WDW and football (sorry, soccer)

rsg1971

We'll be travelling from the UK to Disneyworld on 4th October. We've waivered, soul searched, but in the end we know we'll have a great time. We're just hoping that being there doesn't appear insensitive. Now that we've decided however, I can't tell you how I excited I am.

And in light of this I have a question that I would really appreciate your help on (maybe those of you from the UK might appreciate this more), England are playing Greece in the deciding world cup qualifier on 6th October... I can't tell you how badly I need to see this game.. any ideas on where a good place to watch it will be?

thanks for all your help, and to our friends in the USA... "you'll never walk alone"

neilybealy

Originally posted by markymark

I originate from Wigan, so trust me, pies are part of my heritage!!

AAAH Wigan, the only town I know of where you can get a "Pie Kebab" - HONESTLY! (It's three pies on a bamboo stick)

mmmmmmmmmmmm pies on a stick...... aaaaarrrrrgggggghhh.....

a pie kebab - in true helen from big brother style.....

OH MY GOD

a pie on a stick???

:eek:

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by neilybealy

a pie kebab - in true helen from big brother style.....

OH MY GOD

a pie on a stick???

:eek:

3 pies on a stick if you don't mind!!!

Meat & Potato
Chunky Beef
Chicken & Mushroom

Is the usual configuration, although I believe you can order a bespoke pie kebab!!

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Hey Mark you can get three pies served together at the Rose'n' Crown, they call it a pie sampler! You wiganers get everywhere! Unfortunately not on a stick though, served on a plate and called a pie sampler, pretty original huh.:slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by Beauty and the
Did you practice pie eating last night? Great goal again , the boys got talent:king:

Unfortunately, I refrained from pie eating last night, and took part in the ancient sport of getting drunk!

You wouldn't believe it. We went to the Head Of Steam in town, and guess what? - - - - they weren't showing the match!!! So I missed the first 15 minutes. But, yep, that Jari boy is a bit good isn't he - I hate to say it, but SELL ROBBIE!! :eek:

As for the pie sampler, I could always take my own stick couldn't I

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Originally posted by rsg1971
England are playing Greece in the deciding world cup qualifier on 6th October... I can't tell you how badly I need to see this game.. any ideas on where a good place to watch it will be?
"

I know you're not back yet,but did you get to see the game? and was it really worth missing a morning at the park? I know we qualifed and all that but what a bad game! Bet you had to drink a few pints to see you through it?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom