News Walter E. Disney overhaul

disneytrain2001

Hello there, I just want to clear out all of the misconceptions; the Roy O. Disney is temporarily wearing a Crosby 4 inch 3-chime from January to July 2023 and it's definitely NOT the Roger E. Broggie's Lonergan 4 inch 3-chime.

I heard Roy recently got another similar one of the Joe Fowler's American 4 inch 3-chime whistle, because the original one was completely worn out, and the crew got tired of repairing it many times during the 2010s. This got thinking me that Roy got his original 1970s whistle all along.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Came across this at my local Dollar Tree today and got a laugh out of it.

IMG_0535.jpeg

They legit used a picture of Walter, changed the smokestack and blurred the WDWRR logos 🤣

disneytrain2001

While I will miss the iconic buckeye 3 chime, I think this is a wonderful whistle choice! It may very well represent how he sounded in service!

….Oh how I wish I hadn’t left Florida!
TBH, I kind of like the new Baldwin 3-chime whistle on the Walter, it always reminds me of Tweetsie No. 12. :) But I do miss the Buckeye 3 inch 3-chime whistle so much! 😢

Last edited:

disneytrain2001

I heard Walter's Buckeye whistle is now on the Lilly Belle, replacing the latter's out of tune Buckeye whistle. Take a close listening to this video around the 4:01:00 mark:

Last edited:

Disone

Is today one of those coveted three train operation days? I just drove by the round house and the only train engine I see is Roger. All the other bays look empty. Or has Roy left?

disneytrain2001

Is today one of those coveted three train operation days? I just drove by the round house and the only train engine I see is Roger. All the other bays look empty. Or has Roy left?
Walter and Lilly are the only two trains running today per livestream video:

But Roger is not ready to take passengers around the park yet, it's probably still under testing.

Disone

Could Roy be buried behind one of the trains or behind Roger?

Seems odd they would send him away before Roger is ready to go.
Maybe. Likely even but....

The train that was locomotive-less was dark in color and looked set back, meaning there was room for the locomotive up front. It just wasn't there. You could just see the three windows of the first car. that first car was not even with Roger.

Last edited:

Disone

Since you said you only saw Roger outside the roundhouse four days ago. Didn't you see anyone in the fifth bay?
Not that I could see. Also point of clarity. This was a drive-by. He was not outside he was inside the roundhouse.

Going from left to right,
Nothing in day one.
bay number two had Roger and a train set behind them. Bay number three had the blue train set at about even with the train set behind Roger. No locomotive in bay three.
Nothing in Bay four
Nothing in bay five.
At the garage doors were pulled closed with the mesh. The see-through mash foot still while driving by at a distance trying to look through the mesh..... That's why I'm looking for confirmation. It isn't for certain based on the driving conditions and the mesh doors being pulled down. Bay 5 is particularly hard to see into.

disneytrain2001

Not that I could see. Also point of clarity. This was a drive-by. He was not outside he was inside the roundhouse.

Going from left to right,
Nothing in day one.
bay number two had Roger and a train set behind them. Bay number three had the blue train set at about even with the train set behind Roger. No locomotive in bay three.
Nothing in Bay four
Nothing in bay five.
At the garage doors were pulled closed with the mesh. The see-through mash foot still while driving by at a distance trying to look through the mesh..... That's why I'm looking for confirmation. It isn't for certain based on the driving conditions and the mesh doors being pulled down. Bay 5 is particularly hard to see into.
So that means Roy have already shipped off to Strasburg!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom