WDW Answer to Hagrid's/VelociCoaster

Jrb1979

Not if you're willing to spend the money for an ILL purchase -- ILLs have been available for several hours most days. I think they were available until almost 1 PM on Sunday.

And considering people are having issues with park reservations now, aren't most of them going to be going to EPCOT regardless? As in they already have a reservation there to try to get the VQ at 7 AM.

Anyways, some of it is just due to the internal knowledge we have here around costs. If they could build two Ratatouille level rides (even though I'm not a fan of Ratatouille) for the cost of one Guardians, the data we currently have suggests the two Ratatouilles would be a better investment in terms of improving the overall guest experience.
From my view it's not only the cost, it's the amount of time they take to build anything. Epic Universe is going to be built in 5 years minus the year delay. Tron is going to take 5 years to build. Something is wrong here.

bhg469

From my view it's not only the cost, it's the amount of time they take to build anything. Epic Universe is going to be built in 5 years minus the year delay. Tron is going to take 5 years to build. Something is wrong here.
It blows my mind since I have been working across the street for the better part of a year.. You can't see a ton from the berms but it went from just dirt to vertical construction in such a short time. Now there is freaking coaster track!? Its really fun to watch the process. One thing is for sure. We will have a room at the Grand Helios the day it opens!

gitchard

My kids started getting a little bored with WDW when they became teens. They wanted more coasters.

I think it would be great if they built a fifth gate dedicated to villains an load it up with thrill rides.

It won't take away from the current parks and would appeal to older kids.

erasure fan1

My kids started getting a little bored with WDW when they became teens. They wanted more coasters.

I think it would be great if they built a fifth gate dedicated to villains an load it up with thrill rides.

It won't take away from the current parks and would appeal to older kids.
Personally I think they have plenty of room to add coasters to the existing parks. I don't want them throwing bare steel hyper coasters up all over the place. But They have plenty of room for Everest type thrills in at least the studios, animal kingdom and even Epcot. I am completely against a 5th gate because it will be a 4th park for them to neglect.

erasure fan1

A multi launched dueling coaster with the outdoor themeing level of Radiator Springs themed to pod racing would be an ideal blend of thrills and practical theming... I just don't see Disney going that route...
Yes, it's something I have talked about from the opening of galaxys edge. It would be low to the ground so you wouldn't have to worry about sight lines. And more importantly, it would greatly enhance the backstory of the land with all the possibilities you could play off of. Like an underground pod racing event that's trying not to catch the eye of the first order. It would also have given the land ties to the prequels without changing their timeline.

rio

A high intensity hyper or looping variant from B&M would probably only work in Hollywood Studios. We might get another Rip Ride Rocket, but I don’t think something that intense would fit MK or Epcot.

A high intensity coaster in the forest would also work in Ak, but it’d have to be something like an Intamin Blitz. Something too tall would break AK’s treeline which would not be ideal, and that park already has a mine train and flying attraction.

BTMRR shows Disney can build something incredibly themed, and 7DMT shows that they can combine show and thrills. Make something longer and extremely well themed, and it’d be pretty well received.

IanDLBZF

A high intensity hyper or looping variant from B&M would probably only work in Hollywood Studios. We might get another Rip Ride Rocket, but I don’t think something that intense would fit MK or Epcot.

A high intensity coaster in the forest would also work in Ak, but it’d have to be something like an Intamin Blitz. Something too tall would break AK’s treeline which would not be ideal, and that park already has a mine train and flying attraction.

BTMRR shows Disney can build something incredibly themed, and 7DMT shows that they can combine show and thrills. Make something longer and extremely well themed, and it’d be pretty well received.
I think a good themed B&M could go in AK.

Mickey5150

Disney missed its chance to have a Physics Pavilion in Epcot. So many high schools send physics classes on field trips to theme parks, Disney could have designed its own pavilion of coasters showing the technology and physics behind coaster design.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think you have.

I think a good themed B&M could go in AK.
Lol…I built one on rollercoaster tycoon years ago.

I always thought that they needed the Australian pavilion/land behind the Nemo show. And it’s centerpiece would be a “height restricted” ride similar to nemesis at Alton towers.

I called it the “sundowner”…or something like that. Use a internal or external Ulura mock-up as part of the ride. It could be a projection to perhaps shield it from the weather?

But it would be purely animal focused…no IP overlays. How hard is it to have a kangaroo exhibit and maybe a koala bear or two? One nice e ride and another couple of minor people eaters. People swamp a crappy Canadian themed steakhouse…imagine what they would do for a surf and turf locale in a park with a relative lack of offerings?

But no…nothing that ambitious would ever be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hagrid's isn't all that intense, it's just plain fun. Everest and Guardians are basically on the same tier of thrill level.

I doubt WDW will ever build a coaster like Velocicoaster, however the first 15 seconds of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster give it a run for its money. Not the rest, unfortunately.
Agree 100%

Guardians is the closest offering to hagrids…it’s exciting but not at all “overwhelming”

ppete1975

I dont think we will see disney build a real thrill coaster. One they are never really themed its all metal and wood structure to get you as high as possible and massive loops. It also would dominate the sight lines with what could be looked as a cheap amusement park ride instead of the massive theming we have in all disney parks. Yes we complain about the GOTG box but its excusable compared to a huge steel structure that you cant fiscally hide. Universal doesnt mind because thats not the look they are going after, yes they have massive theming in areas but also have thrill rides that are in plane site. I think EE is the perfect disney roller coaster and we may see something on that level again. Tron should be good as well, and you see that they try to hide it as much as possible and its not a massive coaster.

JoeCamel

Disney missed its chance to have a Physics Pavilion in Epcot. So many high schools send physics classes on field trips to theme parks, Disney could have designed its own pavilion of coasters showing the technology and physics behind coaster design.
WDW used to run a physics based tour for younger people. Not too indepth but was aimed at STEM students

SteveAZee

Here in Oregon we have OMSI, (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) where they make the sciences fun and interesting (and interactive). There were some hints of this in the Wonders of Life Pavilion as well as in some of the core Future World buildings. I like the idea of it... a Disneyfied Science Pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom