WDI Changes their minds again... Harry Potter News

Blake

I'm gonna go with most and say the Studios would be the only place i'd like to see it. Fantasyland is for Disney characters IMO and Harry Potter just doesn't fit into the whole Magic Kingdom thing...

Senderella

Originally posted by daksimba
But the "trolls" are an image of the history of Norway. It is a definition of the seafaring of old.

Harry Potter is still just at "fad" status, and not an intergal part of the British culture.

Maybe in a hundred years Harry Potter would fit in a England at Disney, but not now.

Man.... I hate disagreeing with anything Potter, but I have to agree with you. I absolutely LOVE Potter. I wouldn't complain if they did decide to do a Potter anything at any of the parks (I might actually pack my happy butt up and move to Florida then! What more could I ask for? Potter AND Disney *droooool* :p ) It really wouldn't fit at Epcot, World or Animal. You're right. It is too much of a popular craze right now. Building a huge Hogwarts would probably be too much money and not be versatle enough to do something with after it faded (hopin that never happens obviously). At least with all of the newer things they can revamp it to something completely different more or less. LOL I wish they'd do a Potterland! Now THAT would be cool! :hammer:

Sen The Harry Potter Addict
:goodnevil

Senderella

Originally posted by NowInc
Im still in much doubt we will ever see a harry potter ride :)

LOL You're probably more than right but don't rain on my dream man!! hehehe I can't really see an HP RIDE... what would it be quiddich? not much else unless its like haunted mansion... a ride through of Hogwarts???

Sen

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by NowInc
Im still in much doubt we will ever see a harry potter ride :)

Really, with all those possible merchandising opportunities?

I can see it now, a dumbo clone where you sit on suspended brooms housed in a Hogwarts industrial scale merchandising emporium, ride cost small revenue large. The New Disney way.

barnum42

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I do not know how much room they have behind England at the World Showcase... but wouldn't it be neat to see a huge Hogwarts building behind England that will have a Harry Potter attraction in it?
The castle rising above the UK pavilion would be quite a sight.

barnum42

Re: How about Animal Kingdom?

Originally posted by PeterAlt
I know at first Animal Kingdom sounds more out of place than EPCOT, BUT....

If AK is getting Beastly Kingdom, with its unicorns, dragons, and its "twisted tower" landmark, then a Harry Potter attraction with wizards would fit perfectly!
It may depend on the story of the ride. If it dealt with the Care of Magical Creatures lessons then I think you are on to a winner.

Danijo

HP at WDW?

Speaking as a HUGE Harry Potter fan and HUGE Disney fan, I don't think this is a good idea. While it would be fun to have some kind of HP attraction at a theme park somewhere, I just can't see it happening at WDW or DL. I don't think it really fits anywhere in the World and moreover I'm not sure Disney should be promoting at WB product. And, forgive me, but I'd be too afraid of what they would do to my beloved Harry & friends.

FigmentJedi

Originally posted by Senderella
LOL You're probably more than right but don't rain on my dream man!! hehehe I can't really see an HP RIDE... what would it be quiddich? not much else unless its like haunted mansion... a ride through of Hogwarts???

Sen
And they could use the Hogwarts school anthem as the theme song! Hogwarts! Hogwarts! Hoggy,Hoggy,Warts,Warts.

Tim G

Originally posted by wdwfan22
My crystal ball tells me that....Harry Potter isn’t coming to Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Of course crystal balls have been known to be wrong.
Your Crystal Ball is right!

Tim G

Originally posted by General Grizz
EPCOT is no place for Harry Potter. Nor is the Magic Kingdom.
We couldn't even cram it somewhere in between...

Jeez, Grizz !!! .... I agree with you... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plus, I think 20K already has plans far outside of a Harry Potter attraction.
Indeed, 20K has got a whole different future...

Mateo1721

I know this might get some people very angry, but why don't they incorporate the Harry Potter ride with the imagination pavilion. Since they changed the ride there, they have really gone away from the literary aspect of imagination. The old ride used to have a section that dealt with all aspects of imagination, including reading. Maybe they can figure out a way to theme a Harry Potter ride and relate it to imagination. Just a suggestion, I would really like epcot to get some fresh, new rides as it is my favorite park. Maybe I'm biased :)

PeterAlt

Originally posted by Mateo1721
I know this might get some people very angry, but why don't they incorporate the Harry Potter ride with the imagination pavilion. Since they changed the ride there, they have really gone away from the literary aspect of imagination. The old ride used to have a section that dealt with all aspects of imagination, including reading. Maybe they can figure out a way to theme a Harry Potter ride and relate it to imagination. Just a suggestion, I would really like epcot to get some fresh, new rides as it is my favorite park. Maybe I'm biased :)

Why would we be angry? That's your opinion, and a real good one at that! I agree whole-heartedly! Harry Potter would fit perfectly in Imagination... as a demonstration of what our imaginations can conjure up! Besides the Imagination ride must go. It's an embarassment for EPCOT, WDW, and the entire Walt Disney Company!

raven

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
I don't know about everyone else, but I just don't see an attraction like that in a Walt Disney World theme park...

:(

You are right. Why would Disney spend millions of dollars on an attraction that isn't even Disney? I just don't see it happening. If they are going to do that, might as well add Shreck and the Olson Twins too.

See what I'm saying? Just doesn't make sense.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by PeterAlt
Why would we be angry?

i dont know what you're talking about- I KNOW IM ED!!!

haha, just messin with ya.

it's a neat idea, but i think it might be just a little too big of a stretch.. if placing the ride in an england section of the park is already too much of a stretch for the imagineers.. i don't see them using the imagination pavillion as an alternative.

i also agree with those who didnt want to see it at MK.. its just not right.. it would be totally out of place. lets keep fantasyland just disney characters..

finally, to those that suggested AK--
..the only way a land based on mythical creatures would work is if it were just that: a land on mythical creatures. As you said, that would include unicorns.. dragons.. etc. [different types of mythical ANIMALS] ..to bring in harry potter would be to bring in a mythical PERSON.. its not the same.. c'mon now.. harry potter.. in a park based on extinct, current, and imaginary ANIMALS.. it just doesn't work.

thanks for playing though! lol..

as others have said.. if this project would EVER get off the ground.. the only logical place would be mgm

-however england at epcot is not an out of the question alternative.

..that is all.:cool:

Senderella

i also agree with those who didnt want to see it at MK.. its just not right.. it would be totally out of place. lets keep fantasyland just disney characters..

No but another poster had the right idea. MGM. LOL Duh me! :hammer: Last time I checked Aerosmith definately wasn't Disney! Neither was Star Wars or Indiana Jones! ahaaaaaaa! I think we're closer to opening the Chamber of Secrets guys!

Sen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom