WDW 45th Anniversary

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Screenshot_2016-10-01-21-26-58.png

Check this out. And here I am offering some stuff for free. I'm too nice of a guy sometimes haha

MissM

By the time I got through bag check (only one side open), metal detector AND the backup at the turnstiles, it was after 3pm and they had THREE cast members with messenger bags handing out pins. So we had no problem getting them mid-afternoon.

Maps were in abundance to the left of the entry tunnel. And when we stopped at Guest Services for Anniversary buttons (we're celebrating 18 years), the CM gave us two MORE 45th buttons and they had 45th park maps on the counter too. Definitely not a shortage of them!

They were sold out of the I was there! shirts and the Passholder shirts. I picked up the grey lady's castle 45th shirt and a keychain. But it was pretty picked over by that point. Grabbed a Starbucks 45th mug and spotted some cupcakes.

20161001_155125.jpg
20161001_160123.jpg

It was pretty crowded but it started to rain around 6pm-ish and did NOT stop. In fact, it was a torrential downpour and everyone was soaked and the park was just FLOODED everywhere. Took us about 90 minutes to get back to our car when we finally tried to leave around 8pm. (We were trying to wait the rain out but it just kept coming.)

So a soggy end to the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yea, yea. I've heard that story and know about it. But cmon. You're telling me that it happened SOLELY because Disney wanted to appease it's fans and NOT make a quick buck? I'm not saying that the fans had nothing to do with it, all I'm saying is Disney saw they could make easy money on these sorts of things.

The 25th was a pleasing, low key and fulfilling event for the fans.

The 30th was a faceless, corporate money grab.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And yet, the ROE tag was better than the 25th, who knew?
They were virtually identical, though the 25th had Tapestry in lieu of Surprise. The 30th also extended the Parade of Dreams section. The 25th also benifitted from more product being used, since each was allocated the equivalent of a holiday tag, and the tag was reduced between 2007 and 2012.

It did help the 30th had all the par cans re gelled the week before.

Mike S

By the time I got through bag check (only one side open), metal detector AND the backup at the turnstiles, it was after 3pm and they had THREE cast members with messenger bags handing out pins. So we had no problem getting them mid-afternoon.

Maps were in abundance to the left of the entry tunnel. And when we stopped at Guest Services for Anniversary buttons (we're celebrating 18 years), the CM gave us two MORE 45th buttons and they had 45th park maps on the counter too. Definitely not a shortage of them!

They were sold out of the I was there! shirts and the Passholder shirts. I picked up the grey lady's castle 45th shirt and a keychain. But it was pretty picked over by that point. Grabbed a Starbucks 45th mug and spotted some cupcakes.

View attachment 166327 View attachment 166328

It was pretty crowded but it started to rain around 6pm-ish and did NOT stop. In fact, it was a torrential downpour and everyone was soaked and the park was just FLOODED everywhere. Took us about 90 minutes to get back to our car when we finally tried to leave around 8pm. (We were trying to wait the rain out but it just kept coming.)

So a soggy end to the day.
I was already back at my hotel when the rain started :happy:

intheATL

It got pretty flooded, in particular around Tomorrowland. I ended up going to my hotel too, but I missed the MSEP :( (if they even had it, idk).
Yes, the MSEP went on as planned! So glad we got to see it again! My daughter went in the Emporium about 7:30 pm and they still had the I was there shirt, the MagicBands, and Vinylmation. She said you had to ask for them. They told her only the pin was sold out. As for the maps and buttons there were PLENTY even at 10 pm!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom