want to know what eveyone thinks about this

waltsbiggestfan

Original Poster
I have read these boards and other disney boards on the internet. I don't understand how anyone gets any discounts on there vacation package if it crosses any of the black out dates at all. I have read that people were posting that they received it on some of there package and others on all of it even if all there dates are not in the time frame of the codes. I was told today when i called disney again that you can not get any kind of a discount unless all your dates are in the time frame. If people were posting that they were getting the discount or the free dining that they were lying. We tried to get the oct-dec fall getaway or the free dining on the first day they were avaliable and still can not get anything. Heres what i have been told first time it was no you have black out dates, second time no because theres no more discount left, the third time-code is dead and you have black out dates. So on the advice of a disney store manager, told me to call and ask to speak to supervisor. was told no that they would not talk to me and they wouldn't let me talk to them.

DisneyJoe

You will find that Disney's enforcement of rules, especially when it comes to calling CRO for a discount, can be inconsistent at times....

Even MouseSavers has stated that some people have been known to get the discount over blackout dates, so it doesn't hurt to try.

mousefan1972

Well, I'm not lying when I say that we got a discount for our trip Dec. 17-26. The dates of the promotion are Dec. 14-20. (The Disney Visa free dining offer) So obviously not all of our dates fall into that time frame, but we still got it. :shrug: You don't say what dates you are trying to get the discount for. It would seem that either your resort or your dates, or perhaps both, are not available for whatever discount code you are trying to use. Have you tried a different resort and/or dates?

360rico1

I have read these boards and other disney boards on the internet. I don't understand how anyone gets any discounts on there vacation package if it crosses any of the black out dates at all. I have read that people were posting that they received it on some of there package and others on all of it even if all there dates are not in the time frame of the codes. I was told today when i called disney again that you can not get any kind of a discount unless all your dates are in the time frame. If people were posting that they were getting the discount or the free dining that they were lying. We tried to get the oct-dec fall getaway or the free dining on the first day they were avaliable and still can not get anything. Heres what i have been told first time it was no you have black out dates, second time no because theres no more discount left, the third time-code is dead and you have black out dates. So on the advice of a disney store manager, told me to call and ask to speak to supervisor. was told no that they would not talk to me and they wouldn't let me talk to them.
Master Yoda is correct tehy can help I have discounts through the week of thanksgiving but I use other sorces as well and I'm a Florida resident and a Pass holder and AAA.
Keep looking.

devoy1701

I have a Disney Visa and so does my gf....not only does it offer 6 month financing every time we make a payment for a trip (ie: 6 months to pay our deposit, and another 6 months for every time we make a payment), but honestly, I use it for everything from groceries to gas...even my cable bill. I've basically stopped using my debit card. With the help of the 5x rewards going on with the card right now, by the time our Disneyland Trip comes around next December, we'll probably have $300-$400 worth of giftcards to use!!!

It's really a good investment...but I only suggest the Visa to someone who has self control when it comes to spending! It's definitely not for everyone!!!

to the OP! Elizabeth from Kingdom Konsultants is amazing! They specialize in Disney Trips and if there's a way for you to get a discount offer they'll find it. Different Callcenter CMs have different information. I remember calling to make Reservations for the Sleigh Ride from the Wilderness Lodge for my December Trip last year and the CM at the Recreation Reservation Line had never heard of such a thing! I had to explain it to her and she said that sounds great but the only thing they have is the carriage ride in Ft Wilderness! :shrug: I finally said thanks for your help and called back later that day for the next shift.

bfbulldog

What you say Disney says I'm sure in theory is true, however in practice I can tell you that is not the case. I have in the past received discounts when according to the rules I should not have. Disney enforcement of the rules is let's say random. Try contacting AAA if you have a card, I've found my office to be extremely helpful in getting the discounts.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
What you say Disney says I'm sure in theory is true, however in practice I can tell you that is not the case. I have in the past received discounts when according to the rules I should not have. Disney enforcement of the rules is let's say random. Try contacting AAA if you have a card, I've found my office to be extremely helpful in getting the discounts.

You may need to repeat that....some choose not to recognize that fact. :eek:

The Mom

Premium Member
Our dates are 11/21 -11/29 at the Pop and also supposidly if anyone was told they will get the discount they were misinformed !

As others have posted, it is very random! Different resorts, different dates (even one day's difference) and a different CM can all make a difference. Some are willing to really search and offer you options, (ie, no discounts available at Pop, but if you're willing to stay at __ or check in/out one day earlier/later, I can get you one) and other just look, say there is nothing available at that resort during that time, and go no further.

It's also possible that the call just before yours took the last spot.

But do not assume that people are lying or misinformed about their trips.

For the OP: the dates you have chosen are over the week of Thanksgiving. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the problem. This is one of their premier holidays and they won't offer discounts for the specific days of Thanksgiving. And not only that, you will be paying holiday rates and not just peak rates. I am a Florida resident and on-and-off passholder. We are booked to go 11\30-12\4. I got the Fla resident discount at the Contemporary for $210 a night (+ tax) for 3 of our nights then booked the final night at The Wilderness Lodge for $225 (+ tax). Most of the time, you can figure out what specific days are discounted and which ones aren't by trying to book them online at the reservations site. I try my whole trip, then subtract days off and watch what rates the rooms change to. I booked our Contemporary room the day the discounts came out but noticed last week that you could still get the $210 rate at that time. I never buy the dining package so that may also be throwing a wrench in the discount issue. That's obviously because they charge holiday rates for the meals over Thanksgiving just as they do the room. We did go at Thanksgiving a few years ago and took my parents and just resolved ourselves that we wanted to go at that time and pay the premium prices on everything. I vividly remember the best rate I could get at the Poly was $411 a night (+ tax). And we booked Cinderella's Royal Table probably 6 months in advance and paid the holiday meal rate. And everyone is right about just calling back and talking to another CM if you don't get what you want on most things. We go once a year and have for the last decade and persistance seems to be the only way I typically save money. Good luck.

DISMOM

Be flexible on your dates and resort choices. Be very flexible. We were on a wait list for French Quarter with our Travel Agent, and booked Riverside just in case. We got into French Quarter after all. Travel Agent said that they released different rooms with the package discount on different days, so she called several times a day and checked for us. She was with AAA, but I'm sure that Kingdom Konsults can do the same. Hang in there and good luck.

devoy1701

What about 5x rewards for the disney visa? I haven't heard about this?

They did if from July, August, and September....and have renewed the offer for Oct Nov and Dec. They preset an amount you have to spend based on your average monthly spending... if you reach that amount they give you 5x the normal 1% Reward Dollars for purchases on Groceries, Dinner and Gas. The preset amount you have to spend varies from person to person, I put everything on my card so my preset amount I have to spend is $500. My girlfriend who doesn't use her card much (i'm trying to get her out of this habbit to help earn Reward Dollars for our disneyland trip) doesn't have a preset amount. It posts on the month after the special...my bonus dollars from the first special just posted on my most recent statement and i earned an extra 29 Reward Dollars for the offer.

Another good thing about this is that you can sign up anytime during the special and you're purchases at the beginning of the offer still count (ie: if you didn't sign up till august, you're qualifying purchases in July still counted). My suggestion is if you have a Disney Visa and haven't gotten an email or card in the mail about it yet, call the number on your card and ask them about it! :wave:

momofnine

What about 5x rewards for the disney visa? I haven't heard about this?

We received a card in the mail. You have to call and set up for it, but you get 5x the points during July, Aug., and Sept.! On all gas and food purchases over a set charge amount (everyone's is different). I would call them and see if they can set you up, they will credit you from July. :wave:

devoy1701

We received a card in the mail. You have to call and set up for it, but you get 5x the points during July, Aug., and Sept.! On all gas and food purchases over a set charge amount (everyone's is different). I would call them and see if they can set you up, they will credit you from July. :wave:

Just to clarify...there is now a new offer for October, November and December is a new offer. (my credit card rolls over on the 19th so I'm already into the October statement). You have to sign up again for the new 3 month deal!

Peters_Shadow

I just called, and they said the offer is not for everyone. They said I might get it for this next time, but there is no way to tell. I wonder if it is because I already use my card so much. We have a family of 4 and we put everything on there, so we already get a lot of points from it. Oh well, thanks for the info anyway! If we could have gotten 5x the points on what we spend, that would have been awesome!

momofnine

Just to clarify...there is now a new offer for October, November and December is a new offer. (my credit card rolls over on the 19th so I'm already into the October statement). You have to sign up again for the new 3 month deal!

I thought the # I called was the visa 800 #. I just called and was told that I have to call the # that I called the first time. Does anyone know of a different #? any help would be appreciated.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom