WDW & E-nights

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
E Ride was a (I recall) about $20 each for resort guests only.

Magic Kingdom only, after hours like EMH evening, but with far less people. It really was like a private party.

EOD K9

Why? I don't see a reason, this is on topic.

What were E-nights, I am too young to remember any other ticketed event besides MNSSHP or MVMCP (or the pop warner party).

E Ride nights were a hard ticketed event. Some QS and certain stores were open as well. The MK was open for about three hours after park close. You'd buy your ticket and get a bracelet. There were only about four to five thousand tickets sold. It kept the crowds to a minimum and allowed you to ride certain attractions numerous times. You could literally sit and stay on BTMRR a few times. Ah, the good ol' days.

luv

I hope, if I die and years later someone hauls up a thread I started that my poor little thread will be allowed to die on its own and not be put down.

It is kind of nice to think of little parts of you living on, floating out there around the Internet. :) For me, anyway.

IIRC, e-ride nights were cheap, limited to people staying in WDW hotels, and only in the MK. I don't remember going to one in any other park. They were great. :)

awesomeinabox

How much did they cost? I would totally buy an e ticket night. Maybe in the "year of a million themes" they will have it during the week I'm on property.

Tom

Beta Return
E-Ride nights were AWESOME! I think they were $10 at first, and eventually creeped up to $15 by the time Disney killed them off.

When we went in the early 2000s we would be first to the front desk each morning to find out which nights they'd be holding them, and buy our tickets. I think they literally capped sales at 3,000 people.

It was similar to evening EMH, but only at the MK and the park literally felt empty. You didn't have to get off of any ride. We rode BTMR and Splash I don't know how many times in a row those nights, without every leaving the train/log.

I would easily pay $50 for something like that again over the essentially useless EMH (especially when they're down to 2 hours).

doctornick

I think we only got to do an E-ticket night once, but it was a blast. I remember riding a couple different rides then going on Buzz about 20 times in a row trying to get higher scores. The park was so empty.

bigorangeandy

The cost was as stated prior about $15 for adults, a little less for under 9. They were not every night, just certain nights. We had been staying off site in 2004 and stayed onsite for a few nights just to be able to buy the tickets. I remember reading about a family that was staying offsite, booked a campsite, just so they could buy tickets for one night. They were so much less crowded than EMH, I seem to remember the night we went, the park closed to the public at midnight, and we got to stay till 3am, then got up and drove home the next day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I knew I had it somewhere:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

menamechris

Very interesting that Fantasyland wasn't open for these! Obviously they aren't E tickets - but would think they still would have had some open.

Tom

Beta Return
Very interesting that Fantasyland wasn't open for these! Obviously they aren't E tickets - but would think they still would have had some open.

Since this was back when the MK stayed open late already, these extra hours really cut into maintenance time (yes, they actually still maintained the park back then too).

So, the closing off of areas allowed them to at least get a head start on their cleaning and nightly to-do lists. It really wasn't an issue, since the people who enjoy Fantasyland the most should have been in bed by then :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom