WDW: FLA residents $25 a day!

sknydave

Does anyone know, do you have to show proof of residency at the gate when you redeem the ticket, or do you only have to show it when you purchase the ticket? A friend of mine will be moving down shortly to live with another mutual friend-- the friend already down there wanted to get her a ticket as a surprise welcome gift, but wasn't sure if the recipient friend would have to have her Florida ID set up in order to use the ticket or not...?

You have to show the ID to get the tickets from the ticket window

MissM

Does anyone know, do you have to show proof of residency at the gate when you redeem the ticket, or do you only have to show it when you purchase the ticket? A friend of mine will be moving down shortly to live with another mutual friend-- the friend already down there wanted to get her a ticket as a surprise welcome gift, but wasn't sure if the recipient friend would have to have her Florida ID set up in order to use the ticket or not...?
If you buy it online you get a voucher. That voucher must be turned in at a Ticket Window with a valid FL ID to make it an actual ticket. They also take your biometrics at the window to ensure the ticket is already linked to that individual's finger.

So your friend can buy a voucher online for someone else but to redeem it, it requires the FL ID of the person who will be using it. Every single ticket requires the FL ID of the person it's for be present at that time.

jerseygirl407

They are serious about the FL resident ID - my DD lost her pass so we stopped by the other day to see if we could pick her up a new one (since we paid for it :dazzle: they can look it up by the card we used) - no go she has to go in herself, show them her proof of residency again and do the fingerprint thing right there so they know that she is the one using it. sheesh.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Is there a way to extend the "expiration date" of a pass, like I would want to do?

Or is it too late? :lol:

You can extend the life of a pass indefinitely, for a fee.

But NOT the $99 special ticket. It must be bought by 5/21 and all use must be complete by 5/25.

If I were you, I'd try and find/create some wiggle room in your schedule and get your up to WDW before then ... and then follow the steps I outlined.

But if you can't, you're just out of luck. ... Just another reason to have an AP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom