News Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
finally someone going after the golden boy Josh.. bc for some reason he gets a pass always and to me is just as guilty and at fault for what Disney has become than the Bob's!

A lot of the current nonsense was thought up when Bob 2.0 was head of DPEP. Mr. Skinny Jeans is just continuing the mission, just with a better public image ("Ooo, he takes selfies with CMs and fans! He cares!!!").

Smiley/OCD

I’m sure someone found it “problematic” therefore it had to be removed…but in all honesty, anything on property that moves I.e. animatronics on an attraction, billboards, costs too much to maintain so we will systematically get rid of everything and replace them with projections and screens…you thought it was just TGMR and Splash…we’ll, think again…

Sorcerer Mickey

Of all the things to complain about, this one seems really petty. It's a billboard on a road.

I mean, they could keep it 99% the same, with the same story and everything, and just redo the opening film and closing narration to remove references to The Twilight Zone.

You're right. The ToTs in other parks aren't themed to Twilight Zone, right? Like the one in Disney Seas. Maybe they can copy assets from that one?

mikejs78

Premium Member
People are literally crying in another thread about how a tv channel in a hotel being removed has ruined their vacation experience. But the removal of an iconic 3D billboard, something that's been on property for decades, is petty? Okay.
What makes something iconic? Spaceship Earth is iconic. The PeopleMover is iconic. The actual ToT is iconic. A billboard? No.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
What makes something iconic? Spaceship Earth is iconic. The PeopleMover is iconic. The actual ToT is iconic. A billboard? No.
And a tv channel in a hotel room isn't anything special, either. So why all the fuss?

Last edited:

CntrlFlPete

we saw a couple of Disney vehicles parked by it around three weeks ago -- silly us, we thought maybe they were fixing the thing (movement/sparks/fog). Should have known better I imagine.

mikejs78

Premium Member
And a tv channel in a hotel room isn't anything special, either. So why all the fuss? But people like you will always find a way to boot lick Disney. Carry on, chap!

I don't think a TV channel is anything special, either. And I have plenty to complain about regarding Disney - park reservations, Genie+, loss of DME, the removal of half of CommuniCore in Epcot, etc.

Those things are far more impactful on the enjoyment of Disney than a billboard that I maybe see for 3.5 seconds... I'd hardly call that "boot-licking".

VJ

i get why it's sad, i really do, and how those who always looked forward to seeing it might be disappointed not seeing it again (and i sympathize)

but going "BUT IT'S AN ICONIC FACET OF THE MAGICAL WALT DISNEY WORLD EXPERIENCE!" just feels a bit.. much to me? like, when people talk about Disney Adults™️, that's the type of person they're talking about

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
i'm gonna be honest, the term bootlicker should be reserved for more serious situations than sobbing over a billboard
I'm gonna be honest, a lot of ya'll are soft. 😂 But with the insane emotions over the loss of a tv channel, it's not surprising.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom