WDW dissatisfaction?

SulleyanBoo

Even if there was such thing as perfect and Disney had it, people would still complain. That's just how people are. I think some people go into it with too high of expectations and I know..I know it's Disney so the expectations are high but like someone said above, "people are always going to want more."

You can spend a full day at any of the 4 parks in my opinion because there is more to do at Disney then just rides in my opinion. I love the rides, but also the atmosphere, shows, photograph opportunites ect. I also like half days at parks because I love pool days at the resorts and exploring/relaxing at the resort or DTD.

I keep coming back because despite an on the occasion loud tour group or unfriendly cast member my experience and feeling when im in "the world" is like none other on the planet and to me, it's my perfect :)

Call me corny if you want. I'm used to it. haha :p

the-reason14

Maybe I don't visit enough, maybe I don't pay enough attention or maybe I'm too young to remember the "good days", but it seems the same issue keeps coming up on these forums. It seems many people are dissatisfied with the state of the parks, the attractions, the themes, the layouts. I keep reading how people think AK and DHS are only half day parks. Apparently there is nothing to do in DHS or Epcot. I don't get this. Of course there are things I don't do and rides that don't interest me so I skip them, different strokes for different folks, but I still love a majority of what's offered. It seems DHS gets the worst of the bashing, but I've never seen anything wrong with this park. I could spend a whole day there no problem and I don't ride RnR. I guess I just dont understand how such avid Disney fans could have such dissatisfaction in the parks they love so much, or perhaps it's because you love it so much that your expectations are higher? Are the few rides that you love worth the price of the trip? What is it that keeps you coming back despite your disappointment?

I think the answer for this question for a lot of people should be no, but most here probably wouldn't acknowledge that. Sure, they still may enjoy the parks, but the constant bickering, bashing, and dissatisfaction with the place should make a light bulb go on and make them say maybe it isn't worth it and I should spend my money elsewhere. Who knows, everyone has an addiction, and other then bashing the place for everything, I guess going there while wastin..... errr spending money is a part of it.

dreamscometrue

I think the answer for this question for a lot of people should be no, but most here probably wouldn't acknowledge that. Sure, they still may enjoy the parks, but the constant bickering, bashing, and dissatisfaction with the place should make a light bulb go on and make them say maybe it isn't worth it and I should spend my money elsewhere. Who knows, everyone has an addiction, and other then bashing the place for everything, I guess going there while wastin..... errr spending money is a part of it.

Maybe the light bulbs can't go on because, as we've been reminded a million times, those damn light bulbs are always burned out. As a result. no light bulbs go on and they are stuck in a mode of perpetual bickering, bashing and dissatisfaction. ;)

Animaniac93-98

"Are the few rides that you love worth the price of the trip?"

I'm starting to not think so at this point. My last WDW trip I bought a 2-day base ticket and a MNSSHP ticket, becuase that's all I really needed (and it was less than a 3-day base). I basically paid about $90 with tax to visit Epcot and DHS on seperate days and did everything in DHS in about 7 hours. Now DHS is my second favourite park, but $90 for 7 hours? I feel kinda ripped off. Especially when I think the 4-day hopper I got at Disneyland was about $55/day.

sweetpee_1993

LOL! I forgot to address the part about 'Are the few rides you love worth the price of the trip?'. For me, no. And I think I've done pretty good at avoiding the 4 parks of WDW since I decided it just wasn't an all-over enjoyable enough thing for the price paid. Granted, in May we spent 2 nights at Pop pre-cruise and went to TL for the first time ever which I felt was fully worth every nickel spent because we enjoyed it that much. The hubby tried to talk me into going to one of the 4 parks while we were there and I absolutely refused. So for me, when it comes to the 4 parks, that lightbulb is on & shining bright. I don't want to go there. I tried my best to fight staying at Pop in favor of off-property this past May but I was veto'd strictly for the convenience of Magical Express because up until the day or 2 before the trip the kids & I were driving and the hubby was flying in to meet us. He had a late flight & didn't want me up any later if I'd been driving for 14 hours already. The 2 table service meals we had this May on-property also weren't without my arguements. I was out-voted by the bread-winner on those so I humored the old man. I feel like overall I've pretty successfully distracted and steered us clear of reserving WDW-dedicated travel while booking more cruises both with Disney and other cruise lines for our future. Yeah, Disney is still getting a chunk of our adventure funds but TDO isn't getting the big fat morsels from us that they used to. Definitely trying to put my money where my mouth is while still choosing my battles with the family. :cool:

jlevis

"Are the few rides that you love worth the price of the trip?"

I'm starting to not think so at this point. My last WDW trip I bought a 2-day base ticket and a MNSSHP ticket, becuase that's all I really needed (and it was less than a 3-day base). I basically paid about $90 with tax to visit Epcot and DHS on seperate days and did everything in DHS in about 7 hours. Now DHS is my second favourite park, but $90 for 7 hours? I feel kinda ripped off. Especially when I think the 4-day hopper I got at Disneyland was about $55/day.

Everyone does the parks in their own way. We've been some 40+ times and we have yet to do everyting. We do enjoy the rides and will often do some multiple times. But, there are shows we've yet to see, restaurants we have yet to eat at, rides we haven't done. We take our time in the parks in order to appreciate the themes. Every trip is a new one. BTW, your 2 day ticket was $45 per day so your 7 hour DHS trip was $45 not $90.

JohnLocke

Upkeep of the parks and all of the DISNEY property is outrageous! I don't know how they keep up w/ it all!:eek:
AK, if you explore the trails and take some time @ Rafiki's Planet Watch inside, is a full day park. Don't forget about Nemo and The Lion King shows!:) True, not many rides, and most of us would like more, but that's what separates Disney from the rest.:D
HS has several shows to see, and again a few rides, but it's the atmosphere that makes it so special to most people!:)
EPCOT doesn't have the amount of rides it should either, but World Showcase takes 1/2 the day if you truly explore it!:)
I come back because every time I go, I have a different memorable magical experience! Rides are just rides, but, there's just something about "the mouse"!:D

I think part of the problem is the feel of the size of things. DHS just feels small compared to the other parks, and while AK takes up a lot of land and there's a good trek between locations, it feels fairly small in parts as well, and definitely incomplete.

The Duck

Many consider DAK to be a half day park mainly because they don't consider the animals to be attractions. I have friends who routinely walk past the exhibits that are in plain view and don't even bother with Pangani and Majarajah.

As for me, I've always enjoyed the animals and their surroundings and make a point of viewing them with each visit. Frankly, I would rather watch the gorillas than ride Kali.

the-reason14

Maybe the light bulbs can't go on because, as we've been reminded a million times, those damn light bulbs are always burned out. As a result. no light bulbs go on and they are stuck in a mode of perpetual bickering, bashing and dissatisfaction. ;)

This is a great point, all the more reason for those who are so bent out of shape when the one behind the facade that you have to completely and uncomfortably turn you head around to see is burnt out and seems to have been for months to stop spending so much time there. :)

The Empress Lilly

Not all dissatisfaction of WDW is the same.

Personally, I don't care about missing lightbulbs. I also could spend weeks on end in just DHS. Nor do I think the MK needs a new E-ticket. I do think Florida's Fantasyland is the fairest of them all. I wish WDW would raise prices further.

But I do walk around with tears in my eyes in EPCOT over the destruction Future World. I think that WDW is run by clueless vandals living off of what previous decades have build. That DAK still needs a little something extra. That WS should build rides, not bars and restaurants. That the hat needs to go. That both the MK and EPCOT have made woeful misjudgements about renewing their attraction line-up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I may be out of the loop, but what is an E-ticket? And what does WS stand for?
The term E-ticket goes back to the day where you needed tickets for each attraction. The ticket types we A-E, E-tickets being the headliner attractions such as Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, etc. While the tickets are no longer used the term E-ticket is and it would refer to a headliner attraction.

WS stands for World Showcase in Epcot.

Beholder

To me, Disney set the bar, created the standard by which all others are measured. We (fans-fanatics) tend to look for imperfections and we tend to expect perfection. The sports team analogy is perfect. It's OUR team, we want it to be #1 all the time. We want them to lead, to set new standards, create the trends. I love Disney. Always have. And we AlWAYS have a great time, but when I "talk up"' Disney for being clean, having fresh paint, impeccable attention to details and world class customer service, that's what I want to see. I admit, my expectations are sometimes unrealistic, but it's born of true "passion" about this world of escapism.

To me it isn't about the money I spend, it's the "magic" I've been sold over the years. THAT is the reputation I want to see upheld to the highest standards.

Just a thought on AK. I love the park. I think it's the most beautiful and most completely detail of all the parks, but I believe the problem some may have is that it's viewed as typical park. Attractions, shows, eat, what's next? I think it was designed with a more casual pace in mind. A "take your time and take it all in" kind of place. It's Natazu, but it is. I could spend days in that place, but others in my family, not so much. But I LOVE details and themes on a grand scale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom