WDW hosting largest LGBTQ+ conference in the world in September 2023 šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ šŸ³ļøā€āš§ļø

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

The only proper response is what I already posted. Welcome them to Florida and encourage them to spend lots of money. It's a "Tourism Oversight Board" after all.
Hey, I just asked the question. Several posters were anxious to point out that Florida could stop the conference and I simply asked how.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas Disney Fan

The fact that certain news outlets are explicitly framing this as a challenge to the government is both unfortunate and a sign that further developments are likely.

I think you nailed it, a quick Google search shows this events previously been held at WDW in 2002, 2009, and 2016ā€¦ this was likely scheduled years ago and has nothing to do with making a political statement, itā€™s just business as usual for Disney and the Summit but the way itā€™s being portrayed by journalists will likely cause backlash neither Disney nor the Out and Equal summit need.

Drdcm

I think you nailed it, a quick Google search shows this events previously been held at WDW in 2002, 2009, and 2016ā€¦ this was likely scheduled years ago and has nothing to do with making a political statement, itā€™s just business as usual for Disney but the way itā€™s being portrayed by journalists will likely cause backlash neither Disney or the Out and Equal summit need.
Exactly, Iā€™ll eat my socks if Iā€™m wrong, but I think there is no way this is going to be a big deal. Frankly, I think itā€™s weird this is being framed as a challenge and a ā€œwinā€ for Disney. I meanā€¦ theyā€™re getting paid to host this conference

EPCOT-O.G.

I am very well aware of that. I was looking for examples of what they might try to pull in this instance. Pull Disneyā€™s liquor license? Impose a curfew? Try to shut down the hotel? All absurd ideas, but I am wondering what they could actually try to pull here.
Has the county or state prospectively pulled liquor licenses from venues or preemptively shut down hotels for yet-to-occur shows?

EPCOT-O.G.

No but they have pulled several liquor licenses in recent weeks due to events that have already taken place.
You speculated they would try and shut down the hotel or yank liquor licenses prospectively. Those other events had children in attendance.

How many minors are expected to attend these workplace breakout sessions on advancing LGBTQ+ and DEI type initiatives in the workplace?

Lilofan

Has the county or state prospectively pulled liquor licenses from venues or preemptively shut down hotels for yet-to-occur shows?
I read DeSantis team pulled the liquor license at Hyatt Recency Miami when a show recently was to take place with minors accompanied by adults to the event.

EPCOT-O.G.

Even the RCID Boogeyman is nonplussed about this.

92F025C4-D5D6-4641-A5D1-DAF1F4A74419.jpeg

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If I wasn't enjoying a summer of concerts by gay icons (Shania, P!nk, and Madonna), I'd be down here for this in a heartbeat. But my budget just won't allow it....even if they offered an all-inclusive bottomless mimosa bar at the end of the conference meetings each day. :cool:

monothingie

ā¤ļøBob4Evaā¤ļø
Premium Member
Exactly, Iā€™ll eat my socks if Iā€™m wrong, but I think there is no way this is going to be a big deal. Frankly, I think itā€™s weird this is being framed as a challenge and a ā€œwinā€ for Disney. I meanā€¦ theyā€™re getting paid to host this conference
Iā€™m sure the State of Florida appreciates all the tax revenue that this convention and related spending will send to the state coffers.

I mean this is basically a routine convention for HR people which is being misconstrued as some sort of historical event by people with an agendaā€¦and judging from the reaction it seems to be effective.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

You speculated they would try and shut down the hotel or yank liquor licenses prospectively. Those other events had children in attendance.

How many minors are expected to attend these workplace breakout sessions on advancing LGBTQ+ and DEI type initiatives in the workplace?
I didnā€™t speculate anything. I asked a question. Donā€™t get it twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom