WDW in a dress

RScottyL

Seeing the thread relating to glasses at WDW got me thinking...
As a female, dresses/skirts are often comfier (and can look better) than shorts during hot weather. Additionally, I'm thinking of bounding as Anna (I have the perfect blue skirt!).

I understand that given the number of rides that go upside down (and in the open + inverted coaster like Dragon Challenge), wearing a dress would be a very bad idea.
But is it feasible to wear a dress or skirt at the parks, while still being able to go on the rides without any fear of flashing anyone?

You should be okay, but definitely assume the dress will come up either on rides, or possibly because of wind!

Make sure you wear shorts underneath!

KLeigh

I prefer wearing skirts or dresses in the parks - so much more comfortable on warm days.

I wear the Nike Dri shorts underneath - they're very fitted, light weight, have a short inseam, and they're moisture wicking to keep you cool and comfortable. No chance of flashing CMs with these underneath! (Sometimes it's hard to be completely ladylike getting in and out of ride vehicles..)

Worried about chafing? Body Glide is a lifesaver. :)

Weather_Lady

You'll see women all over WDW in dresses and skirts -- running skirts, sundresses, maxi dresses, flowy skirts, Athleta-type dresses, etc. So long as you're pairing your dress or skirt with appropriate footwear, you should be cool and comfy.

As for the rides that go upside down, the combination of the restraint system and centrifugal force should protect you from all but the most aberrant "wardrobe malfunctions." Still, as others have suggested, a pair of volleyball shorts or other short, close-fitting briefs should keep you covered if you're nervous about a sudden wind or a blast of air from a subway vent, a la Marilyn Monroe. :)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'd like to wear more dresses in WDW (with shorts and BodyGlide to keep chafing away) but my hold up always seems to be shoes. I clock a good 10-15 miles a day in the parks and flip flops are not an option. I have 3 pairs of sneakers that I have deemed WDW worthy. None of them look right with a dress at all. :(

JillC LI

I thought I was the only one who sometimes wore bike shorts under dresses (on the rare occasion I wear a dress) for comfort. It's nice to see I'm in so much good company.

I wear the Nike Dri shorts underneath - they're very fitted, light weight, have a short inseam, and they're moisture wicking to keep you cool and comfortable.

I wear the same brand!

Philharmagically

Original Poster
I'd like to wear more dresses in WDW (with shorts and BodyGlide to keep chafing away) but my hold up always seems to be shoes. I clock a good 10-15 miles a day in the parks and flip flops are not an option. I have 3 pairs of sneakers that I have deemed WDW worthy. None of them look right with a dress at all. :(
I have a few pairs of sandals that I could wear comfortably. Plus, I'll be wearing boots for my Anna Disneybound

mergatroid

As a female, dresses/skirts are often comfier (and can look better) than shorts during hot weather. Additionally, I'm thinking of bounding as Anna (I have the perfect blue skirt!).

I understand that given the number of rides that go upside down (and in the open + inverted coaster like Dragon Challenge), wearing a dress would be a very bad idea.
But is it feasible to wear a dress or skirt at the parks, while still being able to go on the rides without any fear of flashing anyone?

Don't worry about things like that, we guys don't mind ;)

DManRightHere

Would there be any problems with the ride restraints (e.g. strap between the legs)? I can't remember there being any last time, but that was 5 years ago and things might have changed since then.

Wife wears them all the time (mini skirts too). She usually wears booty shorts under them. No rides are physically restricting, just rides like splash or space mtn as so low to the ground it may cause a "flash". Lol.

Additionally, you would not be the only one in the park in a skirt or dress. It's very common.

Aurora1

Definitely! I only wear dresses/skirts at the park and have never had a problem!

I_heart_Tigger

I only wear skirts and dresses at Disney. I wear biking shorts underneath and don't care a bit about ride restraints or the occasional wind gust. They are super comfy and cool for hot weather. The biking shorts also prevent chafing which is a concern in the heat or for anyone who does not have "thigh gap". If it's chillier I have ankle length leggings that I bring with me.

If you are worried about what may be seen by guests, cms and on ride photos - any ride with a photo tends to have restraints that hold down your skirt or at least doesn't show anything. The shorts - again - help with modesty issues so you don't have to feel uncomfortable entering and exiting a ride vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom