News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

pdude81

That's the wording that was showing for me yesterday afternoon when I was able to get out of meetings and check for updates. No specific date they open doesn't mean that they won't be open before the parks. Don't freak out just yet, people

nickys

Premium Member
Once the call centers have been able to process the DVC calls, they will open it up to the next group. So get out your crystal ball and estimate how long it will take them to help the DVC people. They aren't staffed to be able to take simultaneous calls from every single guest, so they are trying to stagger the calls to hold down wait times.
Sorry, this isn’t true. DVC have their own CMs in Member Services which is an entirely separate entity. Other CMs don’t have access to the DVC booking system and don’t have the knowledge of the DVC systems.

Mainahman

i fully expect them to decide what hotels will get re opened, maybe move guests around as needed to streamline busses and such.

JohnD

The governor will 1000% approve both WDW & Sea World's opening plans zero question about that.

i agree.Something as big as Disney reopening in Florida demands a press conference. I don’t say this to be cynical but it puts a stamp on Florida tourism is back. Expect the approval along with a press conference at MK with the Governor, the new President of WDW, Josh D’Amaro, etc.

DisneyCane

Since the masks protects other against you not the other way around, unless everyone wears a mask its pointless (still can't believe we have to explain this). In other words, wearing a mask is a sign you respect other people. Period.
Except that the CDC guidelines say:

" In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain"

Therefore, it is a sign that I respect other people if I stay at least 6 feet away from them. I'm not going to wear a mask when I'm not required to as long as I can maintain that distance just as a sign of respect. I will wear it if required by the business I am entering or if not required but I can't maintain distance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Once the call centers have been able to process the DVC calls, they will open it up to the next group. So get out your crystal ball and estimate how long it will take them to help the DVC people. They aren't staffed to be able to take simultaneous calls from every single guest, so they are trying to stagger the calls to hold down wait times.
Not the same call center...unless they’ve REALLy Over consolidated.

DVC is a different system

Patcheslee

i fully expect them to decide what hotels will get re opened, maybe move guests around as needed to streamline busses and such.
Guess IF they moved guests it could be to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom resorts in the same and higher resort categories for the small time frame those are only open.

DisneyCane

If most of your workforce consists of young, healthy, underpaid cast members who show NO signs of being infected, how would you even know you have a problem?

Yes, their elderly and otherwise compromised family members may get ill, but Disney may never know. Is Florida doing contact tracing yet?
Yes to the contact tracing.

Calmdownnow

If you only allow residents and certain number of AP you are controlling who is coming. Pretty sure Disney doesn't want people coming in from Area that could be hot bed with virus.
The announced opening of DVC Resorts in June (although parks will be closed) kind of blows this one out of the water because there is no mechanism that says DVC members from hot spot areas will be excluded from making June bookings.

durangojim

Has anybody like @lentesta done an analysis on how much money each resort brings in based on number of rooms and average price per room per night? I’m thinking that may give us an idea of what resorts would open first if Disney doesn’t open them all at the same time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The announced opening of DVC Resorts in June (although parks will be closed) kind of blows this one out of the water because there is no mechanism that says DVC members from hot spot areas will be excluded from making June bookings.
I’m still trying to figure out where the outdated “hotspots” are that keep getting referred too?

This isn’t 4/5...the curve is way flattened in those places that got headlines nearly across the board. The places with increasing numbers - though small totals - are in the lesser populated areas now...

And here’s the thing about dvc: where are a lot of owners from?

I don’t know if there’s current data out there...but they released it years ago and all the big share owners states have been “in the news”

It’s not South Carolina and Indiana buying.

rogerrabbitfan9

Has anybody like @lentesta done an analysis on how much money each resort brings in based on number of rooms and average price per room per night? I’m thinking that may give us an idea of what resorts would open first if Disney doesn’t open them all at the same time.
I would be much more curious what there’s actually demand for, and more specifically demand for by the demographic of customers Disney thinks they can reasonably appease.

There seems to be an assumption by posters here that there is currently a lot of pent up demand and of course everyone wants their regularly scheduled vacation. That doesn’t really jive with what I’m seeing personally with the people I work with in real life.

durangojim

I would be much more curious what there’s actually demand for, and more specifically demand for by the demographic of customers Disney thinks they can reasonably appease.

There seems to be an assumption by posters that there is currently a lot of penthouse demand and of course everyone wants there regularly scheduled vacation. That doesn’t really jive with what I’m seeing personally with the people I work with in real life.
You may be right. I’m not familiar with what penthouse demand is. Is that like demand from the upper classes or playboys?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom