WDW Guest Argues Tower of Terror Warnings Misled Him....

majorrfb

Stupidity reins supreme!

I believe this man to be reckless. If he was that concerned about riding a ride I would have inquired before waiting in line for an hour. There is always CM at each entrance to answer questions, and I believe the warning signs are very clear. Not to mention the descriptions of the rides on the park maps.

Another person out trying to make a buck, and ruining it for everyone else.

There will ALWAYS be people and lawyers looking for a quick buck against a major company. Let's blame someone else for our own stupidity and try to
make big money. Ambulance chasing lawyers take some of the blame in this
case. :brick: :hammer:

Clever Name

Not to mention strobe lighting effects combined with gusts of compressed air. It's really all just one big recipe for serious bodily injury or death. :eek:

(sarcasm)

gmo_tower_of_terror_01.jpg

The bottom line to all this is that there is no hazard in riding the ToT. Disney does have a duty to warn if a hazard is present. Plaintiff’s lawyer needed to show some problem, flaw or malfunction in the ride that could reasonably have caused his injury. Disney does not have a duty to warn as long as the ride is considered safe.

In the photo, Disney could be held liable for failing to make sure all guests were properly restrained. :wave:

loveofamouse

Honestly, I can only think of one ride where a lawsuit like this might have a bit to stand on.

We went to US/IOA when Mummy first opened. At that point, NONE of the commercials hinted that it was a coaster. When we got to the park, the maps gave no hint. Now, my dad, brother and I are thrill seekers so this just made it better for us. My mom, though, will try some rides at least once, except coasters. When we got to the ride, they had a seat outside but, as you know, it's just a lap bar so still no clues. My family went in before me. I was running through the queue to catch up when I noticed a sign up by the ceiling in the poorly lit queue that said something about it being a coaster. I said something about it to my mom who quickly left the queue to find my husband and wait for us. lol. Now, in that instance, I could see someone complaining. That tiny warning sign could easily be missed and nothing else hinted to what it was.

This, on the other hand, there are signs, commercials, descriptions in the maps, CMs in several places BEFORE getting to the loading platform nevermind the internet.

loveofamouse

haha! I had that happen to me!

I went in Middle School with my class. This was back when it was a lap bar for the whole row. On the last drop, our bar unlocked. My friends grabbed the people in front of us. I floated up and my foot caught the bar. That's the only time I've been scared crapless lol

Annielkd

Can I just say one thing in defense of this? I personally think they should be a little more clear about what the ride contains. I always carefully read all the rides and descriptions. I KNEW that there would be huge drops. I knew that it would be dark. However, I never knew that you would BOUNCE. I thought it would fall, stop, ride back up, fall again, stop.. and continue. I do not think there is any way this ride would cause a stroke or anything, but the bounce really got me sick. Had I seen a warning about that, I wouldn't have gone on. BUT, I was fine in an hour. I do think that is one ride that doesn't accurately describe what's going to happen. I think they do that because they want to keep the mystery as part of the whole ride. When you walk down and look, you only see people fall, you never see the bounce. Please don't bite my head off for saying this... I just think they should mention bouncing. All other rides are very descriptive. (I knew I would go backwards on Everest, I knew that Rocking Rollercoaster went upside down- didn't go on that one). That's just my two cents.

tdpolo26

now when you enter a ride you are going to have to sign a 5 page contract to make sure that you clearly understand everything that the ride contains

GenerationX

The wonderful thing about towwers
Is towwers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of terrors
Their bottoms are hydraulic springs
They're bouncy, flouncy, trouncy, pouncy
Fully informed fun
The wonderful thing about towwers
Is there isn't only one
There isn't only one

Kobe!!

As a CM who does the trams... if you are doing the spiel coming into the park, they want you to point of the tower of terror...

Having not to type out the whole spiel but at one part we mention ToT and that "it drops you OVER AND OVER AND OVER."

Next time you're on the tram listen for it!

John

Can I just say one thing in defense of this? I personally think they should be a little more clear about what the ride contains. I always carefully read all the rides and descriptions. I KNEW that there would be huge drops. I knew that it would be dark. However, I never knew that you would BOUNCE. I thought it would fall, stop, ride back up, fall again, stop.. and continue. I do not think there is any way this ride would cause a stroke or anything, but the bounce really got me sick. Had I seen a warning about that, I wouldn't have gone on. BUT, I was fine in an hour. I do think that is one ride that doesn't accurately describe what's going to happen. I think they do that because they want to keep the mystery as part of the whole ride. When you walk down and look, you only see people fall, you never see the bounce. Please don't bite my head off for saying this... I just think they should mention bouncing. All other rides are very descriptive. (I knew I would go backwards on Everest, I knew that Rocking Rollercoaster went upside down- didn't go on that one). That's just my two cents.

As I do understand your intentions I wonder where does it end. So what if they told you it "bounced" and you got on and it "bounced" several times.... DO you then say...You didnt tell me it was going to bounce that many times? Silly huh? Yea you told me it was going to drop....but not that far....not that many times. Where does it end? You told me RNR coaster goes upside down...but you didnt tell me it was going to happen two times! You told me I was going to get wet on SPLASH moutian but you didnt tell me my shoes were going to get wet...This all sounds silly right? So does this law suit.

G00fyDad

When you buy a car do they tell you that you may have an accident one day? Do they tell you that you will get butterflies in your stomach if you take a small hill too fast? Nope. Because you'd have to be an idiot to not realize that these are possibilities that come with buying a car. Just like it is a possibility that a thrill ride may "thrill" you. That the thrill ride that goes up and down really fast might not wait a full three seconds before dropping you again. That the thrill ride might not let you catch your breath before dropping you again. Plain and simple, the man is a lazy idiot looking for an easy payday. The larger the $ your company has the larger the target it is.

SulleyanBoo

That is crazy. Disney makes everything clear before you get on any ride. Even the "less thrilling" rides. Some people are just ridiculous (this guy is one of them) I mean they warn you 2 or 3 times and if you are riding mission space, it's about 6 or 7 times lol

Timekeeper

Take Forbidden Journey, for example. It's pretty difficult for the team members to explain exactly what the ride entails regarding the physical experience. It's really something that you have to "see" (or ride) to understand; even the preview videos in the queue are pretty vague. And the 99-percenters often forget about how diverse the rest of the population is.

Let's say that there's a medical condition called "loose shoe." A person with a loose shoe on their foot can ride Hulk and Spider-Man with no problem because there's no danger of the shoe coming off their foot. But that same person shouldn't ride Forbidden Journey or Dragon Challenge, as they would likely lose their shoe. At face value, if someone can ride Spider-Man and Hulk, they ought to be able to ride Forbidden Journey and Dragon Challenge. But if they are suffering from "loose shoe," then that's not the case.

Once we acknowledge the intricate differences between us and guests from around the world, then maybe we can begin to understand that whether someone is "healthy enough for a ride" or not isn't as black and white as we'd like to assume.

Tigger#1

The parents of a friend of mine visited the Mall of America several years ago and thought the coaster was just a transport to take you to the other end of the mall. Boy did they get a surprise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom