News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Any reports of Shanghai increasing capacity since they re-opened?

And apologies if missed it, but has WDW stated that you will be allowed to leave the park and re-enter same day?

Disstevefan1

Re Entry? Good question. -- When you leave the park for a mid day break, do they then let people in to take your place? OR is your re entry that day guaranteed?

Just guessing, but if you are staying on site, you will get re Entry as there is no actual capacity number.

I think this limited capacity stuff is “limited capacity theatre”. You will notice none of the theme parks actually give a number, they do not want to be held accountable to a number.

If they do anything, they may keep a casual eye on the number if folks in the park and make a call to close parking if needed at any time, but as I said, folks on site will be safe.

Looks like the first day for the general public at Universal was fine by noon, universal requires no reservation to get in the parks. The DIS video showed empty parks when open to the general public by the afternoon.

I know, I know, it’s universal, but still.

DisneyDebRob

I really hope anyone that is planning to go during this time, has a blast and enjoys the lower crowds and feels like it was worth it. I really do.
To me, this is a nightmare and will wait. I miss the parks as much as the next person, have been going since 1972 and a DVC member so I do put my money where my mouth is. I see absolutely no value for my money during this stage. None. Let’s hope everything goes well and things change for the better quickly.

surfsupdon

I’m pool perplexed, haha. Feature pools will be open, unless you’re at BCV. I’d hope I could use Luna Park.
And they will be at reduced hours. With parks closing early, I’d enjoy evening and night time swimming. Probably could use the quiet pools though, as they do not get locked. Right?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I really hope anyone that is planning to go during this time, has a blast and enjoys the lower crowds and feels like it was worth it. I really do.
To me, this is a nightmare and will wait. I miss the parks as much as the next person, have been going since 1972 and a DVC member so I do put my money where my mouth is. I see absolutely no value for my money during this stage. None. Let’s hope everything goes well and things change for the better quickly.
I think its completely understandable to feel that way. IMO, it seems to have become a bigger issue with people (not saying you) being overly critical of others opinions on how they choose to move forward.

If a person feels WDW is unsafe and chooses not to go, they will be called out for over reacting. And if a person has the desire to visit WDW, they will be called a moron or grandma killer.

I am not exempt as I expressed my personal belief that people were living in fear ( you and I had plenty of back and forth on that topic), and regardless of whether I felt I was correct (or not), I've tried to stop being critical of others opinions. Ive been trying to focus more on how we as a society could come out better after all this. If a person doesn't want to travel, they have every right not to. If a person does want to travel (to a state that has reopened), they have every right to as long as they are taking proper precautions. The name calling from either side doesn't help at all. We should try and learn from our differences, not argue over them.

DisneyDebRob

I think its completely understandable to feel that way. IMO, it seems to have become a bigger issue with people (not saying you) being overly critical of others opinions on how they choose to move forward.

If a person feels WDW is unsafe and chooses not to go, they will be called out for over reacting. And if a person has the desire to visit WDW, they will be called a moron or grandma killer.

I am not exempt as I expressed my personal belief that people were living in fear ( you and I had plenty of back and forth on that topic), and regardless of whether I felt I was correct (or not), I've tried to stop being critical of others opinions. Ive been trying to focus more on how we as a society could come out better after all this. If a person doesn't want to travel, they have every right not to. If a person does want to travel (to a state that has reopened), they have every right to as long as they are taking proper precautions. The name calling from either side doesn't help at all. We should try and learn from our differences, not argue over them.
We maybe having a beer together soon, never thought that. 😂 but I do agree, no matter anyone’s differences, everyone has a choice or opinion and that’s ok. Name calling doesn’t get anyone anywhere. As long as things are based on fact, we all may learn something we didn’t know before. To many people think like this meme.

C3111566-4C92-49E7-9903-1A7962F25A22.jpeg

icc2515

Just did a trip to universal, 1 day at both parks yesterday.
Did you get there at rope drop? We are thinking about doing Uni in July on days that we cannot get into a Disney park. We are just concerned about capacity and that they said that they would guarantee resort guests entry first.

Animaniac93-98

I can't imagine paying a premium to stay on site, but still not be allowed to visit the WDW parks whenever you want.

Universal's policy is easy to understand and a great incentive to stay on site. They can do this because of the lower # of hotel rooms.

WDW's better off limiting the number of rooms/hotels available vs trying to explain to their main customers why they can't go here or there.

Animaniac93-98

"Sir, I know you're spending $500/night to stay at the Polynesian, but Animal Kingdom is closed today after reaching full capacity. You'll have to make a reservation if you want to go tomorrow.

Oh the app is down? Maybe if you try later...

Oh the park was already booked by the time the app starting working again? You'll have to make a reservation if you want to go tomorrow."

lazyboy97o

"Sir, I know you're spending $500/night to stay at the Polynesian, but Animal Kingdom is closed today after reaching full capacity. You'll have to make a reservation if you want to go tomorrow.

Oh the park was already booked by the time the app starting working again? You'll have to make a reservation if you want to go tomorrow."
“Sorry folks, park’s closed, yeti outside should have told you.”

icc2515

I thought that if they ever get the reservation system working that you would be able to make the reservations in advance. So you would know ahead of time if you were going to get into the parks and therefore could make a decision to go or cancel your stay.

Animaniac93-98

I thought that if they ever get the reservation system working that you would be able to make the reservations in advance. So you would know ahead of time if you were going to get into the parks and therefore could make a decision to go or cancel your stay.

What if you change your mind? What if the weather isn't what you hoped? What if you want to park hop?

I realize plan-everything-in-advance has been the standard at WDW for years, but this just exasperates the problem.

Now a on site room reservation is going to give you preferred access to getting a reservation, but you have to commit to Disney's premium room prices just for a chance to get one (still no guarantee).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Did you get there at rope drop? We are thinking about doing Uni in July on days that we cannot get into a Disney park. We are just concerned about capacity and that they said that they would guarantee resort guests entry first.
We got there an hour before rope drop. There wasn’t a capacity issue at Universal. But universal also doesn’t have the same kind of fan base 🤷🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom