WDW Haunted Mansion Cameras!

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Madame Leota's Cart is not in Danger!

Here's the latest scoop on the Haunted Mansion Photo Op. First of all, this is not going to be anything like the current photo op. rides such as Splash Mountain. As I understand the setup, there will be no kiosk with video monitors at which to buy your photo. It is only going to work for WDW resort guests. Local day visitors are out of luck right now. As a resort guest, you will be given some sort of device (a pin maybe?) that you will wear (or carry) with you. Sensors in all of WDW will "track" you throughout the various parks. Great advantage for WDW but nothing for you....yet. When you are on the Haunted Mansion a sensor will "recognize" you and take your picture with your Hitchhiking Ghost. Also, I am told that no flash will be used so no one (except the Ghosts) will know. Here comes the really cool part. When you retire to your Disney resort room for the night, you will be able to see your picture on the TV in your room! If you desire to order a glossy 8x10 then you just hit a button on your room phone and your picture will be created. Don't know the cost.

Anyway this is just the start of the "Destination Disney" program. If WDW gets a good response from resort guests, they will expand the system, but it's all very experimental right now. Time will tell. As for my source(s), my Mom and Dad are dead. See this link for more information about "Destination Disney":

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=593

Worldphile

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Just a thought...

If they do happen to take your picture... they'd need a flash, because it's pretty dark in there. And the flash would not only disrupt the ride, but ruin the effect. Any thoughts on this?

This would only be true if they used film or cameras that relied on light in the visible spectrum. They could use a camera based on infrared technology. (Anyone know if Infrared digital cameras exist?)

Many Black and White photo enthusiasts also sometimes shoot with infrared film. The photos end up having a black and white look, but with a "dreamy" quality.

This link explains how IR photography works:

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-infrared-basics.html

And this link is a page of some guy's infrared photos I found through Google:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/thumnail.htm

The slightly unusual effect of the resulting photos would fit quite nicely with the Haunted Mansion theme, IMHO.

DanStat

Re: Madame Leota's Cart is not in Danger!

Originally posted by Talsonic
Here's the latest scoop on the Haunted Mansion Photo Op. First of all, this is not going to be anything like the current photo op. rides such as Splash Mountain. As I understand the setup, there will be no kiosk with video monitors at which to buy your photo. It is only going to work for WDW resort guests. Local day visitors are out of luck right now. As a resort guest, you will be given some sort of device (a pin maybe?) that you will wear (or carry) with you. Sensors in all of WDW will "track" you throughout the various parks. Great advantage for WDW but nothing for you....yet. When you are on the Haunted Mansion a sensor will "recognize" you and take your picture with your Hitchhiking Ghost. Also, I am told that no flash will be used so no one (except the Ghosts) will know. Here comes the really cool part. When you retire to your Disney resort room for the night, you will be able to see your picture on the TV in your room! If you desire to order a glossy 8x10 then you just hit a button on your room phone and your picture will be created. Don't know the cost.

Anyway this is just the start of the "Destination Disney" program. If WDW gets a good response from resort guests, they will expand the system, but it's all very experimental right now. Time will tell. As for my source(s), my Mom and Dad are dead. See this link for more information about "Destination Disney": www.themeparkinsider.com/...cfm?ID=593

Wow! That is really cool! How are they going to make everyone wear those pins though?

Goofster

I'm sure everyone wouldn't be FORCED to wear or carry a pin. I mean, if people don't want the benefits, im sure disney won't hate them and make sure they have the pin. I'd bet after a day with people who do wear the pins, they'd decide it actually would be cooler to wear/carry the pin.

Jekyll

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Okay, now we have two different explanations.

Sorry, Talsonic, but Skipper Timekpr's gets my vote for being the most logical. Plus, a magic shop in the Smucker's store would be such a better use of that space (if it happens).:)

Jekyll

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Okay, now we have two different explanations.

Sorry, Talsonic, but Skipper Timekpr's gets my vote for being the most logical. Plus, a magic shop in the Smucker's store would be such a better use of that space (if it happens).:)

Yeah, like the magic shop they had on mainstreet when I was a kid it was my favorite shop...I was sad when it wasn't there anymore.!

:eek: :eek:

Skipper Timekpr

The funny thing is they have not told any of us operations CM's in ADV/LIB this nor out management or our GSM in charge of the HM. In addition, there have been no changes to the hitchiking ghost scene or the actual maintinance room in which the ghosts are so it must really really be behind closed doors. It's really funny becuse even our day maintinace knows nothing of it so we're really out of the loop, but then again why would they tells us anything just because we work the attraction.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Original Poster
New Link!

The previous link I gave for "Destination Disney" does not work! I edited the link in the orignial message so it will now work.

Technology changes every second it seems!

jmarc63

Re: I can tell you

Originally posted by Gracy_hm
I know a mechanic? or some guy that works on the robts in the Haunted Mansion and he said that they are installing the cameras as I write this!
;)

There not robots they are called Audioanamatronics big diference

jmarc63

Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
Sorry to burst your bubbles but they are not installing any cameras, we've had this problem before. They've been installing IR display readers for guests with disabilities through the ride and even CM's have mistaken these for cameras. However, our management has told us that they are going to put in a magic shop in where the Smuckers Jam store is. Installing an on-ride photo system would be suicide there is to much to intefere we stop the ride for so many reasons, we run intrustions, and ride slows. With 160 buggies moving at 2 ft/sec and 20 buggies going by a min. with an average of 2 people in each buggy there is no way they can get that many pictures, plus we would have a backup if the placed it near our exit area which is where we send wheelchairs.

Well I would go with you skipper timekeeper. Talsonics track record of rumors is comming out of Fantasyland, I wont belive him anymore after this one. I also was told the same thing when I asked about disabilities and the rides at CRO

jmarc63

Re: Chef Mayhem says:

Thanks for your continued support of DoomBuggies.com. I'm pleased to announce
that the new DoomBuggies.com Collectibles Crypt is now open, with lots of
DoomBuggies.com souvenirs for your shopping pleasure. But first, a little
Haunted Mansion-related news:

* Both Disneyland and Walt Disney World will be hosting Haunted Mansion-themed
special events this fall. Disneyland will host its second "Haunted Mansion
Holiday" special event on October 3, and Walt Disney World will host the
"999 Happy Haunts Ball" on October 30. Both dates promise to be first-class
events with special surprises and exciting merchandise opportunities for
those of you that collect Mansion-related items. See http://www.officialdisneypintrading.com
for more information on both events.

* Walt Disney World is currently installing photo-op cameras in the Haunted
Mansion! Details are still sketchy, but our inside sources have revealed
that the mechanisms are being placed, and the new kiosk may even open by
summers' end. Soon you'll be able to take home a memory of the ghost that
almost "followed you home!" Stay tuned to DoomBuggies.com for more information.

they key words are sketchy and insidesource .

do you belive everything you read if you take other sites rumors as gosple?

the monorail would have been built all round WDW and to the airport and Kissimee. I could post you one that says Didney is being Hush Hush and secreatly expanding the monorail to the aitport so the neighbours wont know.

There would be a fifth and sixth and seventh park by now.

there would be eight new coasters by now.

so dont belive everything you here, couse i dont belive you.

Remember when truman won and the papers said dewy wins, always check your sources

jmarc63

Re: Re: Cameras in the HM

Originally posted by RobFL

Umm.. what number did you call? If you dialed any commonly known toll-free Disney number, you probably got a call center in Tampa, FL. The reps there are nice, but not exactly up on every new rumor or ride rehab.

-Rob

If you call 1 407 wdi-sney you get a cm that are based in an office building on international drive. I happened to ask about that when I called Monday

jmarc63

Re: Madame Leota's Cart is not in Danger!

Anyway this is just the start of the "Destination Disney" program. If WDW gets a good response from resort guests, they will expand the system, but it's all very experimental right now. Time will tell. As for my source(s), my Mom and Dad are dead. See this link for more information about "Destination Disney":

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=593

One problem A guy at my last job came from renton Wa. and the company he worked for worked on Bill gates' house and he has that pin system like they had in minorty report. I heard at the time that they were in the $100 Plus range per unit because there is a microchip with a tiny tranceiver or something like that to regrester by the sensors in the house and track your every movement. So I dont think so . maybe one day but not now. what do you think they would make you leave a deposit for somethinh that you may happen to lose and bam there goes you deposit for your food charges and you CC is maxed out because of it. I dont think so.

castlecake

Re: Re: I can tell you

Originally posted by jmarc63

There not robots they are called Audioanamatronics big diference

Could you please exlain the differeces then. The way I see it is a robot is "taught" to perform different functions same with an AA, for ex it is taught to blink, or open its mouth, or to move its arm. The only difference is I see is that AA have sound. So would you please explain the differences to us?

STGRhost

See this link for information about "Destination Disney": http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=593

One problem A guy at my last job came from renton Wa. and the company he worked for worked on Bill gates' house and he has that pin system like they had in minorty report. I heard at the time that they were in the $100 Plus range per unit because there is a microchip with a tiny tranceiver or something like that to regrester by the sensors in the house and track your every movement. So I dont think so . maybe one day but not now. what do you think they would make you leave a deposit or somethinh that you may happen to lose and bam there goes you deposit for your food charges and you CC is maxed out because of it. I dont think so.

Actually, this article (at the link) is pretty accurate. I was able to attend a few meetings about Destination Disney, and that's pretty much the gist. (the way the plan is NOW, anyway) It's something that's going to be rolled-out in stages, and it will be a few years before it comes completely together, but it IS coming. (sounds a little spooky to me, but I'm sure once the bugs are worked out, people will think it's the best)
And, yes, there will be a deposit. You already leave deposits for other things in WDW (strollers, wheelchairs, and also many of the units for guests with special needs or foreign languages), so this would just be a step up. And, yeah, $100 (or whatever) is a lot of money to pay to replace the unit, but that's what a deposit IS - if you rent/borrow one, you're responsible for it, and if you lose it, you pay for it. I'm sure that if you did lose it, and made sure to tell a CM right away, they would give you back the difference on your food deposit, stop charging priveledges, etc...we do the same thing for room cards ALL the time.

jmarc63

Re: Re: Re: I can tell you

Originally posted by castlecake

Could you please exlain the differeces then. The way I see it is a robot is "taught" to perform different functions same with an AA, for ex it is taught to blink, or open its mouth, or to move its arm. The only difference is I see is that AA have sound. So would you please explain the differences to us?

The way I term it is a robot is a free moving autonomous creation that do the tasks that humans would find unplesant or dangerous.

Audioanamatronics are stationary on a platform and have limited movement such as at the hall of presidents or the american experience and are for entertainment such as the above mentioned

jmarc63

Originally posted by RobFL
In short...

Robots actually do something.

Animatronics are actors and don't really do anything.

-Rob

Basicaly.

they also are designed in different ways usually for the task they are to perform.

I was looking for definiations to post but could not access any for audioanimatronics.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Most modern robots also have AI.

Audioanimaatronics are jsut going over a command list over and over again.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom