Walt's office gone from DHS

Are you excited to see One Man's Dream close for Toy Story Land?

• Yes

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 77.9%

• Total voters
again i say..the disney family museum is well worth a trip...

ETA.. the highlight for me was the old time camera used to shoot snow white,using 3 planes of glass to create the immersive depth that defined disney motion picture animation..
that thing was huge
AHHHH yes the Multi Plane camera. They also used that in the short the Old Mill. Very cool and realistic effect.

GiveMeTheMusic

The Walt Disney Family Museum is a wonderful place, and everyone should go at some point. You'll see lots of things there, but Walt's office isn't going to be one of them.

Magenta Panther

The Walt Disney Family Museum is a wonderful place, and everyone should go at some point. You'll see lots of things there, but Walt's office isn't going to be one of them.

I hope to visit the Museum in the near future.

So Walt's office isn't going there? Where is it going, do you know?

Last edited:

zooey

I rode the Chocolate World omnimover a couple of times this summer. I was appalled at the poor show and broken effects. I noticed that the missing Hershey kiss had been replaced since last year but several of the Kit Kat conveyor belts were not running at all. One of the milling rollers had obvious wear lines. I'm sure Milt is rolling over in his grave...
:p
Having never been there this post makes me wonder what I'm missing

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
As a part of this thread I thought I'd mention that today September 19th was the soft opening of One Man's Dream in 2001. It was formally dedicated on December 5th and was a "temporary" attraction coinciding with the 100 years of magic promotion (as I believe has been mentioned here). It seems fitting that it will be closing it's doors after a little over 14 years.

*1023*

BelAirRd

I'm unbelievably dismayed that it's come to this. Walt's office was ripped out by Michael Eisner in 1984, after having not been touched since his death, for a very good reason - to send a message to the company that the man was dead. It was a message that absolutely needed to be sent and fantastic things came out of it over the next 30 years. What on earth does Disney and the studio lot, as a place of business, gain by once again obsessing over trying to chase the dead past instead of carving a new future? Nobody at Disney wants to innovate anymore - we now see imagineers that so caught up in trying to pay tribute to the likes of Tony Baxter, hiding stupid easter eggs that nobody cares about, utterly fail to realise those people are who they are because they carved their own identity and moved the field forward.

At least this time around it's being treated as a tourist attraction, though honestly it belongs in a museum (instead of turning the building and company around it into one).

officialtom

Inside the Magic says Walt's office was restored at Disney Studios in CA. Who can argue with that?

The Disney snapchat story tonight was video of Walt's office looking timeless and pristine. It was shot from within the office, and behind the desk at one point. Very very cool to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom