crowds are low and lines were short.

I don't recall Disney making a big deal over Halloween back then but there is some kind of party now. Universal on the other hand makes a very big deal over Halloween with "Halloween Horror Nights". As the Disney parks close earlier we used to head over to US for one evening. Very good haunted houses and scarry street characters. You may want to check into tickets in advance as they are limited and known to sell out for some nights.

I've been to WDW in all seasons, October was clearly the best.

Upvote 0

Sire_Bobbie

We went in Oct last year and the weather was perfect, didn't see rain for the 2 weeks that we were there. Queueing wasn't too bad. Definately a good time to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom