News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

EdnaMode

It never expired...but since the ticket systems has been “frozen” since 3/17 you maybe can’t see it in real time?

As it stands now...your pass would be extended to however many days past July 11 that you had left on the original expiration counting from 3/17...

...I think...and now ive gone cross eyed 😵

Thank you for help me (at the peril of your eyeballs!)

I just got off the Phone with the VIP AP pass holders # after waiting 35 min i was told that NO AP purchase and NO renewals and that even the shut down the Fast Pass Selections as well we moved out trip yesterday from 7/5-12 to 7/25- 8/2 I also tried calling the DVC # and all i get is busy signal.........

I just took one for the team. I decided to (try to) renew my pass online and just sort out the extra days at some other time when Disney isn't experiencing a phone frenzy. I had zero problems lending Disney $1080, so it now says my pass new pass expires 5/7/2021, to which I expect they will add roughly 117 days for 3/16/2020 to 7/11/2020.

What I can't do is book fast passes, because our only hotel reservation is for 7/1-7/8. My plan is to let Disney contact me about that reservation and go from there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am aware of that. I would LOVE to see the CM's protected, every guest wearing a mask, social distancing, etc. but I know full well that this will NEVER happen. People are selfish and entitled. You'll hear the inevitable "I paid $10K for this vacation and you are not going to make me wear a mask!" and the CM's will do nothing about it just like they ignore selfie sticks and smoking.

If a CM's complaint about a guest to a manager goes nowhere, they should go to their union. The union has the power to shut down the parks to make mangament comply with what they agreed to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That was a possibility with so many variables over the last couple of months.

You look more brave when you comment on what’s through the windshield...not the mirror.

People scoffed that they’d be open in April...May...surely June??

...partly open In mid July on limits when hour restrictions and reduced offerings.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does everyone forget that Cast Members are real people? You can't just let in the crowds en masses, from all over the world, and not even try to protect the CM's. The last thing Disney needs in the coming months is an outbreak within their own employees.

Indeed.

Have people forgotten already the stories of various supply chains under stress or breaking down because those businesses had so many employees at home with COVID?

If COVID spread among guests. There's plenty of other guests that will show up.

If COVID spreads among CMs, the parks shut down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If a CM's complaint about a guest to a manager goes nowhere, they should go to their union. The union has the power to shut down the parks to make mangament comply with what they agreed to.
Woah woah...

They surely do not have that “power”. “Right to work state”...what you’re proposing isn’t possible in real terms.
They can file a grievance though 😉

Disney Dead Head

The person you talked with gave you inaccurate information. I can purchase a new AP from the website even today. And another poster just stated that he was able to renew over the phone today utilizing Disney gift cards. If you click on other types of tickets it takes you to the COVID-19 page for Disney, but the AP goes right through. I even chatted with another CM and she stated that APs are still available to purchase.
yes they did I called Ticketing this time and they were able to do it I have DVC Gold AP

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@MansionButler84 Do you think its likely we won’t be seeing the return of nighttime shows until 2021?
I’m no insider but I assume once we get into real phase 3 and the group gatherings limit is lifted they could go back to nighttime shows. That assumes that we get to phase 3 and also assumes there’s enough people there to justify the cost. Those shows are expensive to run.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does everyone forget that Cast Members are real people? You can't just let in the crowds en masses, from all over the world, and not even try to protect the CM's. The last thing Disney needs in the coming months is an outbreak within their own employees.
Many Disney fans:
1. Don’t care about cast.
2. Lie about caring about cast.

Tons of misdirection on this and always has been.

Not everyone though...I care and always have. I earned my respect for them in practical terms. I’ll be on this hill if anyone needs me 😉

disneygeek90

Many Disney fans:
1. Don’t care about cast.
2. Lie about caring about cast.

Tons of misdirection on this and always has been.

Not everyone though...I care and always have. I earned my respect for them in practical terms. I’ll be on this hill if anyone needs me 😉
That's a shame. The Disney CM's are amazing. I solo the parks a lot and end up talking to many of them throughout the day. A few of them even know me now.

note2001

Indeed.

Have people forgotten already the stories of various supply chains under stress or breaking down because those businesses had so many employees at home with COVID?

If COVID spread among guests. There's plenty of other guests that will show up.

If COVID spreads among CMs, the parks shut down.

If most of your workforce consists of young, healthy, underpaid cast members who show NO signs of being infected, how would you even know you have a problem?

Yes, their elderly and otherwise compromised family members may get ill, but Disney may never know. Is Florida doing contact tracing yet?

Tom P.

Disney has changed the wording on their site to say that only DVC properties and the Fort Wilderness campground will re-open on June 22nd. The mention of Disney resort hotels in general has been removed. Further, The Site That Shall Not Be Named says that Disney has officially confirmed that the original wording was in error and that there is currently no date for re-opening non-DVC resort hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom