WDI Changes their minds again... Harry Potter News

imagineersrock

Originally posted by Senderella
No but another poster had the right idea. MGM. LOL Duh me! :hammer: Last time I checked Aerosmith definately wasn't Disney! Neither was Star Wars or Indiana Jones! ahaaaaaaa! I think we're closer to opening the Chamber of Secrets guys!

well uhmm.... i have no idea what you just said there..

but if you were trying to say that harry potter would not fit in alongside the classic disney characters of fantasyland at MK, but rather at a theme park that is based on various aspects of the entertainment industry including mega-hits such as Aerosmith, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, and that the massive HP franchise would fit right in there...

then I completely agree with you.

:cool:

imagineer boy

Originally posted by wdwfan22
My crystal ball tells me that....Harry Potter isn’t coming to Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Of course crystal balls have been known to be wrong.

Why don't you try using tea leaves?:lol:

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Heck, I use this thing... it's like, called a cell phone. It does the job. Though, that e-mail thing works well too.

And I ask once again, "Who are you Corrus?"

ScrapIron

Originally posted by raven
You are right. Why would Disney spend millions of dollars on an attraction that isn't even Disney?
See what I'm saying? Just doesn't make sense.

I think Star Tours and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye speak for themselves.

It's not like anyone at the Disney company actually created the characters of Peter Pan, Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Tarzan, Snow White, et al.

HMFan

Originally posted by ScrapIron
I think Star Tours and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye speak for themselves.
But they were all marketed or partly produced by MGM, hence why it used to be the MGM/Disney Studios, so the relationship was already there.

It's not like anyone at the Disney company actually created the characters of Peter Pan, Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, Tarzan, Snow White, et al.
You are absolutely right, they didn't, but Disney did turn them into animated classics.

And as I stated on another thread about the issue, Warner Brothers still owns the theme park rights to Harry Potter, despite what Bob Gault said to his team about "Disney has that wrapped up".

Tim G

Originally posted by Bill
Heck, I use this thing... it's like, called a cell phone. It does the job. Though, that e-mail thing works well too.

And I ask once again, "Who are you Corrus?"
Who me??

First, this wasn't a question, but more a demand...

So don't push me...

You want me to tell what kind of job I'm in...
Well... dream on... I won't tell, even better I can't tell...

As I said once in other threads, I love my job too much...

Some of the forum members know what I do, and I think that's enough...

Senderella

Originally posted by imagineersrock
well uhmm.... i have no idea what you just said there..

but if you were trying to say that harry potter would not fit in alongside the classic disney characters of fantasyland at MK, but rather at a theme park that is based on various aspects of the entertainment industry including mega-hits such as Aerosmith, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, and that the massive HP franchise would fit right in there...

then I completely agree with you.

:cool:

LOL Thats exactly what I said. Sorry if it was vague. Not too elloquent with words immediately after I've rolled out of bed. hehe Sorry for the confusion!

Sen
:goodnevil

MagicalMonorail

Originally posted by Corrus
Who me??

So don't push me...

Well that's not really obvious. :lookaroun

(Drips with Sarcasm)

cloudboy

No, but their versions of the tales were definitely their own creations. I don't really think any Disney animated themed rides should go into Fantasyland until they have stood the test of time and become classics. Defintely Lion King and Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

On the topic of Warner Brothers, do they own any parks here in the US?

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Corrus
Who me??

So don't push me...

Oh, but I will push you Corrus. We ALL want to know who you are & what you do. It's like our job. :lol:

No, I wasn't demanding, I was only asking for a response to my question. I asked you earlier in this thread, and, well, got no response. So, I was only asking again, because I thoght that perhaps, you missed it the first time I asked.

Shaman

Does Disney have the rights to make rides based on the movies or just the books? Because if they only have the rights to make a ride on the books...thats only going to contradict the popular movies....thats the only issue I have with potter...I wouldn't be sad if it didn't get built...but heck its nice to hear about new stuff...

I think it would have fit at the UK pavilion...they had space...the other place I see it going is not in MK...but at The Studios....

BTW thanks Bill for the new info!

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
All I know is Disney has the rights to build the Harry Potter Attractions. That is all I know. sorry.

Dizknee_Phreek

i think an HP attraction would fit MUCH better in MGM! i just can't imagine seeing Harry in either MK or Epcot. but i can see it going on Mickey Ave. (i think that's what it's called...the street that Millionaire is on) or around the Hunchback theatre area...or heck, even the animation studio since no one's in it.

HMFan

Originally posted by Bill
All I know is Disney has the rights to build the Harry Potter Attractions. That is all I know. sorry.
Again, I don't know how as Warner Brothers still has the theme parks rights.

HMFan

Originally posted by cloudboy
On the topic of Warner Brothers, do they own any parks here in the US?
No, the only place that Warner Brothers have actual theme parks is Austrailia, Spain, and Germany. Although they have licensed characters, movies, etc, out to Six Flags here in the States.

Kwit35

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I do not know how much room they have behind England at the World Showcase... but wouldn't it be neat to see a huge Hogwarts building behind England that will have a Harry Potter attraction in it? I don't know, that's just my thoughts. I wouldn't want it in Fantasy Land. To me, Fantasy Land is for Disney characters... traditional characters. That's just my opinion.

If they can put Marry Poppins in England and Trolls in Norway, they can add Potter too. Harry has been around awefully long to be just a fad, plus he has become a part of English history. Even the queen reads Harry and can go up against any kid with the trivia. Hogwarts would look soooo cool back there behind the gardens.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in MGM. :(
I will come to see anything Potter, no matter where it is. Love him almost as much as Mickey.
:animwink:

cloudboy

Marry Poppins in England??? What am I missing????

How long has Harry Potter been around? I only thought it was about 7 or 8 years. Then again I wouldn't have paid any attention to it if it was around longer.

Kwit35

Originally posted by cloudboy
Marry Poppins in England??? What am I missing????

How long has Harry Potter been around? I only thought it was about 7 or 8 years. Then again I wouldn't have paid any attention to it if it was around longer.
Everytime we are in England (at Epcot) there is a meet and great with Mary Poppins. Also, 7 or 8 years is a long time for "just a fad". I think Mr. Potter will be around for quite a long time. Just like LOTR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom