Wanna Buy Six Flags?

kiawahman

Account Suspended
Original Poster
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Six Flags Inc. is putting itself up for sale at auction, one week after Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder bid to raise his stake in the amusement-park operator and oust Kieran Burke as chairman and CEO. Its shares rose 11 percent.

Six Flags, the world's second biggest theme-park operator after The Walt Disney Co., said Thursday it would invite dissident shareholder Red Zone LLC -- an investment firm controlled by Snyder -- to participate in the auction.

tigger_rox00

I hope someone will buy it and take better care of their parks. I know Six Flags parks don't compare in any way to Disney, but the city I live in (Arlington,Tx) was built around it. It is really sad to see the park in the condition it is in. So in my dreams, I would love to see Disney buy them, but that won't happen.

TTFN

bgraham34

We have one in NJ. I just dont go anymore, too crowded. Most of the people there are not too friendly, meaning the guests.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
bgraham34 said:
We have one in NJ. I just dont go anymore, too crowded. Most of the people there are not too friendly, meaning the guests.
Ditto that. I can be at SF Great Adventure in 20 minutes from my house...I used to go all the time (perpetual Season Pass Holder) but now I just can't get past how un-Disney everything is. From feeling like I am going to catch every communicable disease, to being cursed out by fellow guests, and encountering employees who couldn't care less, I really can't be bothered to go there anymore. I sure hope that whoever buys SF takes much better care of the chain and turns it back into a place I want to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom