News Walter E. Disney overhaul

mlasewicz

This is an interesting photo.

Attachments

• 18D3C4D2-17BD-4067-9A13-0993ABB097EB.png
    18D3C4D2-17BD-4067-9A13-0993ABB097EB.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 307

Andrew M

Reports that Walter was outside the roundhouse for testing this morning.

Even if the track won't be completed by October, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a train steamed up for the 50th to pull into Main Street during a ceremony.

Andrew M

It would have to go backwards unless they use a crane (which I highly doubt, they have a bad history with steam powered things and cranes).
Ha yes, looks like the entire loop is complete minus that 500' stretch. They would never have passengers like that, but I could see them backing all the way around to Space Mtn to pull into Main Street.

TrainsOfDisney

It would have to go backwards unless they use a crane (which I highly doubt, they have a bad history with steam powered things and cranes).
There’s no issue with moving trains backwards with or without passengers. They shove back over a semi-public grade crossing with passengers everyday they do a steam train tour.

They don’t want to run regular operations with shove moves, but there is no issue moving a train to Main Street if they want to.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
They don’t want to run regular operations with shove moves, but there is no issue moving a train to Main Street if they want to.
The main issue, I would assume, are the crossings at Adventureland and Frontierland. I'm about 100% sure that the gates can only be triggered coming from Main Street. I don't believe there are sensors that would drop the gates with a train coming from Frontierland Station. However, the gates can still be dropped manually via the control box, but someone would have to be manning the crossing.

EricsBiscuit

There’s no issue with moving trains backwards with or without passengers. They shove back over a semi-public grade crossing with passengers everyday they do a steam train tour.

I could care less about safety it would just look stupid IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom