WANTED!!! The real 411 on Coronado Springs

WDWiz318

Hello fellow Disney fanatics,

I'm pretty sure I saw a post a few weeks from another member on CS but I was hoping to get my own info on the resort. I know over the last year that total room renovations took place, so there's no question on room set-up or how it looks, I've seen the pics & it looks like you're getting you're moneys worth.

I've read a few mixed reactions on past discussions that to me seems like CS is a love it or hate it type resort. What I'm asking for is you're experiences, whether good or bad, to help me decide if this is a resort I might want to stay at.

Besides your experiences, my main questions are:

1. I know they have a huge business center there, so that is a small concern but is it a big deal & do you suggest that I contact the resort & find out if they are indeed holding a conference there the week of my trip?
2. Is it better to be near the food court & such or a little secluded (I know this 1 may be a personal preference question)?
3. I saw a few bus stops on a resort map, do the buses here run similar to the ones at CBR where they go to each little stop?

That's really it, anything else you guys may beable to add will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hello fellow Disney fanatics,

I'm pretty sure I saw a post a few weeks from another member on CS but I was hoping to get my own info on the resort. I know over the last year that total room renovations took place, so there's no question on room set-up or how it looks, I've seen the pics & it looks like you're getting you're moneys worth.

I've read a few mixed reactions on past discussions that to me seems like CS is a love it or hate it type resort. What I'm asking for is you're experiences, whether good or bad, to help me decide if this is a resort I might want to stay at.

Besides your experiences, my main questions are:

1. I know they have a huge business center there, so that is a small concern but is it a big deal & do you suggest that I contact the resort & find out if they are indeed holding a conference there the week of my trip?
2. Is it better to be near the food court & such or a little secluded (I know this 1 may be a personal preference question)?
3. I saw a few bus stops on a resort map, do the buses here run similar to the ones at CBR where they go to each little stop?

That's really it, anything else you guys may beable to add will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1.The conference center is not as big of a deal as most people will make it out to be. The worst effect it will occasionally have is that the food court can get packed out at odd times and you might see a guest wearing a suit with a name badge. (of the horror!!!)

2. All depends on what you want. If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle then get a room away from the lobby. If you plan on using the food courts daily then you will want a room close to the lobby.

3. Buss system is nearly identical to the one at CBR with multiple stops and the buss will make the typical loop around the resort.

My only beef with CS is the size of the resort. If you are not located next to the lobby/food court and you need to get there it can be quite a haul. Also the food at the food court can be a bit polarizing. You will either love it or hate it. I have found kids and picky eaters tend to favor the hate it side.

Upvote 0

corey154

In my opinion, the only time the conferences interfere with you is late at night when a group gets a little tipsy and they can be loud as they walk back to their rooms....I was at a conference there one time and I was with some of the tipsy guest...lol.

I personally like to be close to the food court as the walk seems like forever after a long day at the parks....you can hop off at a bus closer to your room but if you want to refill your drinks and grab a snack before returning to your room...it can be a hike.

Upvote 0

TinkSassy

It can pack the food court if you don't get an early start. However, we had less noise than some other resorts because there are less kids. A conference being there shouldn't affect you too much.

My preference is Cabanas 9B - easy walk to the main building, main pool and a bus stop. The buses stop last at the front so they can take you around to the food court if you choose a room toward the back of the property. We were also met at night with golf carts at the main building shuttling people back to their rooms. The only rooms that might not feel secluded would be the Casitas that are attached to the Conference center. The plus on these is that you have cover to get to the main building if it rains.

They do stop at each place. Some buses start at the main building and others end there - I forget which. They can shuttle you back and forth to the front building so you don't have to walk every time.

Overall - I loved this resort. One of the perks of it being a convention hotel is that Disney places their bus stop at the closest point at all the parks. I have to admit I'm a value girl usually so I felt spoiled that I never had to stand on the buses - and it was Christmas!!!

Upvote 0

peterpanic74

My DW and I really loved CS when we stayed there in Sept 06. As very active people who walk a lot on a daily basis, we've always been perplexed by the complaints about the size of the resort. Yes, you have to walk between areas, so? I guess if you're not used to walking daily...

Anyway, to address your questions:

1. We hardly noticed any effect from the conferences going on while we were there. Perhaps we just got lucky. We spent most of our days in the parks, so we didn't see many conventioneers around the resort. Certainly didn't see anyone in a suit, usually khaki's and polo shirts.
2. The closest rooms to the food court are the casitas, which are the least appealing section of the resort, IMHO. We loved staying at the cabanas. A couple of the buildings are just a short walk from El Centro (check-in, restaurants, shops, etc.), as well as being close to the main pool and the Cabanas bus stop. 9A and 9B are a great location! Ranchos are pretty far away.
3. 4 bus stops: El Centro - Casitas - Ranchos- Cabanas, or Casitas-Ranchos-Cabanas-El Centro. In either case, cabanas are the last or second last stop. We had excellent bus service while we were there.

I HIGHLY recommend Coronado Springs, in spite of the bad rep it has in some circles. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
:D

Upvote 0

WDWiz318

Original Poster
All this feedback is greatly appreciated. Based upon the amount of positive responses for CS, we ultimately have decided to stay here on our next trip. Thanks to all those that replied & to all those that still may.

Upvote 0

val1756

CS is our favorite resort, we like it better than any of the deluxe resorts we have stayed at. We like walking, so we prefer staying on the backside of the resort. It's very relaxing, the hammocks on the beach make me feel like I am at a resort in Mexico.
That being said, depending on the convention group, it can be a somewhat rowdy crowd. One year a particular group was extremely loud late into the night and left broken beer bottles scattered over the sidewalks and by the pool. I think that may be a somewhat isolated experience, and a cast member repairing a bench that they had broken said they have caused so much trouble that they were already told they will not be permitted to use the convention center again. All of our other visits have been quite pleasant.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The convention groups have never bothered, the two times I've stayed there. I find them quite friendly, at least the two groups I chatted with in the Rix Lounge on two separate occasions.

Being close to the lobby isn't such a big deal to me. I always ask for a room close to a bus stop, simply because after a long day and night at the parks, I want to be able to hop off the bus and be close to my room so I can crash. The buses always make all the little stops around the resort.

In terms of getting around the resort, I've seen CM's picking up guests in golf carts and giving them rides many time times.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

1. I know they have a huge business center there, so that is a small concern but is it a big deal & do you suggest that I contact the resort & find out if they are indeed holding a conference there the week of my trip? You will find a convention list on my website below. The resort will not disclose convention information to guests. The only issue I've encountered is that the food court can get crowded at the conventional times for lunch and dinner. But unless you plan on eating every meal at the resort, it should be a concern. CSR is not the only WDW convention resort. The GF, Cont, BW, Y&BC as well as the Swan & Dolphin are too.

2. Is it better to be near the food court & such or a little secluded (I know this 1 may be a personal preference question)? Yes, I agree. Its a personal choice. I like the cabanas because they are close to everything.

3. I saw a few bus stops on a resort map, do the buses here run similar to the ones at CBR where they go to each little stop? Yes, the buses go to each bus stop but park buses start at stop #2 (casitas), then go to #3 (ranchos), #4 (cabanas) and finish at #1 (the main building). DtD buses start at #1 and follow around to #4. They do this so that if you are staying in the ranchos and don't want to walk back to your room, you can wait for a DtD bus at stop #1 and ride it to stop #3.

Detailed info can be found on my website.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

My wife and I likes it very much, we were very lucky to have a car that a friend let us borrow..we did need it..we both got sick and our room was way too far to walk to purchase meds from the main area. Our room was very nice and very queit..busses were on time and while waiting, we saw all kinds of wildlife acroos the bus stop. Yes, the convention center can be quite loud, it can be avoided. Have fun!

Upvote 0

OklaHoops

Coronado

ITs been a while for me but I was unimpreseed with the rooms but the grounds, pool and atmosphere was great. We stayed near the front of the hotel and I feel that was a good idea. Transportation was good.:)

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

ITs been a while for me but I was unimpreseed with the rooms but the grounds, pool and atmosphere was great. We stayed near the front of the hotel and I feel that was a good idea. Transportation was good.:)
Have you seen the newly renovated rooms? They are much better than before.

The convention center is off by itself. It's not that close to the main building. From the Pepper Market, you have to walk a good distance down a large hallway to get to the entrance of the convention center.

Upvote 0

duff527

I had mixed feelings on CS. My complaints ...

1. We were as far from the food court as physically possible, and I think hurt my opinion. It was a long walk in the heat.

2. I was not thrilled with the way the food court operated. I'm a huge fan of CBR, where you get your food and seat yourself. At CS, there is a host/hostess who seats you and a waiter/waitress to get your drinks. They provide you with a brochure sized card to be stamped by the station where you get your meal, and you pay on the way out.

3. The poolside bar/snack place was closed every time we went by, no matter what time of day.

4. Something small that still aggravated me ... because of the layout of the resort, the buses had to go through 2 gates to circle and exit the resort, and as I'm sure many of you know, those white gates are in no rush to get up and down. I also felt like I waited quite a while for some of the buses.

5. Maybe I just caught it at a bad time but maybe someone could verify this ... We stayed in the back of the resort--the side closest to the Animal Kingdom--and there was a distinct smell of animal feces when you stood at the bus stop. Has anyone else ever noticed that?

Despite all this I still think the atmosphere of the resort was very nice. I like that southwestern feel which is not a far cry from the Caribbean themed CBR which is my absolute favorite. The grounds were very scenic, and I think staying closer to the food court would have really made it a better experience. I love the walk through the island to the food court in the morning at CBR, but the trek from one side to the other at CS was too much.

Upvote 0

Denise40

I hope that we are not making a mistake staying here. My group are tuff cookies. There will be 6 of us. 4-20 y/o in 1 room and my husband and I in another. When do you get to choose where you stay or do they just decide that? We are going to be there from 12/26-12/30.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I hope that we are not making a mistake staying here. My group are tuff cookies. There will be 6 of us. 4-20 y/o in 1 room and my husband and I in another. When do you get to choose where you stay or do they just decide that? We are going to be there from 12/26-12/30.

Thanks
You will need to put your room location requests on your reservation ASAP. Call Disney and have them add them to your reservation. Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee what section you will be placed in but having the request on your reservation will increase your chances of being where you want to be.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Thanks
You made a great choice! The main pool area is terrific as is the bus service. Too bad the 4 20yr olds would be able to try the Rix Lounge.

Upvote 0

WDWiz318

Original Poster

Thanks

It's been my experience to put in room # preference &/or building preference when you make ur reservations, it's not gtd but it'll help. When you get to resort & check in, then you see if it's possible to get the things you requested. A WDW planner told me, a while ago, that Disney wants you to have a magical vacation & they will do what they can to make it happen.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

It's been my experience to put in room # preference &/or building preference when you make ur reservations, it's not gtd but it'll help. When you get to resort & check in, then you see if it's possible to get the things you requested. A WDW planner told me, a while ago, that Disney wants you to have a magical vacation & they will do what they can to make it happen.
I agree! Definitely put in a room request.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom