WDW Haunted Mansion Cameras!

the_snow_prince

Just a thought, but Haunted Mansion doesn't seem to be the type of attraction that needs a photo taken on it. Most of those that have them are thrill rides such as Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, or Dinosaur which the photos always come of with the people screeming and looking to rediculous that you're forced to buy the picture. Haunted Mansion however, would just capture you going chuckling or looking a little suprised at the effect. Most people will buy the photo of them with the "I'm going to die" expression on Rockin' Roller Coaster that the "Oooh.. a ghost" on Haunted Mansion.

Gracy_hm

I can tell you

I know a mechanic? or some guy that works on the robts in the Haunted Mansion and he said that they are installing the cameras as I write this!
;)

MKingdom25

Originally posted by stingrock23
I do think the flashes would ruin the ride. I know it's a very cool effect, but i don't think they should do it because of that and the potential problems of a line waiting to pick up pictures. It's a great idea, but there may be drawbacks to it. By the way, where did this rumor come from?

A comment on the line for pictures and ruining the atmosphere by doing that. I think it they put the picture area away from the ride or even put it somewhere up on Main Street, it could work out.

Also I think Disney has the money and the technology to do anything related to this in a classy way. Guess we will wait and see!

Mr.Nutz

Originally posted by MKingdom25
I think it they put the picture area away from the ride or even put it somewhere up on Main Street, it could work out.

That is impractical in so many ways, I can't even describe it. I can't see people walking that far to look at the photo... Plus that would ruin Main Street - a booth for HM photos. People are more likely to buy a photo if they see it straight away when they come off the ride, and Disney want high sales. Therefore, if they ARE going to sell HM ride photos, the sales booth is more than likely to be placed close to the exit, somewhere along the exit queue line.

Also, those photos are changing every few seconds. Think how many Doom Buggies there are - a CONSTANT stream. It isn't like Splash Mountain or a rollercoaster where a car comes along every once in a while. Those photos will need to refresh CONSTANTLY. You're going to have to be quick if you want to see yours, or they'll need a hell of a lot of viewing screens.

no2apprentice

Mmmmmm...digital cameras capable of capturing a moving target in very low light conditions without strobe or ALS...

I don't follow the latest high-end high-tech camera market, but I'd love to see a system capable of these images.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Mmmmmm...digital cameras capable of capturing a moving target in very low light conditions without strobe or ALS...

I don't follow the latest high-end high-tech camera market, but I'd love to see a system capable of these images.

It's certainly possible. I have a digital camera that can do just that, and it wasn't all that expensive. (well, a little expensive, depends on what you call expensive for a digital camera.)

I have many photos of the insides of dark rides at WDW, and they all turned out quite well.

WDWManic

Originally posted by Main Street USA

It's certainly possible. I have a digital camera that can do just that, and it wasn't all that expensive. (well, a little expensive, depends on what you call expensive for a digital camera.)

I have many photos of the insides of dark rides at WDW, and they all turned out quite well.
I have one too, its a expesive sony.

bearboysnc

Maybe it'll be like those pictures where, they take your picture and insert other images. Like on the current ride photos where they insert characters in place of people not in your party.

They can snap your picture during a lightning flash, and later add the hitchiker of your choice.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I am your host. Your Ghost Host!

To answer a few of your questions, I got this information from a special "ghost host" that I know. The picture view area ( where you look at the TV monitors and buy the pictures) is going to be located outside of the gates to the Haunted Mansion. You know the area. It's where they now have that cart that sells "junk" (well...most of it is junk). That's the plan now although in the spirit world things can change rapidly (especially if you have had a lot of the spirits). Also, think, think ,think (as Pooh would say) about how they are going to take your picture. They will use a flash, but a flash of what?

Justin

Haunted Mansion ORP?

Hey! That would be pretty neat.... But i thought they would only do those on thrill rides, They would have to have an offal lot of flashes and where would they do that? :hammer: :veryconfu

What would the On Ride Photos say?
"I survived the Haunted Mansion?"

I dont believe this at some points but it would be kinda neat, Now watch us have to pay 12$-15$ for a ORP that we dont even need,cause its not that hard to survive. haha.:hammer:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlin

Account Suspended
I don't think it would be worth the trouble of trying to get a decent photo of the ghosts in the mirrors. I agree with an earlier post that suggested they will probably just superimpose the ghosts onto a photo of the guests. It would be considerably easier. That way they could have all three of the hitchhiking ghosts. I think the best time to take the picture would be when the doom buggy first leaves the mansion and goes "outside" into the graveyard. The reason is because the doom buggy tips back. So they could place something kind of startling there which would cause a surprised expression (keep in mind the vast majority of guests haven't been on the ride a million times like we all have) on the guests faces. Then they could snap the photo and the flash could be a simulation of lightning. The background would already be pretty dark so they could very easily place the photo of you in the doom buggy into any setting (i.e. surrounded by hitchhiking ghosts, gliding in front of the caretaker and his dog, etc).

The challenge would be how to let guests know which picture is their's because, as someone else pointed out, the doom buggys are moving in a constant stream. I think that maybe they could have something just before you get off the ride where it shows you your photo's number as you go past. Then when you get to the photo shop, you could just ask the Cast Member to pull up that number.

Then again, maybe I'm putting way too much thought into this!

Justin

No it wouldn't be the best idea to get a ORP area in Haunted Mansion, They just do it to make money while paying money to buy the system and very little people would buy if this happened.... :rolleyes:

I mean who's going to go to Disney ride Haunted Mansion and get a picture of themselves on it.. Its not a onridephoto type of ride.

Disney would be bad to put the Onride photo system in there. It would be pretty hard too, Considering that the cars u ride in dont ever stop moving with the other ones and they would be flashing continuisly, Easy way for the ride too break down....

Hmmmm guess when i go back to Disney i can buy me a haunted Mansion souvenier, Especially a photo to prove i rode it :hammer:

WDWManic

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Just a thought...

If they do happen to take your picture... they'd need a flash, because it's pretty dark in there. And the flash would not only disrupt the ride, but ruin the effect. Any thoughts on this?
Yea this is true, but they will find a way, were talking about Disney!

JonnyK

Wow, Thats Really Awsome!

I Guess Ill have to ride it next year - Perhaps I wont be here during this Fall.

Im outta here July 6th ;)

AliciaLuvzDizne

I guess if they were installing them (according to Gracy) on or around july 3rd... I guess I can let you all know when i get back from my trip down there at the end of the month? and i'll remember prices too!

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz

That is impractical in so many ways, I can't even describe it. I can't see people walking that far to look at the photo... Plus that would ruin Main Street - a booth for HM photos. People are more likely to buy a photo if they see it straight away when they come off the ride, and Disney want high sales. Therefore, if they ARE going to sell HM ride photos, the sales booth is more than likely to be placed close to the exit, somewhere along the exit queue line.

I agree with you that it is impractical but I was thinking it could be done away from the ride, strictly for purposes of not losing the atmosphere. But you are right, they would want it close to make more money. Overall, I think I would rather just keep the ride as is w/out photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom