WDW 40th Anniversary

Mouse Crazy

Original Poster
Hi All, this is my first post so be kind. I know this maybe a little early nut I thought it would be good to start a thread on the 40th anniversary celebrations.
Being from the UK I am already starting to think about my trip to the world for the 40th and came up with a few points/questions.

1. Will there be any celebrations?
2. What date will be recognised as the official celebration i.e. opening day or dedication day?
3. Are celebrations likely to be limited to MK or World wide?
4. Will they decorate the castle again?

Just a few thoughts lets get the ball rolling.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Judging from the past, something will happen - the scale and length is unknown. October 1st would be the recognised date. Celebrations would be limited to Orlando, park specific or not is unknown. I doubt the castle would get more than a 40th badge after the cake fiasco.

See you there :D

Jasonflz

Hi All, this is my first post so be kind. I know this maybe a little early nut I thought it would be good to start a thread on the 40th anniversary celebrations.
Being from the UK I am already starting to think about my trip to the world for the 40th and came up with a few points/questions.

2. What date will be recognised as the official celebration i.e. opening day or dedication day?

Probably. Hopefully they are willing to add some new attractions by that time.

Figment632

1. Im sure there will be something.
2. Oct 1st
3. problaly just WDW maybe the 50th world wide.
4. Please no birthday cake! :fork:

brkgnews

Judging from the past, something will happen - the scale and length is unknown. October 1st would be the recognised date. Celebrations would be limited to Orlando, park specific or not is unknown. I doubt the castle would get more than a 40th badge after the cake fiasco.

Alrighty! It'll be good to see Martin again. :D

:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

:D

Hopefully it will be like Tokyo's 25th...Very subtle, but shiny.:lol:

See ya, Martin.;) Looking forward to my first WDW Fan Meet.:D

disney9752

It would be nice if they would do some retro things, like for EPCOT 25. Current map/71 map, old menus, create a few retro costumes like the old monorail, small world, resorts. not all of them but a few for certain areas that were around in 71. maybe open the walt disney story again for a while. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

It would be nice if they would do some retro things, like for EPCOT 25. Current map/71 map, old menus, create a few retro costumes like the old monorail, small world, resorts. not all of them but a few for certain areas that were around in 71. maybe open the walt disney story again for a while. :wave:

Agreed. If anything, this should be a look to the past.:D Focus on the classics...;)

mpaul32001

We should bring back all of the attractions that worked, and just give them a rework and spruced up storyline. AKA, Alien Encounter, Timekeeper, etc. :sohappy:

Kadee

We should bring back all of the attractions that worked, and just give them a rework and spruced up storyline. AKA, Alien Encounter, Timekeeper, etc. :sohappy:

Agreed! but...what is AKA?
Alien Encounter was awesome! Scared the **** out of me!!!
I loved Timekeeper! Really cool!

mpaul32001

Agreed! but...what is AKA?
Alien Encounter was awesome! Scared the **** out of me!!!
I loved Timekeeper! Really cool!

It's a slang term for Also Known As.

I just don't see why attractions that work perfectly fine, and have the potential to draw large crowds, get dumped and tested with something completely different. I don't want to rant. :p

Jasonflz

It's a slang term for Also Known As.

I just don't see why attractions that work perfectly fine, and have the potential to draw large crowds, get dumped and tested with something completely different. I don't want to rant. :p

:D Because Disney likes to promote tired franchises. TK and AE were both innovative, amazing attractions that still had over five years before needing an update.

mpaul32001

:D Because Disney likes to promote tired franchises. TK and AE were both innovative, amazing attractions that still had over five years before needing an update.

Well, I think Timekeeper at least needed the spruced up storyline, and maybe a refurb for the animatronics. I remember when it reopened for it's last few days it was in moderate condition. 9 Eye's lights in her eyes didn't work, and I think the Timekeeper had some issues too. In that period it was open in the end, it didn't gather very large crowds. I'm pretty sure it was on the map and times guides as well.

The new storyline or at least new footage also would have fixed the September 11th Problem with the year stuck in 2001 for the present time. I think this is also one of the reasons for it's imminent closure...they didn't want to refilm anything.

Don't get me wrong, I would have been ALL FOR keeping the Timekeeper around!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom