Wdw Buffets.....

WDWToddKaren

Original Poster
We always do the DP i was just wondering if anyone could let me know how these three buffets are for dinner

1. Crystal Palace
2. Hollywood & vine
3. Chef Mickey

Thanks!!!!!

DisJosh

They're all decent IMO.

My personal fav however is Trails End at Fort Wilderness. It's by far the best buffet on property. :D I don't know if it's part of the dining plan though.

yazmin182

We always do the DP i was just wondering if anyone could let me know how these three buffets are for dinner

1. Crystal Palace
2. Hollywood & vine
3. Chef Mickey

Thanks!!!!!

Hello,

First of all, sometimes it depends on if you're going for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I went to H&V for dinner and it was pretty good. I don't remember anything special about it. The theming wasn't that great either in my opinion.

I also went to CP which was also nothing to brag about. They had a few good dishes here and there. Winnie the Pooh and the gang were fun though.

I personally would rather go to a restuarant but for picky eaters, at least the buffets give them choices.

Yaz

Like the other poster said, it depends if you're going for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I definitely recommend Crystal Palace for breakfast, you won't be disappointed! Chef Mickey's breakfast is okay, but their dinner is much better. Don't know about Hollywood & Vine, we were supposed to go there over NYE but the reservations got cancelled.

Billy6

I have been to CP three times and I love it...Again its what you are interested in eating....

Ps..(get a reservation right at the end of lunch seating/beginning of dinner, if you're lucky you could catch some dinner items and only be paying for lunch....ie...peal and eat shrimp...yummy:slurp:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

1. Crystal Palace
2. Hollywood & vine
3. Chef Mickey

Thanks!!!!!
How odd. Just came back from a trip and these were 3 of the 4 dinner ressies that I made. The other was at the Biergarten. IMO - Chef Mickey's had the best food. Our entire group was floored by the quality of the food. This was my first character meal since before kids (now 3 and 1) we didn't care and our kids our finally old enough to care about something like this. I assumed we'd see the grand ensemble of major Disney icons, but I had no idea that the food would be so good. It was fantastic! Even stuff that appeared at the other buffets (like the corn spoonbread) was better at Chef Mickey's. I kind of wonder if its because we had a ressie right at 5 which is when they open for dinner. I liked the other buffets, but I thought Chef Mickey's ruled!

pinkrose

I have been to CP three times and I love it...Again its what you are interested in eating....

Ps..(get a reservation right at the end of lunch seating/beginning of dinner, if you're lucky you could catch some dinner items and only be paying for lunch....ie...peal and eat shrimp...yummy:slurp:

They now have an hour between breakfast and lunch, and an hour between lunch and dinner, so that's no longer possible (we liked to do that as well).

H20Babie

Hmmm, I'm now thinking of making dinner ressie's at Chef Mickey's. Our first full day is being spent at MK, and we are doing the Family Magic Tour at 10 am. Other than that, we were just playing it by ear for meals that day (we are not on the DPP). We already have ressies at:

Coral Reef (dinner)
Sci-Fi (lunch)
50's Primetime (lunch)
Breakfastosaurus (before AK opening)
Ohana's (Lili & Stitch breakfast)

Think we should fit this in? Is it doable? Or should we do the Liberty Tree since the characters are the same as AK's Breakfastosaurus? (It's me and my DS, 5).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Hmmm, I'm now thinking of making dinner ressie's at Chef Mickey's. Our first full day is being spent at MK, and we are doing the Family Magic Tour at 10 am. Other than that, we were just playing it by ear for meals that day (we are not on the DPP). We already have ressies at:

Coral Reef (dinner)
Sci-Fi (lunch)
50's Primetime (lunch)
Breakfastosaurus (before AK opening)
Ohana's (Lili & Stitch breakfast)

Think we should fit this in? Is it doable? Or should we do the Liberty Tree since the characters are the same as AK's Breakfastosaurus? (It's me and my DS, 5).

I don't know if you'll find CM's doable. It depends on how much time you think'll you have and how much you'll want to do. I loooved Chef Mickey's but we did it on a day we didn't go to the parks so we didn't have to leave a park and get transportation to the Contemporary.

I hope that when you get back from your trip I can get your thoughts on Coral Reef. I've always wanted to eat there, but can never convince the rest of the family to eat outside of WS.

I've had breakfast at CP, by far one of the best breakfast buffets on property.
I've had dinner at H&V Not impressed with the selection at all, not much to choose from really, and server I had was really really slow
I've also had dinner at Chef Mickey's and I'd rate that as pretty decent with the prime rib being a favorite. :)

Have fun! :wave: and may you have great food experiences! :slurp:

WDWToddKaren

Original Poster
I've had breakfast at CP, by far one of the best breakfast buffets on property.
I've had dinner at H&V Not impressed with the selection at all, not much to choose from really, and server I had was really really slow
I've also had dinner at Chef Mickey's and I'd rate that as pretty decent with the prime rib being a favorite. :)

Have fun! :wave: and may you have great food experiences! :slurp:

Thanks everyone and sorcere i have your avatar tattooed on my leg!!!! :)

Pan

1. Crystal Palace
2. Hollywood & vine
3. Chef Mickey

Thanks!!!!!

I think Crystal Palace is the best place to eat dinner at MK-an excellent buffet.

I've only done Chef Mickey's for breakfast, the food was ok, and the charcters are definately the highlight.

coltow

We didn't care for the H&V dinner at all. When they added the Playhouse character to the breakfast we gave it another try and found food to be quite good, not as much of a selection as the others though.

CM and CP are both great for dinner. We thought the menus were similar and thought that certain items at each were better than the other. For example we liked the pork better at CP, but liked the desserts better at CM.

KimnAbby

I've been to the Crystal Palace a few times for dinner and always liked it. The characters always made time to come over and interact with us, plus the food was great!

My favorite buffet is Cape May Cafe, but they don't have characters.

MAF

1. Crystal Palace
2. Hollywood & vine
3. Chef Mickey

Thanks!!!!!

Out of the 3 I would def. go w/ Chef Mickey's. The other 2 I have tried and was not impressed at all.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We ate dinner at CP and Hollywood & Vine in August,

CP - was fine but the server was overworked, and struggled to keep the tables clear and supplied with drinks. It was OK but no better than that.

Hollywood & Vine, we were looked after pretty well by the server but the quality of the food was not what it once was. I shant be rushing back.

Kadee

We LOVED Crystal Palace. Haven't been to the other two. Have you thought about Boma at AK Resort? We are trying it for the first time on our trip in April. I've heard it is really good.

Trail's End is really good! It is my husband's favorite place to eat in WDW. We have to go there for breakfast several times and dinner at least once on each trip. However, if you are on the dining plan, use your credits elsewhere and pay out of pocket for Trail's End. It is that inexpensive! ....well, for WDW, it is inexpensive. I think their breakfast and lunch buffet is around $12, and dinner is under $20. Food is great and service is always WONDERFUL! And they are one of the few places you can find REAL "sweet tea" (HUGE selling point for my husband who lives off "sweet tea").

DisneyMarg

I've been to H&V once and Chef Mickey's once - both for dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed each. We thought the H&V food was really good. It always surprises me how much the WDWMAGIC members differ in their experiences in opinions. Sometimes it sounds like we are in totally different places!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom