News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

the_rich

Chyeah... an AP is nothing like that.

If I try to find tickets for Hamilton before I book a NYC trip and can't. Oh well. At least I didn't spend a thousand dollars on an any-day ticket to any Broadway production.

But if I do spend a thousand dollars for an any-day ticket to any WDW park, I expect to be able to use it... or be compensated if I can't.
But they are compensating you. They are letting you use it now(if you can get a reservation) and not starting the clock until the resy system isn't used anymore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My assumption here is that resort capacity will be kept at such a limit they can provide at least access to one park/day for each person on property and they will get first dibs. Not all resorts/rooms will be operational.

For people staying off property, it's not really Disney's concern at the moment. Like flying to New York and trying to get tickets to Hamilton at the last minute. Plan before you go.
It takes out most of off-site access...which I kinda thought would be how it goes.

TrojanUSC

If I try to find tickets for Hamilton before I book a NYC trip and can't. Oh well. At least I didn't spend a thousand dollars on an any-day ticket to any Broadway production.

But if I do spend a thousand dollars for an any-day ticket to any WDW park, I expect to be able to use it... or be compensated if I can't.

Sorry I didn't realize you were factoring in AP here. I'd imagine and hope that Disney won't start charging people for their APs until we're past this "reservation" period.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It sucks...I don’t think there’s any way to look at it but they are disregarding APs more or less...

It also goes with how I think they’ve handled dvc.

It all comes back to who will spend the most on crap when they get there...and who have no sense of value before they get there.

...it also sucks we seem to agree all the time🤪

We need rian Johnson to make a trilogy about porgs or something

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry I didn't realize you were factoring in AP here. I'd imagine and hope that Disney won't start charging people for their APs until we're past this "reservation" period.
I think Disney should cut the prices or stop selling APs till they are full operation.

But then...I saw people saying they went and paid $1080 for them yesterday...which is like a gazelle laying down in front of the cheetah.

mdcpr

I love your Hamilton comment. I'm in NYC and my budget for Hamilton tickets was $1K. Now I'll be able to see it on Disney+ for $69.99.

eliza61nyc

The article is over a month old.

It seems to me that the base ingredients are readily available to the average consumer. Don't know why there is still a supply chain problem for some companies like Lysol, especially since there are Lysol products to be had at Amazon right now as well as the base ingredients.
Oh wait Ive been furloughed for the last month, did the situation with covid get better in the last month?? As I said I return to work on Monday, I'll be sure to let them know about Amazon because what they told us in the zoom meeting was to expect layoffs around July 15th due to manufacturing stoppage and the 3rd quarter being the worst since the great depression 😔
I'm hoping the offer an early buy-out and than I'm out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually.... when I say Hamilton in nyc I bought my ticket day of right from the box office. Didn’t wait in any line, paid regular rate of $220 and had a perfect 8th row center orchestra seat.

Have you ever had the front of a house fall over on you and you were unscathed because you were standing where an open window landed?

sjhym333

Just to throw this out there. It just may be that you won't be able to make attraction reservations until the day you actually enter the park. Just a thought. It gives Disney some room to tinker and figure each day out.

TrojanUSC

Just to throw this out there. It just may be that you won't be able to make attraction reservations until the day you actually enter the park. Just a thought. It gives Disney some room to tinker and figure each day out.

This assumes you'll need to make reservations for most attractions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that’s the only way to do it. And it goes hand in hand with eliminating dining reservations. Rigid doesn’t work in this environment.

ThatMouse

I think Disney should cut the prices or stop selling APs till they are full operation.

But then...I saw people saying they went and paid $1080 for them yesterday...which is like a gazelle laying down in front of the cheetah.

I agree, it seems greedy to keep the prices the same. And we paid $1100 and then 40 days later Disney closed. Disney just thinks it's fair to extend the days, but it's a little too high risk for us to go.

Herdman

I wonder how far out this reservation system will be? Am I booking the day before I'd like to visit? 7 days in advance? 30 days? 60?

I can see that quickly turning into a headache for those with travel contraints.
If you can make dining reservations 60 days in advance I'd think you'll have to know which parks you have reservations for before then. I'm thinking maybe at 75 days so you have a couple weeks to plan them out before you can make them. Plus that would stagger the people in their system if everyone is trying to do everything at 60 days. just a guess....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom