News Walter E. Disney overhaul

Mr Mindcrime

Is there any update on Walter or Roger? I assume that work stopped on both and if so, has it started again yet? I'm missing these updates :oops:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Is there any update on Walter or Roger? I assume that work stopped on both and if so, has it started again yet? I'm missing these updates :oops:
I was never able to confirm if work on Walter stopped, but it’s possible. But there’s really not a whole lot left to do when it comes to Walter.

Except for a few things that were done shortly after his arrival last June, work has yet to begin on Roger, and it won’t start until Walter is gone.

Disneyrailfan1996

When I last spoke with an engineer re:Walter’s return, they said in may. But then Covid-19 came. My guess is next may at the latest. I also saw someone say Roy was in Philadelphia (they meant strasburg) about a month or two ago, but I highly doubt that’s true. The reason being is: Roger isn’t even close to being done yet, COVID-19, and arial footage of MK from a month or 2 ago shows Roy is still on display in fantasyland (I was a dissapointed when I saw they moved miss Lilly back to the roundhouse, but thankful I got to see her in all her beauty while she was there). Regardless of all that: hopefully Walter returns looking more handsome than he was when he left! I wonder if he’ll get a brass eagle atop his sand dome like Lilly did.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
My guess is next may at the latest.
Unless something drastic happens again, it will be before 2021. There’s not much left to do.

I also saw someone say Roy was in Philadelphia (they meant strasburg) about a month or two ago
arial footage of MK from a month or 2 ago shows Roy is still on display in fantasyland
Nope. Roy never left for Strasburg. He’s in his stall at the roundhouse, and has been since the beginning of February. Lilly replaced Roy at Fantasyland Station and remained there until the parks closed due to COVID-19. She was brought back to the roundhouse and has been there ever since. No locomotive has been at Fantasyland Station during the closure, and I highly doubt that one will immediately return when the parks reopen.

Roger isn’t even close to being done yet,
Work hasn’t even started on Roger yet.

I wonder if he’ll get a brass eagle atop his sand dome like Lilly did.
Probably not. Lilly’s brass eagle was presented to her as a gift by Michael Broggie on behalf of the Carolwood Society in 2017 following her overhaul and return to WDW.

Disneyrailfan1996

Nope. Roy never left for Strasburg. He’s in his stall at the roundhouse, and has been since the beginning of February. Lilly replaced Roy at Fantasyland Station and remained there until the parks closed due to COVID-19.
Actually, I was at Disney before it closed and did see Roy at fantasyland in March.

Attachments

• 3F5C2200-FB95-4C15-9B59-0164E7D041A6.jpeg
    3F5C2200-FB95-4C15-9B59-0164E7D041A6.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 07E46939-2EB9-4BD7-BD6A-F11BAA32D36D.jpeg
    07E46939-2EB9-4BD7-BD6A-F11BAA32D36D.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 138
  • CCA8239D-3FF1-418E-BB61-CF384E48B0BF.jpeg
    CCA8239D-3FF1-418E-BB61-CF384E48B0BF.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 145

TrainsOfDisney

I was thinking about riding up to Lancaster PA this weekend and we drive past Strasburg I would love to swing in and see the train.

Have you ever been? Strasburg is a great place to visit. They have a lovely 45 minute train ride, always powered by steam. And if you’re concerned about the virus they have open air cars and are being very careful to enforce distancing and masks.

If you just want to watch the train, the best place to do that is from the red Caboose motel parking lot.

NeedMoreMickey

Have you ever been? Strasburg is a great place to visit. They have a lovely 45 minute train ride, always powered by steam. And if you’re concerned about the virus they have open air cars and are being very careful to enforce distancing and masks.

If you just want to watch the train, the best place to do that is from the red Caboose motel parking lot.
We’ve been going since I was young but haven’t been in a long time sine all the nephews and nieces have grown up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom