Water bottle filters

wvdisneyfamily

Hi everyone! We just made our June reservations today! I'm pumped. I decided to get useful Disney objects for stocking stuffers this year. One of the things I would like to get is a water bottle filter. I've read several posts that mention them, but I've never seen anything specific as to what brands, prices, where to buy, etc... What water bottle filters do you use? Where do you get them, and how much are they?

tigsmom

Hi everyone! We just made our June reservations today! I'm pumped. I decided to get useful Disney objects for stocking stuffers this year. One of the things I would like to get is a water bottle filter. I've read several posts that mention them, but I've never seen anything specific as to what brands, prices, where to buy, etc... What water bottle filters do you use? Where do you get them, and how much are they?

We used to use Britta, but they don't make them anymore.

Here is a list...

http://coffeetea.about.com/od/water/tp/waterbottles.htm

Upvote 0

jasondiff

We used Brita before too, when they were available. Now instead of worrying about a filter to make the water fountain water taste better, we use any of the numerous flavoring packets (crystal light, lipton, true lemon, 4C all make them) to give it some flavor.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We used Brita before too, when they were available. Now instead of worrying about a filter to make the water fountain water taste better, we use any of the numerous flavoring packets (crystal light, lipton, true lemon, 4C all make them) to give it some flavor.

Thats what we do too :lol:

Upvote 0

aj_steig

Hi everyone!

This forum was from last September, so I was curious to know if anyone had any updated information on where to find good water bottle filters. I've seen people mention that Brita made some, but I don't think they sell them anymore. I checked some of the chain stores (target, walmart) didn't have much luck and the sports shops selling them at almost $40 per bottle (for the actual bottle and a filter, not the replacement filters). Does anyone have any ideas or new info to share?

Thanks so much!:wave:

Upvote 0

Boray

I know you said you already checked the chain stores, but I found one at Target last weekend. (My husband talked me out of buying it because it was $9.99 with $6.99 filter refills.) Anyway, I found it near the food plastic containers (Rubbermaid, Sterilite, etc.). It was literally wedged between the different containers, so it was easily overlooked. I don't remember the brand name, but it was in a med. blue and kelly green color scheme and it holds 20 oz of liquid. I just looked on Target.com, but it wasn't there, so you'll have to go into the store to find it. If I go to Target in the next day or so, which is very possible, I'll make note of the brand name and post it here.

Just wanted to let you know that Target (here, on the west side of Madison) does carry a more reasonably priced filtered water bottle than you have apparantly found. Good luck and I'll try to remember to get more details on this bottle for you. :wave:

Upvote 0

aj_steig

I know you said you already checked the chain stores, but I found one at Target last weekend. (My husband talked me out of buying it because it was $9.99 with $6.99 filter refills.) Anyway, I found it near the food plastic containers (Rubbermaid, Sterilite, etc.). It was literally wedged between the different containers, so it was easily overlooked. I don't remember the brand name, but it was in a med. blue and kelly green color scheme and it holds 20 oz of liquid. I just looked on Target.com, but it wasn't there, so you'll have to go into the store to find it. If I go to Target in the next day or so, which is very possible, I'll make note of the brand name and post it here.

Just wanted to let you know that Target (here, on the west side of Madison) does carry a more reasonably priced filtered water bottle than you have apparantly found. Good luck and I'll try to remember to get more details on this bottle for you. :wave:

Thank you very much for the info!! I apparently wasn't looking in the right place, I just checked sporting goods and camping, so maybe I will have to check that department.

Thanks again! I'll let you know if I find it!

Upvote 0

adamcav

Affordable Filtered Bottles

Just got back and used the 27oz version of the bottles below all week. Worked great. Removed the bad taste. The only issue, as would be with any filtered bottle, is that they can be hard to squeeze as you have to force the water through the filter. Nothing to make it a deal breaker, but may not be suitable for someone with arthritis or a similar strength issue.

http://www.filtersfast.com/Filters-Fast-16oz-Filtered-Water-Bottle.asp

http://www.filtersfast.com/FiltersFast-27-ounce-Filter-Bottle.asp

Another plus, especially with an infant and an expectant mother, is that these bottles are BPA free. The jury is still out on the BPA issue, but better safe than sorry.

:wave:

Upvote 0

aj_steig

Just got back and used the 27oz version of the bottles below all week. Worked great. Removed the bad taste. The only issue, as would be with any filtered bottle, is that they can be hard to squeeze as you have to force the water through the filter. Nothing to make it a deal breaker, but may not be suitable for someone with arthritis or a similar strength issue.

http://www.filtersfast.com/Filters-Fast-16oz-Filtered-Water-Bottle.asp

http://www.filtersfast.com/FiltersFast-27-ounce-Filter-Bottle.asp

Another plus, especially with an infant and an expectant mother, is that these bottles are BPA free. The jury is still out on the BPA issue, but better safe than sorry.

:wave:

Awesome!! Thank you!:wave:

Upvote 0

aj_steig

Well, looks like I will be ordering online. I checked both Walmart and Target again this evening, and still didn't have any luck. Oh well, at least I tried! :eek:

Thanks again for the recommendations!!

Upvote 0

disneypearl

I do this too but I like Propel packets the best. I have a water bottle with a filter in it. I have never taken it to WDW because I never wanted to carry it around. The packets seem to work well because sometimes I will just order an ice water with my meal. The type of water filter bottle I have is Outback - Bota of Boulder. It is made in Boulder, Colorado.

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

I do this too but I like Propel packets the best. I have a water bottle with a filter in it. I have never taken it to WDW because I never wanted to carry it around. The packets seem to work well because sometimes I will just order an ice water with my meal. The type of water filter bottle I have is Outback - Bota of Boulder. It is made in Boulder, Colorado.

I am a fan of the Hawaiin Punch Sugar Free packets(grape :slurp: ).Only 5 calories per packet and they have a better taste than the Wylers or Crystal Light.I haven't tried the propel yet though.

Upvote 0

lac628

Nothing against you guys, but I would rather spend the money on their bottled water. You would not catch me drinking any tap water at WDW.I tasted it once...:hurl:. I just don't think a water bottle filter would be sufficient for me. I also prefer my water ice cold. FL tap water is FAR from ice cold!

Upvote 0

LivinWitTheLand

Target & Amazon

We purchased bio-degradable plastic(esq) bottles off amazon.com that had filters built in. They worked great. You would have never known the bottles were made from corn as they were sturdier than actual plastic in my opinion. We were constantly throwing them in my backpack and they never got crushed.

This year we are trying the bottles and filters made by Fitlife that Target carries.

I would really recommend the ones of Amazon. They filtered that strange Florida taste right out of the water.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
We purchased bio-degradable plastic(esq) bottles off amazon.com that had filters built in. They worked great. You would have never known the bottles were made from corn as they were sturdier than actual plastic in my opinion. We were constantly throwing them in my backpack and they never got crushed.

This year we are trying the bottles and filters made by Fitlife that Target carries.

I would really recommend the ones of Amazon. They filtered that strange Florida taste right out of the water.

Do you possibly have a link on Amazon or maybe the product's name? I'd be very interested in purchasing a few of these just for my everyday life!

Upvote 0

disneypearl

I am a fan of the Hawaiin Punch Sugar Free packets(grape :slurp: ).Only 5 calories per packet and they have a better taste than the Wylers or Crystal Light.I haven't tried the propel yet though.

I have not tried the Hawaiin Punch packets. I may give it a try but Propel is pretty good! They have grape, berry, and lemon flavored. They may sell other flavors but those are the ones I have. I think they have about 10 calories per packet so that is not too bad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom