WDW hosting largest LGBTQ+ conference in the world in September 2023 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drdcm

Especially since usually over 150,000 attend red shirt days the first weekend in June.
It's mainly for corporate, GOs, and NGOs to promote LGBT+ workplace equality and diversity. It's not a convention for all LGBT+ people.

One's Q-card isn't enough to attend. That's for our regular monthly meetings.
5000 for a DEI business conference is pretty big
Yeah that makes sense now. I was probably comparing it (inappropriately) to some of the professional conferences I go to every year. Thanks for the clarification!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really? Hope not, it’s been 10 years since our last visit and probably our last after the money it’s costing! 😂🤞🤞
At most there might be some slightly elevated crowds weekend before/after, or after business hours. But I don't think anything worse than the local AP after work/day off rush.

dave&di

As someone previously stated, at present, it is only expected to be about 5,000 people, and it is a conference, meaning that people will be busy in multiple conferences, etc. - so this is really no big deal as far as a crowd impact, I would think.
That’s reassuring!

dave&di

At most there might be some slightly elevated crowds weekend before/after, or after business hours. But I don't think anything worse than the local AP after work/day off rush.
It is what it is I guess! We‘ll still make the most of it. 🤞

Goofnut1980

I attended the conference that was held in Las Vegas this past fall. And it was truly an incredible experience. And because my boss knows how much I am a Disney connoisseur I told him that I would be going this year as well because I already have the annual passes for the parks. But it was a really cool learning experience being able to attend this because I’m a global chairperson for the LGBT+ network at my company.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Say it two more times - I dare ya!
tim burton way GIF

Casper Gutman

They can cry all they want, nothing they can do about it. Honestly love that Disney is getting a win here by showing the haters can't stop them.
There are things they can do, both legal and… questionably legal, to apply a lot of pressure on Disney. The fact that certain news outlets are explicitly framing this as a challenge to the government is both unfortunate and a sign that further developments are likely.

BuddyThomas

I was looking for examples of what they might try to pull in this instance. Pull Disney’s liquor license? Impose a curfew? Try to shut down the hotel? All absurd ideas, but I am wondering what they could actually try to pull here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom