WDI’s Twister Ride System

JIMINYCR

I had to take a Dramamine just to read this.

:D:D I think it looks cool, something I would like to ride. BUUUT my first thought was .... A ride where the first comments we hear once it starts up will be :confused: .. It made me sick. I had an intense headache after riding it. My wife immediatley had to sit on a bench and was feeling ill the rest of the day. It made me barf. ...... All the comments we got from the beginnings of MS..... So will we start off immediately with the options of intense and less intense versions?;)

Sped2424

Yes, especially if it meant updating or removing the Oz scene in the GMR. :) Hate that.
what! :eek: I love the wicked witch aa lol but I would love a new oz ride based off the new franchise, I think it would be really cool but I don't know how the planes would fit in with the world of oz, hot air balloons on the other hand.

n2hifi

Planes was suppose to be release straight to DVD but Cars 2 did so well they decided to show it on the big screen. Second rate film.

Wow! I always thought Cars 2 was a bomb since the reviews were not great and most people I talked to hated it (including my kids). Never realized it made like $550 million (that's a Wikipedia number so don't quote me on it).

I always liked Cars and enjoyed Cars 2. I especially liked the passion of the creators to do their research and make it feel authentic from a detail perspective. I'll be curious to see if a different team can pull that off or if it's just a knee-jerk, crank it out sequel.

rle4lunch

:D:D I think it looks cool, something I would like to ride. BUUUT my first thought was .... A ride where the first comments we hear once it starts up will be :confused: .. It made me sick. I had an intense headache after riding it. My wife immediatley had to sit on a bench and was feeling ill the rest of the day. It made me barf. ...... All the comments we got from the beginnings of MS..... So will we start off immediately with the options of intense and less intense versions?;)

If there is ONE thing that Disney desparately needs, is a more diverse set of attractions for older folks to enjoy as well. They've made great strides with MS (the green ride version is a waste of time though), EE, Soarin (although a decade old now), RR at DHS, ToT, Indiana Jones at DL and California Screamin at DAC, BUUTTT, all the parks sub 10 year old and under attractions vastly outnumber them.

I enjoy the craftmanship of the dark rides, and I know they're not meant to be heartstopping rides, and love going on them but I really think that there are key demographics being left out of the equation. Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey hammers this home. That's such a well put together ride it really doesn't belong in Universal Studios (shut up Uni fanbois), it outpaces everything in that park. The detail and excitement that the ride brings is exactly what Disney needs to incorporate. Sure, kids too small can't ride it, and it makes people queezy sometimes, but you know what, kids that couldn't ride it will be clamoring to come back to the park to ride it in a year or so, creating more repeat business. The anticipation that they'll have from everyone elses reactions (including their family members who did ride it) will make sure they keep badgering their parents to go back to the park as soon as he/she is tall enough.

Disney's kiddie rides have been done to death. Yes, I know its their bread and butter, but there is such a missed opportunity with not offering more diverse ride choices. Throw Indy in Dinosaur's building at DAK, update Soarin to 2.0, add something, ANYTHING, to Epcot (gut Spaceship Earth and start from scratch with something that lets people with an IQ over 60 enjoy and learn from for starters), and for God's sake give us a decent Star Wars ride at DHS. And while you're at it, tell Cameron to shove his blue alien bunnies where the sun don't shine.

Adam5897

Just remember guys Toy story 2 was supposed to go to direct DVD release too and they changed it a few months before and it ended up being one of the best Pixar movies. I have been looking around a lot to see what info I can get on this and It sounds like its going to be pretty good, not really good though. I'm still looking forward to it, might as well give it a chance. And if they do make a planes attraction it should go in Condor Flats in California Adventure, it would actually make sense there and there would then be more than one ride in that land (Soarin).

FigmentJedi

gut Spaceship Earth and start from scratch with something that lets people with an IQ over 60 enjoy and learn from for starters)
Spaceship Earth can't get a "start from scratch" gutting. The ride system and the structural support of the sphere are so interconnected that you'd basically have to tear down the entire thing and rebuild it. That's why Spaceship Earth was spared from the stupid Time Riders thrill ride concept.

All SSE needs is a less condescending script by a better narrator and an actual ending instead of "JibJab presents A Crappy Flash Cartoon That Vaguely Looks Like Meet the Robinsons"

rle4lunch

Spaceship Earth can't get a "start from scratch" gutting. The ride system and the structural support of the sphere are so interconnected that you'd basically have to tear down the entire thing and rebuild it. That's why Spaceship Earth was spared from the stupid Time Riders thrill ride concept.

All SSE needs is a less condescending script by a better narrator and an actual ending instead of "JibJab presents A Crappy Flash Cartoon That Vaguely Looks Like Meet the Robinsons"

I know it can't be gutter per se, but man it needs some help. I finally rode it again this past Christmas after not riding it for 15 years. What a joke that ride has become. And what seems like 5 minutes of silence on the descent is for lack of a better word, ridiculous.

RSoxNo1

And Dane Cook sucks.
With regards to the Jon Cryer to Dane Cook change, I got an explanation from Jim Hill that will be included as part of an upcoming episode of Rediscovering the Magic. The explanation was essentially that they needed the character to be more of a D-Bag, and Jon Cryer couldn't pull it off. If that's the case, Dane Cook is a very obvious choice.

the.dreamfinder

I WANT PORCO ROSSO!!!!!!!
porco-rosso-wallpaper-.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone know when Planes went into production? I keep seeing articles that try to tie this to Planes, but the patent was filed in December of 2010, and if we figure at least a year of development before it was filed it seems that this would have been in the works before Planes even started production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom