Was it a bad idea to turn M2M into a pizza parlor?

Was it a bad idea to turn Mission to Mars into a Pizza Parlor?

• Total voters

TROR

After getting back from DL, Tomorrowland was our least visited section of both parks minus Toontown because I don’t count that.
Only good thing I'll say about Tomorrowland, besides Space Mountain, and Pizza Port is that you can get free refills there. I think the only other place you can do that is Rancho del Zocalo. That alone actually makes it a worthy replacement of an attraction.

Shigg. W. McGee

I wish Tomorrowland was fun.
When someone says there's nothing fun in Tomorrowland
DZiplxnU0AAIaVQ.jpg

TP2000

I wish Tomorrowland was fun.

Exactly. The place is just a sad, disjointed mess. The irony is that it's crowded and messy because two popular E Tickets are there (Space, Star Tours) with a smattering of other decent rides (Subs, Autopia, Buzz, Rocketjets, Monorail). But all together its just sad and messy, loud and dingy, and a very poorly executed land.

And whatever "story" they are telling in that land is simply 20 years of failed updates and cheap overlays, flopped all over each other.

Tomorrowland needs to bring back capes.

60s-space.jpg

That's the exact optimistic spirit Tomorrowland lacks, and that it desperately needs. Especially 10 months from now once Star Wars Land opens and sucks the remaining zest out of the land with Launch Bay closing and Star Wars characters going away.

Phroobar

That's the exact optimistic spirit Tomorrowland lacks, and that it desperately needs. Especially 10 months from now once Star Wars Land opens and sucks the remaining zest out of the land with Launch Bay closing and Star Wars characters going away.
I agree it is the 50s optimistic look at the future would be pretty cool for Tomorrowland however I don't think most people could relate to it anymore. Back when Disneyland was build, Disney stood for white middle class people's culture and values in their movies. Now that doesn't work as well anymore. We are too divided in little tribes to present a unified view of the future. Disney needs something more inclusive of other ethnicity and cultures. That's a really hard target to hit in a theme park. Even recent Star Trek has problems doing that.

TROR

I agree it is the 50s optimistic look at the future would be pretty cool for Tomorrowland however I don't think most people could relate to it anymore. Back when Disneyland was build, Disney stood for white middle class people's culture and values in their movies. Now that doesn't work as well anymore. We are too divided in little tribes to present a unified view of the future. Disney needs something more inclusive of other ethnicity and cultures. That's a really hard target to hit in a theme park. Even recent Star Trek has problems doing that.
As a white middle class man, I miss this.

TP2000

As a white man, I could care less if the Tomorrowland Spaceman and Spacegirl were white. They were white in 1960 because the racial makeup of Orange County was 95% white then, compared to 61% white today. The Tomorrowland spaceman and spacegirl were just local Orange County kids working at Disneyland, after all, so obviously the vast majority of them would be white in 1960.

Make the spacegirl Asian and make the spaceman black, I could care less. Just make them look like clean cut and happy and healthy Americans who are optimistic about the future and who don't mind posing for pictures.

Last edited:

TROR

Nobody wants to embrace our nation's history or the ideals that have made us great. Returning to its roots is what Disneyland needs but they'll never do it out of fear of pushback from their communist fanbase. Sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom