WDW Bowling Alleys

Epcot is my fav

I was thinking WDW has Golf Courses, but why no Bowling Alleys. I mean for those night or afternoons when you dont want to go into the park and dont feel like swimming, why not go bowling. I think it would be cool. Disney character balls and Villian pins. Hey its just a thought.

barnum42

Originally posted by Nansafan
I guess I didn't explain myself well enough. There is no way I would bring my ball and shoes from Chicago to possibly bowl once at WDW. It would never be on our packing list. I wouldn't expect anyone to pack their ball or shoes just to bowl at WDW. My husband's bowling bag is bigger than the suitcase I use for a week at WDW.
Regardless of how well I did, the thought in the back of my mind (and my son and nieces) would be, "imagine how much better I could have done with my own ball." A WDW bowling alley would be awesome and would definitely be something we would try to schedule time for.
Of course it is a competition. Why do you think there are automatic scorers and score tables at bowling alleys? Somebody has to buy the ice cream when you're done bowling and with us, it's usually the losing team.
As you are a regular bowler, I would have thought that doing an activity you frequently participate in at home would not be a reason for going to WDW. I think it would be aimed mored at the infrequent bowlers amongst us.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Boy, has this turned into a brouhaha! We love to bowl any chance we get. I have bowled on vacations to other destinations without my own equipment. The written word can be so misunderstood without the nuance of tone or facial expression. My comments about bowlers and their own equipment were simply meant as digs against ourselves. We say the same thing about mini-golfing at Fantasia Gardens or a Blizzard Beach..."If I had only brought my own putter... boy could I have sunk that putt." Before I get blasted for comments about bowlers, I am only referring to my particular group, my husband, me, my son and my nieces. This has gotten way out of line and I apologize for screwing up a great thread and an even greater idea.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Nan, I knew what you meant actually. One of my exboyfriends is a very good bowler ( his Dad is semi-pro) so I could just see him moaning about how he could have made that shot with his bowling ball or if he just had his own shoes etc etc etc. I got a good chuckle out of it!! Belle

Upvote 0

jrriddle

Thanks for the info Belle, The Martini/Wine Bar & Sky Bar would work for me.
If we ever are there at the same time, I'll buy you a drink.:wave:

Upvote 0

DME

Originally posted by jrriddle
Belle,
Could you share with us what else they mentioned on the Survey?
They are usually a very good source of what's in store.

I just completed a survey with WDW yesterday and it was about luggage. They wanted to know what I thought of the idea of having Disney Cast members at the Orlando airport to greet me and take my luggage and board a Disney Bus to my resort. They'd then check in my luggage and bring it right to my room. I thought it was a fantastic idea. They also wanted to know what I thought of a $10 charge per person for the service and I said I didn't like that idea. My comment was that I was spending so much money for a package that I thought it should be included in the price. I think they should charge the fee if you're not buying a package.

Upvote 0

jrriddle

Thanks DME,
Surveys are great. They really give you an idea about were Disney is going.
I think your survey was probably the Destination Disney program Jim Hill wrote about awhile back.
Consider the drinks offer extended.
(I'm going to go broke if this keeps up)

Upvote 0

CMTinkerBell

To any bowling fans...they are selling Disney bowling balls. Saw them at Pop Century and Downtown Disney. Some of them were, the Princess, Lilo and Stitch, Lion King, and more. There were around $125 or so. They are custom made, so it takes about 6-8 weeks to get them. They were really nice!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by barnum42
· I don't think you screwed the tread up. You are just actively participating. Keep it up. :wave:

I agree, this is an issue that wouldhave to be worked out at some point for the disney folks, it is no wonder that this board would come up with the same issues.

I am sure that some people, who perhaps drive in instead of fly in to florida, would have a good chance t obring their own equiptment. and for those of us who bowl only once a year, (hey, I am up to twice this year!), equiptment would be available for us.

and without a basis of weekly usuals, there would likely no be any leagues, so I would think that competition would be down, except between my family. someone always has to win. :rolleyes:

It would be really cool to see a "kids only section" with perhaps smaller lanes with bumpers in them. they could have disney workers there to control them, and mom and dad could go off and play by themselves!

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
It would be really cool to see a "kids only section" with perhaps smaller lanes with bumpers in them. they could have disney workers there to control them, and mom and dad could go off and play by themselves!

Ooh, I like that :sohappy: ...Can I play there too? Of like 5 times I've bowled in my life I've gotten 1 strike and a couple of spares. I always seem to knock all but one or two down every time and sometimes it just goes straight to the gutter :lol:...bumpers would really help hehe. But anyway that's a real cute idea for the kiddies :)

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
Ooh, I like that :sohappy: ...Can I play there too? Of like 5 times I've bowled in my life I've gotten 1 strike and a couple of spares. I always seem to knock all but one or two down every time and sometimes it just goes straight to the gutter :lol:...bumpers would really help hehe. But anyway that's a real cute idea for the kiddies :)

and maybe for some of us adults, they can have adult-size kiddie lanes. I am not much of a bowler either, I think my highest score has been 110. and that was on a VERY lucky day. bumper lanes for everyone!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by CMTinkerBell
To any bowling fans...they are selling Disney bowling balls. Saw them at Pop Century and Downtown Disney. Some of them were, the Princess, Lilo and Stitch, Lion King, and more. There were around $125 or so. They are custom made, so it takes about 6-8 weeks to get them. They were really nice!

What are the available weights of the Disney balls? Are they only plastic balls or do they come in other compositions, soft rubber, hard rubber etc. I can get a Mickey Mouse ball here in Chicago at my local pro shop but they only come in the lighter, children's weights. A urethane (sp?) 15 lb. Disney ball would be great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom