WDW Good idea/Bad idea

jcarriv

Good Idea: Building new attractions (EE, Motor Stunt show, etc.)
Bad Idea: Allowing defunct attractions to decompose (20,000 leagues for how long? don't let it happen to WOL!!!)

Kwit35

Good Idea: Disney World
Bad Idea: Building it so far away from so many of us.

Good Idea: Building Horizons, WOM, JII Version 1
Bad Idea: Destroying Horizons, WOM, JII Version 1

waltdisny

Good Idea: buikding a show building for Japan
Bad idea: never using it.

Good Idea:Building Maelstrom
Bad Idea: Making the boat go so fast you can't see any details.

Good Idea: Building AK
Bad Idea: Opening with so few attractions that crowds pack in like sardines.

Bad Idea: Making the walkways so narrow and twisted you can't move when it's busy.

Good Idea: Building a Pooh ride.
Bad Idea: wrecking a popular Mr. Toad to do it.

Good Idea: Building the MM Revue
Bad Idea: Sending it to Tokyo to save $$.

Good idea: building an unique urban environment with clean and efficent public transportation systems.
Bad Idea: bringing in dirty diesel-powered busses instead and making the park entrances look like an urban bus terminal anywhere.

Kwit35 said:
Good Idea: Disney World
Bad Idea: Building it so far away from so many of us.

Good Idea: Building Horizons, WOM, JII Version 1
Bad Idea: Destroying Horizons, WOM, JII Version 1
Exactly, Thank you.:)

diddy_mouse

good idea: having nice open air places to eat at AK

bad idea: having nice open air places to eat at AK in the FL sun and where birds can attack you

Number_6

WDWScottieBoy said:
:lol: :sohappy: :lol:

BRAVO! Number_6 you hit that one right on the dot. I actually kind of hope they come back next year just so we can get something planned around them. Maybe plan a meet for then and play with their minds some. :drevil:

I've still got my "WANTED" shirt from Nim... Imagine the fun of running past with it on, and then switching it with another shirt before they can get security... :lol:

bsandersjr

Well, being that I am from and currently reside in Louisiana :

Good Idea : Not building WDW in Louisiana

Bad Idea: Not building WDW in Louisiana

stitchrules223

Good idea: Building a Stitch ride

Bad idea: completely destroying the Enchanted Tiki Room :mad:

Good Idea: the hope to keep advancing EPCOT

Bad idea: completely destroying Journey Into Imagination :fork:

bigfatdonna

Good Idea: The creation of Tapestry of Dreams
Bad Idea: Ending the run of Tapestry of Dreams
( Sorry, I can't help it, guys! I still miss it!!)
:(

cherrynegra

mrtoad said:
Good idea: Building resorts on the property

Bad idea: Building way too many resorts on the property

Mmmm....almost agree with you. I hate that the Value Resorts are those three that are just plain tacky!! I know others like them, but really. Couldn't they have come up with something that didn't make it so obvious that these are the Value Resorts?

Wilt Dasney

Alright, I'm just gonna have some fun with this one.

Good Idea: Offering unlimited free samples of soft drinks from around the world.
Bad Idea: Offering unlimited free samples of schnappes from around the world.

Good Idea: Rehabbing one of the most beloved attractions ever made
Bad Idea: Refusing to rehab the song

Good Idea: Offering authentic Asian cuisine in World Showcase
Bad Idea: Hey, where's Fluffy?

Good Idea: Giving interested guests tours of backstage
Bad Idea: Having the tours include the park's central sewage processor

OK, creativity exhausted...

symbasys

waltdisny said:
Bad Idea: Making the walkways so narrow and twisted you can't move when it's busy.

HELLO. Thank you! Who's idea was that anyway? I complain about that all the time. That said, I think AK is one of the most beautiful parks anywhere.

Good idea: Having lots of good restaurants.

Bad idea: Turning them all into character meals and doubling the price.

mrtoad

cherrynegra said:
Mmmm....almost agree with you. I hate that the Value Resorts are those three that are just plain tacky!! I know others like them, but really. Couldn't they have come up with something that didn't make it so obvious that these are the Value Resorts?

I have to say I hated the All Star Sports. We stayed 2 nights and moved. I don't know about Pop though. My reasoning though for the post was they have added too many rooms on the property. It almost too many people and less exclusive that way. I don't mind having a cheaper resort with less fancy stuff, I just think there are too many rooms. Also though I do think they do look cheaper. I don't know why they can't have cheaper versions of places like POR or even themes like the Poly but just have smaller rooms and less restaurants on them.

MKCP 1985

Funny thing about the resorts - In a Wall Street Journal article published regarding the opening of the Disney-MGM Studios, the story commented that the company was expanding into on-site value motels, and the resort that was preparing to open. Any guesses as to which one? You may be surprised.

. . .

Carribbean Beach Resort! It opened before any All-Stars resorts and was originally billed as a value resort, not a "moderate." Now imagine if the Walt Disney Company had priced rooms at Carribbean Beach the way they price rooms at All-Stars and Pop, and further imagine if the company had refused to build any resorts with less theming and amenities than Carribbean Beach. Wow!

Oh, Good idea: expanding park content for 'tweens and teens by adding such attractions as Tower of Terror, Dinosaur, RocknRoller Coaster, Test Track, Mission: Space and Expedition Everest. . .

Bad idea: giving up all the unique shops and the theater on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom for more generic merchandise and pins.

BG Rugger

Good Idea: Kerry - Edwards
Bad Idea: Bush - Cheney
:lol:

Sorry, but seriously.
Good Idea: Cokes from around the world at Ice Station Cool
Bad Idea: Beverly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom