WDW and football (sorry, soccer)

rsg1971

We'll be travelling from the UK to Disneyworld on 4th October. We've waivered, soul searched, but in the end we know we'll have a great time. We're just hoping that being there doesn't appear insensitive. Now that we've decided however, I can't tell you how I excited I am.

And in light of this I have a question that I would really appreciate your help on (maybe those of you from the UK might appreciate this more), England are playing Greece in the deciding world cup qualifier on 6th October... I can't tell you how badly I need to see this game.. any ideas on where a good place to watch it will be?

thanks for all your help, and to our friends in the USA... "you'll never walk alone"

neilybealy

sorry but i wouldn't have a clue where they would show it - it will be a fantastic game though hopefully and one you'll remember watching in disney!!!

i was away in portugal with my bro when england played in june - it was fantastic.

have a magical time - not long to wait now eh!

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Hey rsg, you may want to try the ESPN Club over at the Boardwalk. They should have it on there.

And thank you for the kind words.

Nice Pic DF! For the 1st time i'll agree with him ;) Espn club would be the prime spot to watch it. You will never miss a moment in that place. They even got TV's in the bathroom, in the stall and above the sinks. Very nice!! lol Plus I love the food there.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Sorry Guys, but a brit needs to answer this one if its about football, a good place to watch the game, on sky, with Andy Grey and Co. is The Cricketers Arms pub on International Drive close to the Mecardo Centre.Evening Kickoff at home means a 3pm start in Orlando, nice time for a beer served the traditional english way
warm uccccch! and if your really home sick they sell walkers crisp and meat and potato pies at half time!.
We watched the mighty reds in the Charity Sheild and the Super Cup in August so its as lucky as Cardiff Stadium for us.
Hope this helps, enjoy the game and have a simnoroff ice for me.

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by Beauty and the
Sorry Guys, but a brit needs to answer this one if its about football, a good place to watch the game, on sky, with Andy Grey and Co. is The Cricketers Arms pub on International Drive close to the Mecardo Centre.Evening Kickoff at home means a 3pm start in Orlando, nice time for a beer served the traditional english way
warm uccccch! and if your really home sick they sell walkers crisp and meat and potato pies at half time!.
We watched the mighty reds in the Charity Sheild and the Super Cup in August so its as lucky as Cardiff Stadium for us.
Hope this helps, enjoy the game and have a simnoroff ice for me.

I'm drooling already!!

:p

Upvote 0

markymark

Yep I have to agree with Beauty, the Cricketers is the place to see it, I am just not sure if it is a 3.30 kick off though, better check that out.

Oiginally posted by Beauty and the

If I am not mistaken they won both of those games, taking our trophy tally to 5 in 6 months !!
:D :D :D :D

Also,

Smirnoff Ice? God my wife will be living in there!!!!

Upvote 0

rsg1971

Original Poster
thanks for your replies... we're going to be spending the morning in the Animal Kingdom and then a late lunch over the football. I'd love to try the ESPN club, but I don't want to experience that anxiety attack when you turn up at a place, realise the game isn't on, and then leg it as fast as possible to the nearest place in attempt not to miss the kick off...

so it looks like the Cricketers Arms (Do people in Florida even know what cricket is?) for a beer and pies at half time... do they make the pies really hot so that when the filling explodes it burns your hand and your mouth... that would be really authentic.

thanks again

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by rsg1971
thanks for your replies... we're going to be spending the morning in the Animal Kingdom and then a late lunch over the football. I'd love to try the ESPN club, but I don't want to experience that anxiety attack when you turn up at a place, realise the game isn't on, and then leg it as fast as possible to the nearest place in attempt not to miss the kick off...

so it looks like the Cricketers Arms (Do people in Florida even know what cricket is?) for a beer and pies at half time... do they make the pies really hot so that when the filling explodes it burns your hand and your mouth... that would be really authentic.

thanks again

LOL

Upvote 0

markymark

so it looks like the Cricketers Arms (Do people in Florida even know what cricket is?)

I am sure there is some kind of big cricket tournament scheduled for DWWS in the near (ish) future

for a beer and pies at half time... do they make the pies really hot so that when the filling explodes it burns your hand and your mouth... that would be really authentic.

No, what you really want is for it to be served in the foil container, when you bite into it, you do that sort of daft "bloody hell this is HOT" sort of face, opening your mouth wide and puffing lots, and THEN repeat until the pie is finished.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Just give them a call before hand to make sure.

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by neilybealy
you sound very experienced at that Mark :p

you forgot about the bit where you moan that the pies are too hot!!

I originate from Wigan, so trust me, pies are part of my heritage!!

AAAH Wigan, the only town I know of where you can get a "Pie Kebab" - HONESTLY! (It's three pies on a bamboo stick)

mmmmmmmmmmmm pies on a stick...... aaaaarrrrrgggggghhh.....

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by markymark

mmmmmmmmmmmm pies on a stick...... aaaaarrrrrgggggghhh.....

Sounds like the Minnesota State Fair. Everything is on a stick! :D :D You got pickles on a stick, pork chop on a stick, etc., etc. Mmmmm....I'm hungry.

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Sounds like the Minnesota State Fair. Everything is on a stick! :D :D You got pickles on a stick, pork chop on a stick, etc., etc. Mmmmm....I'm hungry.

I HAVE TO VISIT THIS PLACE!!!

mmmmmmm...everything on a stick......

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by markymark

I HAVE TO VISIT THIS PLACE!!!

mmmmmmm...everything on a stick......

Oh, and you have to try the Cheese Curds. Yummy. :D

Let me know Mark, I'll set you up. The Fair runs the last two weeks of August through to Labor Day weekend. I'm sure your family would enjoy. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom