Was Fire Mountain A Real Concept?

CaptainJackNO

I would much rather see this kind of effort into improving DHS than another addition to MK. Concept seemed kind of cool, but another coaster??

cheezbat

I would much rather see this kind of effort into improving DHS than another addition to MK. Concept seemed kind of cool, but another coaster??

While I agree with you, if this was built for MKs 50th anniversary, then MK is the park that should be getting it, especially seeing as how by that time it will have been 28 years since MKs last E ticket attraction. I think it's time for another.

Sped2424

Fire Mountain as many stated was a very real concept, I even believe they went as far as doing balloon height testing to see how the Volcano would impact sight lines around the park. Sadly its just one of those things that never came to be. Our adventure land is desperately in need of some new attraction, of the eticket caliber. Also this thread is about fire mountain so if we could keep the I would rather have them fix (Enter your park of choice here) to minimum that would be cool.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How cool would it be with force perspective to create things behind the countries, like they did with the Eiffel Tower?
Just imagine....

image.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Awesome, what I wouldn't give to see that model (never mind see it be built!)

In it Switzerland sits between Italy and Germany. Geographically correct! That feels both weird and natural, almost creating a three-country subland.

ep2.jpg

epcot-fuji.png

Of course, that is all classic WDW. Current TWDC is doing the exact reverse. No attractions, not behind the countries, no expansion. Instead, bars and restaurants, in front of the countries, cluttering up the place and destroying the views to and from the lagoon.

Fable McCloud

Sorry, I'm at work so I'm bouncing between customers and the computer. :oops: I MEANT Fire Mountain...So a volcanic themed coaster huh? That could have been neat somewhere like AK...

Fable McCloud

Awesome, what I wouldn't give to see that model (never mind see it be built!)

In it Switzerland sits between Italy and Germany. Geographically correct! That feels both weird and natural, almost creating a three-country subland.

ep2.jpg

epcot-fuji.png

Of course, that is all classic WDW. Current TWDC is doing the exact reverse. No attractions, not behind the countries, no expansion. Instead, bars and restaurants, in front of the countries, cluttering up the place and destroying the views to and from the lagoon.

That's so pretty! I wish they added more to do in the countries than eat and shop. I like the idea of some attractions in World Showcase. Dark rides, roller coasters, something. It's not that WS is boring, but I don't wanna eat all the time or just shop. There's a lot they could do if they got some really creative people in there to collaborate.

Matt_Black

That's so pretty! I wish they added more to do in the countries than eat and shop. I like the idea of some attractions in World Showcase. Dark rides, roller coasters, something. It's not that WS is boring, but I don't wanna eat all the time or just shop. There's a lot they could do if they got some really creative people in there to collaborate.

Well, almost every pavilion has some form of entertainment as well. Mariachi band in Mexico, tumblers in China, British Revolution in UK, etc.

AllyInWonderland

Hmmm, here's a thought: you know how Universal is building a Gringotts attraction, with a giant AA dragon on top of the roof roaring at people? Perhaps Disney could counter that with the Bald Mountain idea - build a huge mountain ride with cool AAs of various Disney villians inside - everyone from Scar to Jafar to Hades to Maleficent - and a giant AA of Chernobog from Fantasia could be on top of it, glowering and opening his wings and messing with fire and smoke and so on. It could be built in the new Enchanted Forest area. That could be so awesome...
Well I think Disney still has part of the Chernabog float from SpectroMagic, so they could put him to use there.

FigmentJedi

Part of what killed it was that it was going to be Atlantis the Lost Empire themed. When the movie tanked, Fire Mountain went with it.

Damn shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom