News Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
But why?

Its in better condition than the attraction...
Season 5 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

Wall-e

It’s been a loooong time since I commented on these boards but when my wife sent me this article…

I know and understand why this would seem trivial and dismissive to some but to me seeing that sign after a long drive from NJ was one of those “you’ve finally arrived and now your vacation has begun” moments.

It’s tough to describe the emotions and put into words what things like this mean to me and I think that’s why so many people who have been going to WDW for 20, 30, or 40 plus years have emotional reactions to seeing these icons being wiped away. It’s out of our control, makes us feel helpless and yet we want to keep believing in the product. And that’s where the internal conflict lies.

kgoose23

This seems like a small thing but it's a bummer for me. I always love seeing the billboards on the way from the airport and on property showing what you will be experiencing. Now that I have kids, I love hearing and seeing their reactions to things, and this was something that would be an attention grabber.

EPCOT-O.G.

This seems like a small thing but it's a bummer for me. I always love seeing the billboards on the way from the airport and on property showing what you will be experiencing. Now that I have kids, I love hearing and seeing their reactions to things, and this was something that would be an attention grabber.
Yep. We’re surprising the kids in a few weeks with a WDW trip. They know we’re visiting family in FL but don’t know we’ve tacked on a MK visit at the end of the trip. We’re going to have to come up with an excuse for why the drive to the airport is taking too long. But, seeing these sorts of things builds a sense of anticipation that a simple sign does not. Again, a creative piece of art just shoved aside for…what, exactly?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Instagramineer Zach the Ridley has unveiled concept pictures for the replacement on social media. I didn't bother to read through the voluminous post which for some reason got into detail of how the aggregate rocks in asphalt create a euphoric effect on guests, but I did grab one photo.

magic-kingdom-ticket-transportation-center-toll-booth-2.jpg

WorldExplorer

Awww. I still remember being in the car driving past that aaaaalll the way back in 2007 on my first trip. Everytime I go past it now I get the song I was listening to then stuck in my head.

If that "art installation" they'd put on the building had been more like this then people probably would have mocked it much less.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Of all the things to complain about, this one seems really petty. It's a billboard on a road.

Reskinning ToT would be a tall order given that it has become the park's icon (but of course it's not out of the realm of possibility).

I mean, they could keep it 99% the same, with the same story and everything, and just redo the opening film and closing narration to remove references to The Twilight Zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom