News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

corsairk09

OK, Thanks. I figured until Gov says OK, it was a maybe. I didn't get excited about UOR until Gov. said OK.
I feel like the governor approved universals plan almost immediately. It’s a little weird that we haven’t heard anything from him about this yet.

rowrbazzle

Looks like park hours have shrank at Disney also (similar to what Universal is doing), Magic Kingdom closing at 7pm (from 10pm) on most days.

Animal Kingdom to 6pm.

Ugh. They're limiting capacity (good!), but now they're reducing the spread of guests across the day (bad!). Maybe they're wanting more time to clean, but that's a big drop from what was already reduced hours over the years.

jrhwdw

I feel like the governor approved universals plan almost immediately. It’s a little weird that we haven’t heard anything from him about this yet.
Didn't he do it the next day? I know it wasn't the same day. The Task Force was Thurs, PM, He got it Fri Morning, it was OK'ed/UOR officially announced Reopening before Fri was over if my memory's correct.

danv3

Ugh. They're limiting capacity (good!), but now they're reducing the spread of guests across the day (bad!). Maybe they're wanting more time to clean, but that's a big drop from what was already reduced hours over the years.

Yeah, if anything it seems like they should be expanding hours, not reducing them.

disneygeek90

Hello guys,

The reopening plan I honestly do not see logical, too preventive.

1.- Elimination of parades.
2.- Elimination of fireworks.
3.- Elimination of characters meet and greet.
4.- Elimination of park hopper with park reservations.
5.- Elimination of number of buses, monorail, etc.
6.- Fewer opening hours of each park. three hours less in magic kingdom, two hours less in Animal, two and a half in total in Hollywood and two in EPCOT.
7.- Changes in health insurance included in our reservations excluding COVID 19
8.- Reduction of the Halloween party predictably to its minimum expression.
9.- Elimination of the buffet of characters.
10.- Exaggerated loss of freedom of movement.
11.- Resort pools closed.

They are making a mistake, if they keep that will be the ruin of disneyworld, it is not sustainable to travel to Disneyworld like this.

What do You think?

Thanks
These are meant to be temporary, not permanent.

storm180

I have friends that are going July 5th through the 15th. They waited on hold today for 2 1/2 hours but something came up so they had to hang up. Has anyone gotten through to Disney today? Any idea what they are doing with reservations that are starting before the opening but will be open several days later into the trip? They have limited time for travel that they could go and discussed trying to push it a week or two forward from their original dates. Has anyone talked to a CM today at Disney and got their reservation moved or should they just wait to see if they are contacted first and then change it? I did read that no new reservations could happen but didn't know if that meant rescheduled reservations. They are bummed they are losing their free dining but they are also concerned on how limited things will be. I guess they have a lot of things to think about.

My personal trip is End of August and I hope things are more open by then.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Disney needs to re-open the parks and resorts...there are lots of locals and people who live within driving distance who have APs and can visit for a few hours and leave if they wish - I know if I were one of them, and my husband wasn't high risk, I'd be heading to the parks just to spend some time in them for a while.

yes but thats going to be very difficult when everything has to be a reservation of entry in advance only, and virtual queue only, which frankly I see as a giant headache. Between that and the cutting (temporary or not) of other things I cant see justification paying what were paying a month anymore for passes. Im not trying to gripe etc its just a thought of concern thats bothering me. Paying too much money (or will be once again they start taking payments) for slim offerings and cant go here cant go there, do this dont do that by too many in advance restrictions.

Lilofan

Hello guys,

The reopening plan I honestly do not see logical, too preventive.

1.- Elimination of parades.
2.- Elimination of fireworks.
3.- Elimination of characters meet and greet.
4.- Elimination of park hopper with park reservations.
5.- Elimination of number of buses, monorail, etc.
6.- Fewer opening hours of each park. three hours less in magic kingdom, two hours less in Animal, two and a half in total in Hollywood and two in EPCOT.
7.- Changes in health insurance included in our reservations excluding COVID 19
8.- Reduction of the Halloween party predictably to its minimum expression.
9.- Elimination of the buffet of characters.
10.- Exaggerated loss of freedom of movement.
11.- Resort pools closed.

They are making a mistake, if they keep that will be the ruin of disneyworld, it is not sustainable to travel to Disneyworld like this.

What do You think?

Thanks
If the resort pools are Indeed closed it makes no sense to pay for an upgraded room with a pool view.

PrincessLaur

I’m pro masks but I won’t go to Disney again until I can go without one... I’m an AP holder and I’m hoping I can still get a refund on it, and will just bank my 2020 DVC points. I just can’t imagine it won’t be super miserable - wearing the mask and the people. I’m a banker and we are “essential” so through all of this we have been open and we can’t even get all customers to wear a mask for the 5 minutes their conducting a transaction within our branches. Lots of yelling about it’s not the law, it’s their right, blah blah blah. I don’t disagree but it’s our policy. Now times that by 1000s a day and oh my, those poor cast members.

I haven’t seen an age on the masks, how would I ever get my three year old to keep hers on all day in the park? Or even while waiting for her meal at a restaurant? Three year olds are willful, y’all.

I don’t know if this was the right or wrong move but I can’t help but to wonder why they couldn’t just go the route if the MLB and fly balls. Back of the ticket says, you might be smoked by a line drive and we aren’t responsible. Why can’t Disney say “enter at your own risk, we aren’t responsible beyond these reasonable precautions we have taken (sanitizing, marking 6 foot distances, etc)”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom