News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

sbunit

I don’t think any of these limitations are out of line. Like many posters stated numerous times, no one is forcing anyone to go. If you aren’t pleased or feel you may have a diminished experience, just postpone and save yourself the aggravation. Personally for me, I wouldn’t go because I wouldn’t feel comfortable with all these limitations. But what doesn’t work for me may work for you and your family and everyone should just weigh the pros and cons and make the best decision that suites their family’s needs and circumstances. There is no right or wrong decision here. While all this is frustrating, It will all go back to normal sooner rather than later.

hyperflame

I was betting on reopening in August or September, so July seems comfortably early in that regard. Kudos to everyone who guessed on a July reopening.

I have a mid-November stay reserved at the Polynesian - I'm hoping there's no second wave of this virus, and that some of these restrictions are lifted or relaxed. A major sticking point I didn't see addressed was spas: I need a massage and skin treatments in my vacations, are the Disney spas open?

pdude81

I was betting on reopening in August or September, so July seems comfortably early in that regard. Kudos to everyone who guessed on a July reopening.

I have a mid-November stay reserved at the Polynesian - I'm hoping there's no second wave of this virus, and that some of these restrictions are lifted or relaxed. A major sticking point I didn't see addressed was spas: I need a massage and skin treatments in my vacations, are the Disney spas open?

0 ft. < 6 ft.

rct247

I think it is fair to say that anything is subject to change with your Disney experience in this new normal from reservations, tickets, attraction offerings, entertainment, food offerings, shops, etc.

Everything is being challenged, rethought, or altered. Just be patient and understanding. There's a reason behind any decision whether it is for safety, liability, brand protection, or money. There aren't many win wins here.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So currently, I cant make FP+ reservations for my 13th—18th trip. Are they ONLY doing virtual queues with NO FP+?

WondersOfLife

I just checked mine, I'm at the akl. They were showing availability at most deluxe and villas. Except for contemporary, yacht and boardwalk. None of the mods or values were showing up. So maybe they are only gonna open up the deluxe resorts to start. Not sure.
I sure As hell hope not. I literally just booked All star music.

WondersOfLife

I don't think you can make reservations of any kind online at the moment. But people with existing FP and dining are reporting they can still see them. But some on here have hinted that FP might not be happening in the beginning
I’d be okay with that actually.

the_rich

I sure As hell hope not. I literally just booked All star music.
Well, I would assume they would upgrade you. It happened to me last year at DL. I booked Paradise pier so I could guarantee a reservation for star wars. They called a month before my trip and upgraded me to the grand californian because they had overbooked paradise pier.

Patcheslee

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but who in the hell would want to be at a DVC resort when literally every park is closed and all non-DVC resorts are closed? What the heck would there even be to do? Where would you eat? What would you do for entertainment? I‘m sorry, but it will be utterly unforgivable if WDW screws over people with DVC bookings between 6/22 and 7/11.
Unless they have an unannounced soft opening for DVC? Some people do stay for resort only bookings, so it may be a way to get people that have that in mind to use their points. With DVC also being the more high traffic resorts for dining, it'll give Disney a chance to fine tune the new procedures.

Hcalvert

I cancelled my CSR reservation because it started three days before non-DVC resorts were set to open and I could not alter the dates without calling. I figured I was at a higher risk of cancellation even though my package was paid in full. I then booked AKL-Kidani for less than the CSR reservation from July 10 instead before I continue on to Poly. I figured they couldn't cancel my reservation since it is now through DVC. I already made FPs and they are not always in the same park as my dining reservation, which is concerning. In addition with the reduction of hours, it is going to be even more difficult for people to change later dining reservations in the parks to adhere to the newly posted hours, making dining reservations limited to where people are staying as most likely Disney transportation may not be available and the guest will have to Lyft or Uber to another resort's restaurant if they do not have their own transportation. Furthermore, there is an issue with FPs at Hollywood as they could have been booked from 9am before the hours changed. That is assuming FPs are going to be used at all. So, there is a lot of uncertainty with everything and I am really disappointed in Disney for being so vague in their released information and not at least having a FAQ section that addresses some of these situations since they are credible concerns that have shown up immediately on social media and these forums. I wonder if this was done purposely to help nudge people to cancel non-DVC reservations and thus naturally reduce resort reservations and capacity. Based on the transportation issues alone, I am thinking it may be better to cancel my flights, take a voucher for future travel, and just drive down so that I have access to transportation to get around freely.

richiejv

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with "reaching out" to those with tickets to sort out reservations as suggested earlier on in this thread. I might be missing something but I'm curious as to how this would work for someone in my situation; we're due to be coming from the UK in September (assuming borders are open of course) and have the "Disney Ultimate" 14-day park-hopping ticket which isn't booked to a particular time. I've added it to the MDE app already though it only registers a date once you start using it as far as I'm aware. Not sure how they'd be able to reach out to people in this situation but I guess they'll have an idea at some point.

danv3

By opening DVC on 6/22 it allows them to clear three weeks worth of points from the reservation systems. Anyone telling you different is lying. They can not afford to continue to allow unused points that will be bankable to build up. There is already a disaster brewing that gets bigger by the minute with the unused points already in the system.

100% correct. This is the only reason why DVC resorts are opening early.

Seanual757

Does this mean I'm pretty much locked in with the November 7th 2020 points I bought through DVC Rental Store? In other words, the owner I rented from cannot change/delay since it's outside Disney's window of extended points.

"April, June and now August, September and October 2019 Use Year points that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for reservations during the closure period will be extended for one year from the current expiration date."

If someone did not reply I believe you are. It's best to contact the DVC rental Store. I doubt they will have the answers yet as the situation is fluid I am sure more details will come out w/in the next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom