WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

c.j.hong

Hollywood Studios
Rosie's All-American Cafe

Fresh Angus Onion Straw Cheddar Cheeseburger

splashingatkali

Narcoossees - Barbecue-grilled Shrimp and Grits, Butter-poached Twin Maine Lobster Tails, Surf & Turf, Narcoossee's Candy Bar, Coconut and Chocolate Crème Brûlée
This was our last signature restaurant for our 45th anniversary trip. It is hard to pick a "best" for this trip since all but one we would consider excellent, but this meal at Narcoossee's was the best for the week.

DisAl, everything you posted looks amazing. Especially this meal!

DisAl

So glad to see your pictures and hear that the food at Narcoossees was as we remembered it. We are planning my retirement from 40 years of teaching (a 2 week stay) and my DH requested 3 dinners here. Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing!
Congratulations on your retirement!
I have been retired 6 years now. When people ask me how I like retirement, I tell them that it was pretty good at first, but since then it has been getting better every day!
We had a lot of great meals. We did the deluxe plan and did a signature every day. In our opinion Narcoossee's was #1, with Flying Fish a VERY close #2. Of the ones we did we would put Le Cellier at the bottom due to very slow service and the overcrowded dining room.

sdemore

Thanks, DisAl. DH has also been retired for six years. The good man he is he has gotten up every day at 5:30 since his retirement to cook me breakfast before school. At first I thought what a wonderful man I married, then after thinking about it I realized he was just afraid I would retire early and was just encouraging me to get up and go to work each day. LOL We are also on the Delux Dining Plan and will be making ADRs and have included Flying Fish and Le Cellier ( I may have to rethink that one). Did you happen to do Monsieur Paul? We have never been there but the menu at Chefs de France looks better and we are undecided about which to choose. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

DisAl

Thanks, DisAl. DH has also been retired for six years. The good man he is he has gotten up every day at 5:30 since his retirement to cook me breakfast before school. At first I thought what a wonderful man I married, then after thinking about it I realized he was just afraid I would retire early and was just encouraging me to get up and go to work each day. LOL We are also on the Delux Dining Plan and will be making ADRs and have included Flying Fish and Le Cellier ( I may have to rethink that one). Did you happen to do Monsieur Paul? We have never been there but the menu at Chefs de France looks better and we are undecided about which to choose. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Like you we looked over the menu for every restaurant we were considering. We had not been to either Monsieur Paul or Flying Fish before but chose Flying Fish just based on the menu and what we like. If you like chocolate, the Cocoa Breach at Flying Fish is in my opinion one of the best deserts I have ever had.
The signature restaurants we did were Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, California Grill, Flying Fish, and Narcoossee's. Our top three for this trip were Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, and California Grill.
The "regular" restaurants for this trip were Crystal Palace (breakfast), Tusker House, Corral Reef, Prime Time 50's, Tony's Town Square, Tepan Edo, The Wave (at the Contemporary), and Biergarten. OF those I would choose The Wave as the best meal among the regular restaurants. While the decor at The Wave is kind of bland we thought the steak there was even better than Le Cellier. Yes, LC was very good, it's just that we thought others were better and the dining room at LC is always so crowded.
And BLESS YOU for teaching for 40 years. Both my daughters and my son-in-law are teachers, and my father was a teacher. I am the black sheep of the family; I am an engineer. Just a wild guess but it sounds like you DH may be an engineer too the way he managed to keep you working. ;)

sdemore

Like you we looked over the menu for every restaurant we were considering. We had not been to either Monsieur Paul or Flying Fish before but chose Flying Fish just based on the menu and what we like. If you like chocolate, the Cocoa Breach at Flying Fish is in my opinion one of the best deserts I have ever had.
The signature restaurants we did were Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, California Grill, Flying Fish, and Narcoossee's. Our top three for this trip were Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, and California Grill.
The "regular" restaurants for this trip were Crystal Palace (breakfast), Tusker House, Corral Reef, Prime Time 50's, Tony's Town Square, Tepan Edo, The Wave (at the Contemporary), and Biergarten. OF those I would choose The Wave as the best meal among the regular restaurants. While the decor at The Wave is kind of bland we thought the steak there was even better than Le Cellier. Yes, LC was very good, it's just that we thought others were better and the dining room at LC is always so crowded.
And BLESS YOU for teaching for 40 years. Both my daughters and my son-in-law are teachers, and my father was a teacher. I am the black sheep of the family; I am an engineer. Just a wild guess but it sounds like you DH may be an engineer too the way he managed to keep you working. ;)
Thank you DisAl, I never considered The Wave, I will have to check it out. I am a little nervous about retirement and have already put my name on the substitute list at my present school. But I am sure I will find ways to fill my days with all the things I keep putting off because there is not enough time. As for teaching I must admit I have gotten a lot more from my student than I have given. I have LOVED (Yes, I am shouting) going to work every day of my 40 years. I have taught every grade from 2nd to 8th. Each has given me their own special gifts, yes, even the jr. high, which can be a challenge! I have always encouraged my students to look carefully at what it is that they love to do and seek a profession that taps into that love because they will be doing it for most of their lives. So I am a wee bit nervous leaving it, and it is I who have been incredibly blessed. Thanks for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom