News Walter E. Disney overhaul

Disneyrailfan1996

I have somewhat received confirmation from a coordinator that Roy’s out for a refurbishment.

He made mention too that Tweetsie was where they used to send them, but they stopped after one of them came back and they had issues with the quality of work. I have a feeling that it was Lilly, but I could be wrong.

TrainsOfDisney

He made mention too that Tweetsie was where they used to send them, but they stopped after one of them came back and they had issues with the quality of work. I have a feeling that it was Lilly, but I could be wrong.
So Tweetsie never rebuilt them to the level that Strasburg is rebuilding them. The engines are coming back from Strasburg as virtually brand new locomotives.

If you are talking about Lilly’s most recent refurbishment- that was done by Strasburg. Lilly was the first to go to Strasburg.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
For those interested, the Roy thread has started.

disneytrain2001

So Tweetsie never rebuilt them to the level that Strasburg is rebuilding them. The engines are coming back from Strasburg as virtually brand new locomotives.

If you are talking about Lilly’s most recent refurbishment- that was done by Strasburg. Lilly was the first to go to Strasburg.
I believe Lilly went to Tweetsie Railroad there once in 1997, before she returned to WDW a year later.

Disone

disneytrain2001

Ehhhh. No need to be the topic police please. It could have easily gone into either and this was the more active. ( I did mistake this as the Roger thread) But now Roy has his own thread so let's just keep it over there? No need to get sidetracked 🙂 or steamed up. Let's just keep it chugging along.
Excuse me, dude, I'm not trying to be "angry" or "rude", I'm just reminding you "calmly" and "nicely".

Disone

Excuse me, dude, I'm not trying to be "angry" or "rude", I'm just reminding you "calmly" and "nicely".
Hehehe. I don't know how I could have been any nicer in my reply. I admit error and then even included three railroad themed puns. If you're offended by my reply....... Maybe go back and read it. It's meant in good fun.

dtng2000

For Walter's whistles: since the YouTuber who posted that video of the Baldwin whistle has deleted his channel due to issues I cannot address at this time, here is another video of what it sounded like:

It recently switched whistles AGAIN. This time it is supposedly wearing the Crosby that was used on Roy:

dtng2000

So I have an update regarding Walter's whistle: per an engineer for the railroad, the valve for the Baldwin is broken and maintenance is waiting for a new one at the moment. Apparently the valve from Roy was used for Walter's Baldwin whistle, since Roy is now under overhaul. Per the engineer who replied to me, no one likes the current Crosby whistle, not even when it was on Roy. This is hinting that either the Buckeye or the Baldwin will return at one point.

JoeCamel

So I have an update regarding Walter's whistle: per an engineer for the railroad, the valve for the Baldwin is broken and maintenance is waiting for a new one at the moment. Apparently the valve from Roy was used for Walter's Baldwin whistle, since Roy is now under overhaul. Per the engineer who replied to me, no one likes the current Crosby whistle, not even when it was on Roy. This is hinting that either the Buckeye or the Baldwin will return at one point.

No excuses

dtng2000

For reference, here's the post of when Walter got the Baldwin, and in the replies, you can see the reason why it was taken off in late January:

disneytrain2001

No excuses
Nah, I'd rather have Walter with the Crosby whistle so that way he and Roger would not sound too similar to one another or maybe give Walter his original Buckeye whistle back from Lilly. :p

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom