Wand Update: 7/20

metscool

Hey! It's been Ron'd!! :lol:

ron%20wand.jpg
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Expo_Seeker40

Oh no no, Merf doesn't work at WDW, he is an AP holder though....but the strange thing is, is that he lives in Arizona, and he somehow bribed a person at JetBlue to give him free cargo rides to Orlando whenever he wants...so even though it takes him forever to get to WDW everyday for the wand watch, we still can complain when he hasn't posted in the afternoon. :p :hammer:

Merf we appreciate your updates! :sohappy:

tiggerlover55

Merf....I really appreciate your daily updates.....this is making my wait for my next College Program going much faster! I am hoping that the whole wand and stars will be done by the time I get there in August (22nd). I am disappointed that I won't get to ride SSE until the refurb. but I'm glad I rode it in January when I was on vacation!

taktex

I work for Sims Crane (the OFFICIAL CRANE RENTAL SERVICE OF WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT)...or so says the massive plaque Disney sent us years back. Anyhow, I work in the Miami Branch, so I can't see the latest invoice until Monday.

I can tell you that Disney has spent $20,814.23 on crane/lift rentals in the month of July for EPCOT alone. This excludes the rentals in and around the other 3 parks, 2 water parks and rec. areas.

The crane rented for the wand removal runs about $600.00 an hour....but believe me, Disney receives major discounts because of their high volume rentals.

Hope this helps J

Are you sure your employer really is okay with this? I'm sure Disney definitely isn't cool with you posting about their personal business.

SDav10495

Are you sure your employer really is okay with this? I'm sure Disney definitely isn't cool with you posting about their personal business.

That's by far some of the least personal "personal business" about Disney that I've seen posted on these boards. :lol: Compared to leakage from WDI and other departments, I think info about crane costs and usage would hardly make Disney blink.

tirian

Anyone who wanted to rent a crane from that company would pay the same prices. This is definitely not Disney information. :wave:

taktex

That's by far some of the least personal "personal business" about Disney that I've seen posted on these boards. :lol: Compared to leakage from WDI and other departments, I think info about crane costs and usage would hardly make Disney blink.

Yeah, well its a great business advantage for competitors to know what the current contract for crane operations is charging so they can price their offer accordingly. All I'm saying is we're getting information leaked, but in most cases people from WDI aren't coming on here and talking about everything they know. Well, with the exception of maybe one person... and if WDI ever found out who that person was, you can be assured that they would be looking for a new job.

mcranmer

I have what some of you might perceive to be a stupid question and I hope I don't get crunched for asking it, but here goes....

Are they going to remove all of those little stars that are still on the surface of the structure? They don't make sense to leave there without the wand and the big star, but they are still there....

Just curious.

SDav10495

I have what some of you might perceive to be a stupid question and I hope I don't get crunched for asking it, but here goes....

Are they going to remove all of those little stars that are still on the surface of the structure? They don't make sense to leave there without the wand and the big star, but they are still there....

Just curious.

Yup, they will be removed as well. In some recent wand thread (I'm not sure if it's this one or the last one or the 5,684 before them) we were discussing the possible sequence of the entire removal process, and it was speculated that the stars would probably be among the last things to go.

Texas84

I work for Sims Crane (the OFFICIAL CRANE RENTAL SERVICE OF WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT)...or so says the massive plaque Disney sent us years back. Anyhow, I work in the Miami Branch, so I can't see the latest invoice until Monday.

I can tell you that Disney has spent $20,814.23 on crane/lift rentals in the month of July for EPCOT alone. This excludes the rentals in and around the other 3 parks, 2 water parks and rec. areas.

The crane rented for the wand removal runs about $600.00 an hour....but believe me, Disney receives major discounts because of their high volume rentals.

Hope this helps J
Did I hear you say the MGM hat is next? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom